Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This model's stock ship from dahua today, should be here on Thursday, and i will fully tested and then release them, sorry for the delay. Will get more stock next week.
For the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE orders all processed today. New stocks will come later this month, i think have to wait til 25th. Have to make sure this is a nice model, and then make a larger stock.a

Andy

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right now we have a service can print simple words on the camera as brand, this guy LEE put his name on the PTZ, lol

View attachment 21484
Damn, would I have known this a few days before… anyway I'm happy my order has been dispatched
Next order might have branding.
You have to tell us more about. How much letters are possible, different fonts, font size, bold, colors etc.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes me too! How much is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally set up email notifications today (IVS only), and had to turn them off due to too many emails.

I tried increasing the email frequency in the Network > SMTP (Email) settings, but that does not seem to work.

Any ideas?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So I finally set up email notifications today (IVS only), and had to turn them off due to too many emails.

I tried increasing the email frequency in the Network > SMTP (Email) settings, but that does not seem to work.

Any ideas?

Have you tried decreasing?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried decreasing?
Yes. I started out at the minimum of 60 seconds, and then went up to 300 seconds, but it will still send an email every minute if warranted by the triggers set.

Correction: The default is 0 seconds, which I am pretty sure I started out at, then went to 60 seconds, then 300 seconds.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Damn, would I have known this a few days before… anyway I'm happy my order has been dispatched
Next order might have branding.
You have to tell us more about. How much letters are possible, different fonts, font size, bold, colors etc.
3-4 words is fine

samys

n3wb
Reaction score
How to access this camera from the internet? I have an android phone, using gDMSS Lite, but working only on the local network as I added the local IP. What setup do you have? Thx

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How to access this camera from the internet? I have an android phone, using gDMSS Lite, but working only on the local network as I added the local IP. What setup do you have? Thx

Other examples are available...

billv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, let me try again....

Is there a way to update the text overlay besides the web GUI interface, such as an SDK or json or something else? I want to update the overlay with weather data periodically so need an way to do this programmatically from the computer the camera is connected to.

Thanks

bohemian

n3wb
Reaction score
Slightly off topic - is there any way to programmatically determine if the camera is currently in day or night mode?

I'd like to read that status with my home automation system and use it to trigger some landscape lights on/off.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are you switching the camera between day/night mode? Because I only know of two ways....

1) schedule it in the camera administration page. Sucks because as the seasons change you'll constantly have to manually adjust your schedule and won't really help with the lights because you could just manually adjust their times as well at the same time you adjust the cameras.

2) have some automation system do it for you

Switch Dahua Day/Night Profile via IPC HTTP API

If your doing this, just have whatever your using to switch the cameras modes also turn your lights on and off. Maybe sunrise/sunset times.

bohemian

n3wb
Reaction score
How are you switching the camera between day/night mode? .
I'm letting the camera switch automatically.

I just want to read that state from the camera and effectively use the camera as a sensor to help me to determine if it's dark enough to turn the lights one. I'm currently doing that via calculated sunset but would like something a bit more aligned to local conditions.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm letting the camera switch automatically.

I just want to read that state from the camera and effectively use the camera as a sensor to help me to determine if it's dark enough to turn the lights one. I'm currently doing that via calculated sunset but would like something a bit more aligned to local conditions.
If I remember correctly, the IR is set to switch on/off as needed automatically, but the camera can't automatically switch between the day/night profiles ("modes").

For your purpose, it sounds like you need to programmatically determine if the IR is on or off.