Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

davw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks giles - shame its so pricey

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The shipping is ridiculous, I think it'll come from china anyway. So get one for 16$ including shipping on Aliexpress. Delivery time will be the same and you'll get 3-4 for the same price

Edit: just saw it'll come from Italy. But won't be much faster as aliexpress if the seller has stock. For me ePacket took 7-9 days from China to Germany.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another solution might be for you to find out what brand Dahua is re-branded as in the UK. I know in Australia they go by VIP Vision and Securview, so I tracked down a local supplier who handled VIP Vision and since they are identical was able to get the mount I needed, same box I would have received from Andy and all.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tried downloading the firmware from the first page of this novel and got a 404 error. Is there another link?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yay - mine has just arrived. have opened it up to insert microsd.
Am i being thick - unable to put the mount/housing back to together. ( i have not lost the setscrew yet)
any ideas
I had one of my 5 be such a tight fit, I almost gave up and smashed it with a hammer.. figured it was the extra paint I added. . .

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just tried downloading the firmware from the first page of this novel and got a 404 error. Is there another link?
IPC should show you the firmware images on Dahua's site.

The one for the 5231 used to be on the first results for IPC, but it looks like they've added a bunch of new ones since (including some NTSC ones, which I didn't notice last night when I was on there).

Look for ones that have Rhea in the name and see if the naming convention before that lines up with 5231.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had one of my 5 be such a tight fit, I almost gave up and smashed it with a hammer.. figured it was the extra paint I added. . .
The one I've got is a pain to try and mount on the base. It's a struggle to try and get it to clip on and even when it appears to be on correctly it's very hard to rotate with the set screw backed right off.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
*****UPDATE
Got 200pcs in and nearly use up the stock, next shipment i think have to wait to Middle April. Can close all the orders on hand. So guys no worry at all.
For those shipment last week may have some small mistake, please feel free to contact me on email:kingsecurity2014@163.com will solve it shortly.

Andy

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome news Andy. Can't wait to get the final part of my order. Glad there was enough to go around.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The one I've got is a pain to try and mount on the base. It's a struggle to try and get it to clip on and even when it appears to be on correctly it's very hard to rotate with the set screw backed right off.
That wasn't even an option for mine.. I had to have mine adjusted, and then pretty much use all my body weight to push it enough to get the set screw in. Without doing that, the set screw wouldn't hold and the cover would just pop out. I won't be taking it off any time soon. I'm really hoping that one never has issues. :)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New firmware version ... .7? I was on .5 in PAL, so it's new for me, not sure for anyone else.
Bug fix #3 looks interesting.

Link:IPC (you have to search for the filename)

Code:
[*]Software Name:  [NTSC]DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000.7.R.20170306
[*]Software Size:  20.86MB
[*]Release notes:

New features:
Null

Optimizations & bug fixes:

1. Fix the bug that picture overlay displays abnormal when image flips
2. Fix SD card stop working problem
3. Fix auto focus problem under IR condition
Installed OK on one of mine, but haven't really played with it yet.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 9.05.21 PM.png