Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm finally healed up enough that I can start thinking about running the wiring for my cameras!

I'm planning to mount one to the front of the garage; I think a hole in the stucco large enough to pass cat-6 would be enough, then I can just mount the camera bracket directly to the wall. I see some mentioning they've tucked all the wiring behind the camera; curious if that is with the waterproof ethernet connector installed?

I've got a couple spots to mount where I need to surface mount on a stucco wall and run conduit up to the soffit area.
I'm thinking either a PFA139. Does anyone the size of the holes? 1/2" standard electrical fittings?
Other option would be a PFB204W if it has provision for connection of conduit; any comments here?
No conduit connection on PFB204W

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks nayr, do you by any chance know when it's back in stock?
Please see below for the latest stock update from @EMPIRETECANDY.
This stock really hard to get, so i don't put any stock on aliexpress, if all guys think i have stock and can't ship any in 1 month.So we are little hard for the shipping.
Good news we will get more stock, this is the schedule.
1st lot March.5th 50pcs, already pre-sold
2nd lot 100pcs, March.10th
3rd lot 100pcs, March.15th

Will update on Aliexpress to sell on March.7th.
Thanks all guys support!
Andy

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Attention****
As for the orders on the forum increase these days, in order to make sure Payment safe, please make payment on our aliexpress shop Empire or BEC only. PayPal also a choice but only accept the payment after I send the invoice. Because met some fraud case today, but not on the forum, so we should be very careful. Can't make you guys loose money.
This turret model will comes soon. Lol~
HFW5431E-Z5
HFW5231-Z5 also booked some but ready date I think around 3-4 weeks
Thanks!
Andy

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll want to get the region associated with where you are, no question about it--I still have an analog tv and monitor on my end. Choice matter!

Tried to buy this camera from Empire store (Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera IPC HDW5231R Z ,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd) but selecting "PAL" signal system is not available, and without it can't place an order, due to error message "Please select a Signal System". Is anyone experiencing the same?

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like my 5-5231s cameras should arrive at my home in next hour ...1 question i want try try cameras first at home before installing them at my work place out of town ..have premade short cat 5 cables ,can i use cat 5 just to try cameras ?and can i see cameras hooking directly to nvr5216 and home screen pc without internet?

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like my 5-5231s cameras should arrive at my home in next hour ...1 question i want try try cameras first at home before installing them at my work place out of town ..have premade short cat 5 cables ,can i use cat 5 just to try cameras ?and can i see cameras hooking directly to nvr5216 and home screen pc without internet?
Cat5, 5e, 6, etc...will all work for the camera.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No conduit connection on PFB204W
I figured that was likely the case thanks.
You need a PFA137 if you plan on mounting this camera using a junction box.

Yes, as per the datasheet.
Sounds like that's the way to go. I had hoped I could find a regular junction box at Home Depot that would work but there is nothing suitable. The screws on the cover for all of them line up perfectly with the outer rim of the camera.

I suppose I could machine a cover that works but that's already getting to be more hassle than just ordering the junctions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It all comes down to how much your time is worth. You would be hard pressed to beat the price Andy sells them for.
I will definitely get some for sure. There are a few spots they'll be perfect for.

I want to hang a couple of the cameras under the roof overhang at the side of the house. Since I plan to use two cameras back to back to cover that area I may jsut make a back to back junction box so I can hang both cameras in that location.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk