Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I would contact the seller via email and ask. There's not too much point in posting about it publicly, unless there is some thread where the seller (Andy?) updates tracking numbers instead of email.

I've laid out about the same amount for my first small batch of cameras to test and I don't have a tracking number yet either, but remember.... Monday was a holiday for many countries and I know Andy has been busy working late nights in his timezone replying to people and getting orders ready catching up. It also doesn't help that this camera is extremely popular and with the prices, they are hard to keep in stock.

Hopefully for both of us these are worth the wait.. From the images and reviews I think we will be happy.
if you don't like ordering straight from china, you are more than welcome to quit bitching and buy from a US reseller to the tune of about $100 MORE per camera. Out of all of the people who have ordered from Andy on this forum, NO ONE has been screwed over, sometimes things happen and there are delays, he isn't amazon.

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
Message him through his store at aliexpress. He will respond. I've been waiting a week too.

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All -

Sent payment today for 6 of these. I appreciate everyone's advice. Hopefully they ship quickly.

I'm probably going to mount these under the eves (not on walls). Should in be getting PFA137s? Or will they mount OK without them? I see Andy has them for 50% less than Amazon, etc.

If I need them, I'd like to add to this order. Thanks.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm probably going to mount these under the eves (not on walls). Should in be getting PFA137s? Or will they mount OK without them?
As long as you can drill a hole through the eves big enough for the Ethernet connector to pass through (3/4" is tight but works IIRC), I think you should be good. Assuming you can screw the ring piece that the camera locks into under the eve...

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
As long as you can drill a hole through the eves big enough for the Ethernet connector to pass through (3/4" is tight but works IIRC), I think you should be good. Assuming you can screw the ring piece that the camera locks into under the eve...
Thanks. Shouldn't be a problem. In fact, the Ethernet cables are already ran and hanging out the eves.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you know if your cameras ship? I ordered last week after receiving assurance there were plenty to fulfill the waitlist and get my cameras out. However, I've still not yet received a tracking number. I get the "be patient" sentiment and all, but I've already laid out nearly $1,000 and wouldn't have given someone a short-term loan had I know they weren't going to ship for a month.
What did you order? 5231"s? You CAN'T get them anywhere else, they are in such high demand and short supply. Please let us all know where they can be had quicker? We are all ears.....

I have you all beat. Paid $4300 via Paypal on 3/30/17. 35 days ago. I'm still waiting. Be patient, and get in line......

SD

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What did you order? 5231"s? You CAN'T get them anywhere else, they are in such high demand and short supply. Please let us all know where they can be had quicker? We are all ears.....

I have you all beat. Paid $4300 via Paypal on 3/30/17. 35 days ago. I'm still waiting. Be patient, and get in line......

SD
It is very peculiar how hostile some of you are, and to what end? Never claimed they could be had faster elsewhere, I asked a question about tracking numbers and the shipping process which has since been answered. But congrats, looks like you bought a lot of stuff...

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've already laid out nearly $1,000 and wouldn't have given someone a short-term loan had I know they weren't going to ship for a month.
It is very peculiar how hostile some of you are, and to what end? Never claimed they could be had faster elsewhere, I asked a question about tracking numbers and the shipping process which has since been answered. But congrats, looks like you bought a lot of stuff...
Don't need any congratulations. You obviously didn't read and research the timeframe involved with the 5231's, all the Chinese holidays, the supply being cut back, promises and shortcomings from Dahua. I could go on and on.

Ask Andy for your money back and choose another solution if you can't provide a short term "loan", in your words. They will sell in 10 seconds flat to others waiting a lot longer.

We protect our own, and especially Andy. Airing your dirty laundry here won't get the response you're looking for. The guy is solid, professional and fills the orders 1st come, 1st serve. I need 10 more 5231's. Please cancel your order.

SD

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't need any congratulations. You obviously didn't read and research the timeframe involved with the 5231's, all the Chinese holidays, the supply being cut back, promises and shortcomings from Dahua. I could go on and on.

Ask Andy for your money back and choose another solution if you can't provide a short term "loan", in your words. They will sell in 10 seconds flat to others waiting a lot longer.

We protect our own, and especially Andy. Airing your dirty laundry here won't get the response you're looking for. The guy is solid, professional and fills the orders 1st come, 1st serve. I need 10 more 5231's. Please cancel your order.

SD
Again, why so angry? My goodness.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I wrote the seller 36 hours ago and hadn't heard back so was hoping someone here had been through the process and knew if a tracking number was provided or not. Agree my post was of limited utility, but worth a shot for some peace of mind.
The fast way to contact me is send email kingsecurity2014@163.com because sometimes too busy for processing different works.
All as scheduled can close the orders on Monday for all the HDW5231R-Z, thanks again.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Paid via paypal 1.5 weeks ago, got my DHL shipping confirmation yesterday. I'm getting stoked!

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
Paid via paypal 1.5 weeks ago, got my DHL shipping confirmation yesterday. I'm getting stoked!
Still waiting for mine but not concerned. Only concern is with the wife! She's a little concerned about Ethernet wires hanging from all the eves!! Hahaha! At least the hard part is done for me. (Still need to build a reasonable BI server. Just testing from my gaming rig at the moment.)