Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

JSec

n3wb
Reaction score
I've thought about a flood too. Does anyone know which wavelength of light the Dahua's are sensitive to? Is this something that needs to be considered?

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. I placed mine via email/paypal on April 24 and I'm still waiting. They haven't even shipped yet. I bet @EMPIRETECANDY filled the aliexpress ones first because they require the tracking numbers within so many days. I probably got shuffled to the back. Something to keep in mind when ordering guys...
I recall him mentioning something to that effect.

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
If I can't get OpenVPN working on the PC I had dedicated to Blue Iris, I may just order a NVR through AliExpress. Maybe get these faster that way, lol.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1) Does it matter which seller I buy this camera from on Aliexpress?

Dragoneye has it for $152
Empire has it for $170

Any differences?

2) What mount/adapter/junction box do I need to mount the camera to a soffit on my porch? I also want to put 1 on the back of my house which is vinyl siding. How would I attach there? DH-PFB203W ?

3) Any NVR's recommended? I want h.265 or h.265+

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it matter which seller I buy this camera from on Aliexpress?

Dragoneye has it for $152
Empire has it for $170

Any differences?
DragonEye used to charge extra for shipping. With Empire, $170 includes shipping.

My experience ordering from them was that their website said they had it in stock, but they actually didn't. Had to wait until the exact same day Andy got his next shipment (back then) .. they got their next shipment on the same day. They then shipped the product from China to Hong Kong to Singapore before it was mailed to me (in the US).

It eventually got to me and worked fine (it's the same product), but it took way longer than expected, and it cost more.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DragonEye used to charge extra for shipping. With Empire, $170 includes shipping.

My experience ordering from them was that their website said they had it in stock, but they actually didn't. Had to wait until the exact same day Andy got his next shipment (back then) .. they got their next shipment on the same day. They then shipped the product from China to Hong Kong to Singapore before it was mailed to me (in the US).

It eventually got to me and worked fine (it's the same product), but it took way longer than expected, and it cost more.
Thank you aristobrat. Looks like DragonEye has free shipping now.

2) Is the DH-PFB203W mount ok to attach to vinyl siding on a house?

3) Any NVR's recommended? I want h.265 or h.265+

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you EMPIRE!

Final question :)

Is the PFB203W mount ok to screw directly to vinyl siding on a house? I don't want water to get behind my siding. What's the best way to do it?
not a good idea.

Use a siding mounting block available online or home depot / lowes.

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting. I placed mine via email/paypal on April 24 and I'm still waiting. They haven't even shipped yet. I bet @EMPIRETECANDY filled the aliexpress ones first because they require the tracking numbers within so many days. I probably got shuffled to the back. Something to keep in mind when ordering guys...
I ordered on 4/25 and was told stock was on hand. Haven't gotten tracking yet. We'll see what happens here over the next couple days.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I can't get OpenVPN working on the PC I had dedicated to Blue Iris, I may just order a NVR through AliExpress. Maybe get these faster that way, lol.
If you can't get openVPN to work, why would it matter if you have a Dahua NVR or blue iris computer?

Reaction score
I ordered on 4/25 and was told stock was on hand. Haven't gotten tracking yet. We'll see what happens here over the next couple days.
Here is a lesson I learned a couple of months ago about ordering on AliExpress. It may show in stock on Empire or BEC's site, but that doesn't mean it really is. Andy ships on a regular schedule and kind of projects when stock is available. Also, you will get an initial tracking number that is useless. Wait for the second 'real' number to be posted for DHL. Even with this number, it can take a few days for it to actually get picked up (leave the building). You just need to be patient with Empire or BEC, and you will get it. We are not dealing with Amazon here. Just wait, and you will be rewarded. The cameras they sell are pro quality at very fair prices. Andy is the gold standard other AliExpress sellers need to compete with. FWIW.

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can't get openVPN to work, why would it matter if you have a Dahua NVR or blue iris computer?
Supposedly easier to set up and at that point I wouldn't care about remote viewing. OpenVPN is running fine on computer, just Android connection im having issues working through.