Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Gooooooooooooood news, just get 40pcs stock in, can ship out on Monday(GMT+8). I think i can close all current orders which most guys wait for 3 weeks even longer.
Christmas we don't have holiday, and at that time, i think we will have enough stock to ship out. Thanks again for all guys support.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy as I mentioned I already have the Dahau Config Tool installed but it's not detecting the Starlight nor my other two cameras.
should be the power supply have some problem, you are using standard POE switch to make the power? Because we update all firmware before shipping.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gooooooooooooood news, just get 40pcs stock in, can ship out on Monday(GMT+8). I think i can close all current orders which most guys wait for 3 weeks even longer.
Christmas we don't have holiday, and at that time, i think we will have enough stock to ship out. Thanks again for all guys support.
Ahh that is nice.

stekko

n3wb
Reaction score
Jeff, N just mean NTSC.Now i use all NTSC firmware for this camera.
Hi Andy an Hi all folks of IPCAMTALK!
I've ordered 1, i'm from Italy..and we are using PAL here...i think in digital solution this difference is not so important...or may i have some trouble ?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Andy an Hi all folks of IPCAMTALK!
I've ordered 1, i'm from Italy..and we are using PAL here...i think in digital solution this difference is not so important...or may i have some trouble ?
No problem at all, will send you PAL firmware for using. Because this model i promise to offer all NTSC or PAL, as Ryan told, not a problem at all. I had many client bought PAL and use in US/CA/MX. All working well.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh that is nice.
Totally 42pcs, but Monday can ship to us, because they have to update the firmware to NTSC for US guys. I will try my best to make all get the camera ship to all guys before Christmas.
But how many days holiday for the Christmas for the US,CA or EU? Anyone can tell me? From Dec.xx-Dec.xx? i need to make a plan.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My offices are closed from the 24th of Dec to the 1st of January.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Canada has holidays on Christmas the 25th and Boxing Day (26th this year). Then open but closed for New Year's (holiday observed Jan 2nd this year).

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In Germany
1/2 day workinghours on Christmas Eve (24th)
Everything closed on 25th and 26th Christmas Day

1/2 day workinghours on 31st.
Closed 1st of January.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the difference between the DH and non-DH versions? Also, how do I go about ordering the NTSC model?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NL has off 25+26th and 1 Jan officially.
This means one day off on 26th for most people that work monday-friday.

stekko

n3wb
Reaction score
In Germany
1/2 day workinghours on Christmas Eve (24th)
Everything closed on 25th and 26th Christmas Day

1/2 day workinghours on 31st.
Closed 1st of January.
In Italy too

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been waiting for some of these cameras from Andy since the end of November. I'm about to receive a Dahua PAL NVR so I'm looking forward to some cameras. Hopefully by Christmas!

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what is the equivalent camera but with a fixed lens? Not sure I could afford to put 6 of these around my house. Also, what NVR do you recommend for these that balances features, HD space, and affordability? I'm thinking of returning my Costco system in favor of having full flexibility. Going NVR seems easiest now as I don't have the resources to go BI and computer at the moment.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So what is the equivalent camera but with a fixed lens? Not sure I could afford to put 6 of these around my house. Also, what NVR do you recommend for these that balances features, HD space, and affordability? I'm thinking of returning my Costco system in favor of having full flexibility. Going NVR seems easiest now as I don't have the resources to go BI and computer at the moment.
There is no equivalent...the fixed unit does not have the same low light ratings...There difference is only 35 dollars...well worth it.
A blue iris system for 6 1080p cameras would cost 200-300 dollars..not much more than an NVR...you wont get anymore flexibility with an NVR than you costco system which is likely made by dahua or hikvision.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's been a while since I first got onto this forum and then learned about these cameras. Can I just check that if I buy three of these that the best NVR for these will be the NVR5208-4KS2? Is there a 4 channel version because I won't be expanding the wired cameras past 3 really. Also, the poe switch I have is the Netgear GS308P-100UKS. Or is there an equally good NVR I can buy from the UK for a similar or cheaper price?