Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you expand on the settings you made or any way to test alarm recordings?
If I click the video camera icon on the live view that records to the NAS with no drama
All of my cams record to an NVR. I just have it set to record motion. If I could somehow trigger an alarm through the API that'd be great. I haven't figured that out yet.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A good quality modern NVR has an incoming bandwidth in the range of 300+ Mbps. A consumer grade NAS, if the rating is even listed on the spec sheet, is lucky to have 10 percent of that.
Not way, my Qnap TS-451 has two gigabit NIC's and I've set up port trunking. I've got 2Gbps of bandwidth available.
How much are one of these non consumer NVR's?
The TS-451 is $350 on Amazon (or $250 for the 2 Bay TS-251)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say i'm a little jelly since my BI machine only had one gig nic but then a 2mp camera only uses about 9mbps total with h265 so 2 gig is pretty pointless lol.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These cameras use 9+Mbps on h. 264...somewhere around 5+ I think on h. 265 but yea. Not necessary for a recording computer.

And the port trunking is really only useful when you have multiple users down/uploading at the same time.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Which microSD are you using? Any preference?

i've got a high endurance card made for video recording 24/7, why would I change things in such a way that do not meet my requirements? this is meant to record 24/7 in case someone breaks in and steals the blue iris machine, i've still got video on the cameras, if it last a year, or two, or whatever, it was $20 for the card, very cheap insurance, I'll just buy more lol.

kevkmartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was expecting to receive my 5 cameras today. Instead:

DHL Exception. Sad panda.

:(

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DHL visited my house today too. Finally got my hands on some of these turrets. Thanks Andy!

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Andy
Can you please tell when the AliExpress orders will be shipped out? Ordered 2 (82864469384967) on the 27/3. Says "awaiting shipment"

And which NVR has battery in it? Just for clock memory? I read it like its a UPS inbuilt...

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Andy
Can you please tell when the AliExpress orders will be shipped out? Ordered 2 (82864469384967) on the 27/3. Says "awaiting shipment"

And which NVR has battery in it? Just for clock memory? I read it like its a UPS inbuilt...
Dude are you serious? You ordered not even 3 days ago? Most people have been waiting 2-6 weeks. Chilli, this isn't Amazon Prime...

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dude are you serious? You ordered not even 3 days ago? Most people have been waiting 2-6 weeks. Chilli, this isn't Amazon Prime...
I am not worried, just checking. Given that Andy had stock, wanted to know when he would send them, thats all

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He ships once a week in bulk, probably on Friday or in the weekend. And even if it is marked as shipped, it might not mean that the package is actually picked up.
Rest assured; if you want to know more, contact him directly on AliExpress via Web Based Chat; i just did and he replied within a minute.

davw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone in UK know where I can buy pfB203W or can recommend a junction box that it can be mounted on.
thank you