Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Lonster - that seems to be a common thing with Aliexpress. Promises of fast shipping but then no stock. From what I've seen Empire Tech seem to do their best to only list items they have in stock.

I got caught out recently with some Hikvision cams and ended up settling for a different lens length just to get the order finalised- otherwise I'd still be waiting. I also had the false tracking number pulled with that deal.

You should be able to resell your 5231R-Z on here - particularly if Andy (Empire Tech) and other stores don't have stock.
This really hard to keep all dahua models stock in, they have more than hundreds models, if keep all stock in that is crazy money. We kept a 200000usd running for this business, still have many problems for the stock issues. Normally dahua booking till shipping to us need 3-4 weeks, this HDW5231R-Z 5-6 weeks, really very crazy!!!

HalfMoon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A guy from Germany bought a camera 170usd, paid 65USD tax, you know this is totally crazy. Most country has such service in EU. A special way for you guys.
Seems 50% parcels all delivered now, HK to USA 2 days. Monday will process all the orders, so till then no waiting orders anymore, i feel better and then have enough time to process the warranty and bug issues.
Next stock will be 2 weeks later. Thanks for attentions.

Andy
Thank you, Andy.

Please try to get some rest over the weekend, you deserve some down time too.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if I want this cam mounted at the side of the house looking down the side, would PFB202W be the mount I'd wanna use?

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone try mounting the cam with the IR's on the top and bottom, did you notice any difference?

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone try mounting the cam with the IR's on the top and bottom, did you notice any difference?
I believe @nayr is calling that corridor mode in the chain and has said the software will allow you to flip the image. He's suggested it to several folks here.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
depends on how it's mounted. a few people have had issues with this and it has helped. In one case the fascia board on somebody's soffit stuck down several inches, iirc they ended up adding a junction box and rotating the cam 180 degrees.

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Coincidentally I just did this today - due to the tight space between the eve and the pillar. Worked fine, with the exception of the IR bouncing off the eves - I turned the IR off. With that said, the IR issue would have likely been there right side up because of the tight confines.

Attachments

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A big thank you to whoever recommended the pfb203w mount. I had a tricky spot to mount a 5231 because I had to clear a light. This mount was exactly what I needed. Just ordered another one for the camera on the other side of the driveway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just put two of these in at a indoor hallway. One seems fine but the other seems to run out of focus range at about 2/3 zoom. I will probably contact Andy, but wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this occur?

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just put two of these in at a indoor hallway. One seems fine but the other seems to run out of focus range at about 2/3 zoom. I will probably contact Andy, but wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this occur?
depth of field decreases as zoom increases

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what's the distance from the box to the camera? camera to exit sign?

As you zoom in the hyperfocal distance increases.

P.S. what's with the BMP attachments? They're big and annoying because browsers won't display them and you have to download them.