Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
dahua all OEM brand also has the risks, the problem can be sorted soon. Today just get some IPC- HFW5231E-Z ship out, others still pending.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the Wikileaks - CIA issue? Both manufacturers at the same time?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Wonder if it has anything to do with the Wikileaks - CIA issue? Both manufacturers at the same time?
more like they all use the same probably super old linux in their cameras and never update anything for security only performance and features so now you find the same vuln is on probably most brands out there, just have not been tested yet.

bigjezza

n3wb
Reaction score
So how do these cams compare to others once the NR is turned off? I was quite shocked when I disabled it - I couldn't handle the temporal ghosting with it on.

nosnoop

n3wb
Reaction score
dahua all OEM brand also has the risks, the problem can be sorted soon. Today just get some IPC- HFW5231E-Z ship out, others still pending.
Would the IPC- HFW5231E-Z be affected as well?

Is there any way to test for this vulnerability ourselves?

kodten

n3wb
Reaction score

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, was about to order the hdw5231r-z from him, guess i have to wait a little longer
In the meantime i am looking for 2 more non ptz cameras, preferably under $100, can anyone advice me?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are not understanding the risk. Once someone has access to a device on your network everything on your network has the potential of being compromised.
Gotcha. Haven't had time to read up on it. Been shoveling snow and just jumped in to the conversation. That is quite serious.

qwert106

n3wb
Reaction score
great news from Qnap for NAS users:

We have finished the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z camera integration .

Please let me know the current firmware version including build No. of this TS-453A . we will prepare a Surveillance Station beta with IPC-HDW5231R-Z support as soon as possible .

Thank you
Best regards

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can find calculators online where you pop in your mp, bit rate, etc. and how many cams and days you want to store and it will tell you how much space you need.
How would i need to set it (and on which sites) if i have this cam and the SD59 PTZ?; what do i fill in? I bought 2x WD Purple, 4TB to put in my NAS (i also learned i don't need RAID)
I think based on the readings on this site 15fps is more then enough; 24/7 recording; H264 with VBR?