Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to figure out how to configure BlueIris to do this. If anybody has suggestions that would be great!
This isn't exactly what you wanted, but in Blue Iris Settings > Clips and archiving, you could set the New folder to be located on that hidden HDD, set the Limit Clip Age to 1 day, and set the 'Move to folder' to a folder that's pointed to a different hard drive.

All new recordings less than a day old would be on the hidden HDD. Once they hit a day old, they'd get moved to a different HDD. One potential issue here is that the external USB HDD needs to be fast enough to keep up with all of this, which I guess would depend on your overall bitrate.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Security Spy (Mac) has the ability to send the triggered event to the cloud or ftp or sftp. I'm sure Blue Iris can do this too. Simply move the events offsite.

I hope this helps!

Robert

Stik

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased this camera and am using with Smart PSS and the Dahua PC-NVR software. I have been unable to figure out the how to access IVS. Under Setup-->Events, my menu seems to be missing the Smart Plan, IVS, and Face Detection options as shown in the screen shot below. I am running the latest 2.460.0000.7.R firmware. Any suggestions on what I am missing? Thanks.

upload_2017-8-16_17-4-43.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased this camera and am using with Smart PSS and the Dahua PC-NVR software. I have been unable to figure out the how to access IVS. Under Setup-->Events, my menu seems to be missing the Smart Plan, IVS, and Face Detection options as shown in the screen shot below. I am running the latest 2.460.0000.7.R firmware. Any suggestions on what I am missing? Thanks.

View attachment 20964
ivs will not work if you have smart codec enabled....

timmychans

n3wb
Reaction score
@nayr and @EMPIRETECANDY Can't thank yall enough. DHL was lost and didnt get the camera until the 5th day. 4 days shipping, Andy is the best. Was lost trying to get it working, remembered loading up the smartpss and then loading the IE with the default IP of the camera. It works . thanks again.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking some foam weather stripping followed with a little application of silicone caulk and smoothing it out nicely.

Frost King E/O 5/16 in. x 1/4 in. x 17 ft. Black EPDM Cellular Rubber Weatherstrip Tape-V25BK - The Home Depot
I tried this out with my camera in my garage, as it is easy to get to, and I had a spare piece of weatherstripping. I had to remove the "spine" as that prevents it from bending easily. The result is "meh", but to be honest, I spent about three minutes total on this.

Here are the relevant photos.

Attachments

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A
Hey guys,

This model get enough stock now. Can process the orders fast next week.

Andy
Andy, which model is this? I ask because there is a new version with an almost exact same model number. Please show a link to the cam we are talking about and your price for ipcamtalk folks.

Thanks,

Robert

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A

Andy, which model is this? I ask because there is a new version with an almost exact same model number. Please show a link to the cam we are talking about and your price for ipcamtalk folks.

Thanks,

Robert
The "new" version got an E at the end

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its funny because I was thinking about that exact gap recently.

I tried this out with my camera in my garage, as it is easy to get to, and I had a spare piece of weatherstripping. I had to remove the "spine" as that prevents it from bending easily. The result is "meh", but to be honest, I spent about three minutes total on this.

Here are the relevant photos.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know which model is the PoE equi of 5231R-Z? Is it the
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE? Doesnt appear on Andys site

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I saw a newly released "IPC-HDW5231R-ZE" or something like that where the camera had a different look for 2017. Naturally, I cannot find that link now. What saw was much more appealing cosmetically. Do you know what I'm talking about by chance?

Can someone send me a link to the new model? As I recall it had a large rectangular lens and I liked it!

Thanks!