Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat guys. Ordered Dahua NVR from Andy (already delivered), bought WD Purple 6Tb, 8 port POE switch, but don't have any cameras yet. Been checking Andy's Aliexpress page every day but no joy yet...
Lol. I'm slightly better off I have 1 camera (got it up and recording Saturday). When he posts here that he's got stock, IM him vs looking at AliExpress.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You are not understanding the risk. Once someone has access to a device on your network everything on your network has the potential of being compromised.
I agree, have to be careful. Just talking with dahua, they will release a news tomorrow on their official website. I think have to upgrade all firmware for all the devices, maybe still need some days. Right now i still no list for which are safe.
But for those cams can't update the firmware(Chinese hacked version) will be very bad. Normally i don't recommend to buy those cams' firmware can't be updated.
So from now till the news released, will not sell any cams and device out.
For those guys who pre-paid, i can refund the payment, please send emails to me if you want a refund, Because some guys wait too long time.

Andy

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat guys. Ordered Dahua NVR from Andy (already delivered), bought WD Purple 6Tb, 8 port POE switch, but don't have any cameras yet. Been checking Andy's Aliexpress page every day but no joy yet...
I will post message here, no need to watch on aliexpress everyday, i will post news here. No worry.

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm willing to keep waiting for mine, hopefully it won't be too long! Cold windy and snowy here too so I can wait on the corner mount for the PTZ I've just gotten from you @EMPIRECANDY but please don't forget to invoice and send it with this varifocal when it's ready to ship :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm willing to keep waiting for mine, hopefully it won't be too long! Cold windy and snowy here too so I can wait on the corner mount for the PTZ I've just gotten from you @EMPIRECANDY but please don't forget to invoice and send it with this varifocal when it's ready to ship :)
here is summer now, 27 degrees. I haven't seen any snow for 3 years till now.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My mounts finally arrived! These things are sooooo much nicer than I thought. The wall mount feels like I could hang off it it's so sturdy.

I'm glad I waited!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My mounts finally arrived! These things are sooooo much nicer than I thought. The wall mount feels like I could hang off it it's so sturdy.

I'm glad I waited!

Is there a way to run the network cable out of the edge of that mount near the base like the turret? Is you didn't want to put a hole behind it.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree, have to be careful. Just talking with dahua, they will release a news tomorrow on their official website. I think have to upgrade all firmware for all the devices, maybe still need some days. Right now i still no list for which are safe.

But for those cams can't update the firmware(Chinese hacked version) will be very bad. Normally i don't recommend to buy those cams' firmware can't be updated.

Andy
I own a white box (unbranded) DH-SD22204T-GN that came from Ali Express a year ago. Is there any way to determine in advance of attempting to update if it was originally the English version or a Chinese hacked version?

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My front door camera has color coordinated conduit. :). My wife still says "looks good. I can't wait to see how much smaller the new one will be". Lol okay.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Excellent, might pick me up a few of them, did you get them from Andy or what
I ordered from BH. Confirm they are in stock. Otherwise it'll take a few weeks and you might as well get them from Ali.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I own a white box (unbranded) DH-SD22204T-GN that came from Ali Express a year ago. Is there any way to determine in advance of attempting to update if it was originally the English version or a Chinese hacked version?
This one can be updated. Tomorrow will have news. I think have to update firmware for those models involved.