Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it were my I'd build a small roof above that cam.
I did.

Or you mean something more elaborate?

I put the metal barn roofing piece over it after the connection failed. I had been thinking about it beforehand, but didn't get around to it.

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need a little help. I received my first Dahua today and it doesn't power up. I'm using a standard POE injector. Is there something special about the injector for the IPC-HDW5231R-Z? Also, the little disk I received with the config tool has no executable. Do I need to download a WIndows version? Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I need a little help. I received my first Dahua today and it doesn't power up. I'm using a standard POE injector. Is there something special about the injector for the IPC-HDW5231R-Z? Also, the little disk I received with the config tool has no executable. Do I need to download a WIndows version? Thanks
ConfigTool Version:3.20.0 for PC ==>> here <<==.

Are you using a known, working 'straight-thru' Ethernet cable ( configured T568B on both ends or T568A on both ends) from cam to injector?

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ConfigTool Version:3.20.0 for PC ==>> here <<==.

Are you using a known, working 'straight-thru' Ethernet cable ( configured T568B on both ends or T568A on both ends) from cam to injector?
Thanks. I suspect the injector. I'll just us the web interface.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget you can also use a 12VDC, 1A power supply into the 3.5 mm TRS connector, if you happen to have an extra compatible power supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah. I wish I had something. Of course, there's really no where local to get one. Thanks

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No lights. I suspect the injector is not 48v. It came with an access point. I ordered one from Amazon. I can't find a 12v adapter in all my stuff.

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found an AC adapter from a router. Fired up.

Update: I have it all set up and can view on my tinyCam app. Avast wouldn't let me download the plugin. Now I need help with PTZ. It zooms but doesn't pan or tilt. There is nothing binding.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I need help with PTZ. It zooms but doesn't pan or tilt. There is nothing binding.
This camera is not a ptz...its a motorized varifocal, if you want to pan tilt, you need to go and move it yourself.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Found an AC adapter from a router. Fired up.

Update: I have it all set up and can view on my tinyCam app. Avast wouldn't let me download the plugin. Now I need help with PTZ. It zooms but doesn't pan or tilt. There is nothing binding.
The IPC-HDW5231R-Z does NOT pan or tilt via controls!

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, another one. In tinyCam, I have the choice below. Since this camera isn't on the list, can you recommend a compatible model?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No lights. I suspect the injector is not 48v. It came with an access point. I ordered one from Amazon. I can't find a 12v adapter in all my stuff.
@t84a, please go back and read all your posts and you'll see what a challenge it has been to help you:
"No Lights":
On what?
"I suspect the injector is not 48v. It came with an access point":
This makes no sense... access points don't come with 'injectors'. They come 'Power supplies' (i.e. 'wall wart') maybe.
And now you found an 'AC adapter' and it works but won't PTZ.
I'm worn out..g'nite!

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I bought without researching. I thought it was a PTZ. In the Black Friday thread, I just bought on impulse. Of course, access points come with POE injectors. It's a TP Link. I do appreciate your help. Thanks a million.