Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Trike

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have your network and cams setup to be secure from the net?
UPNP off, Cams/nvr blocked at the router from contacting the net,no ports forwarded, etc?

Read this: Dahua latest stable firmware + Best Practice Reminder
The NVR has access to the net for push notifications. But I have disabled UPNP, no port forwarding setup. The cams are on the NVR network with the built in POE switch. I VPN in to check the cams. I'm going to pull the cams tonight to see if I can connect to them. Is there a factory reset button inside the camera?

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR has access to the net for push notifications. But I have disabled UPNP, no port forwarding setup. The cams are on the NVR network with the built in POE switch. I VPN in to check the cams. I'm going to pull the cams tonight to see if I can connect to them. Is there a factory reset button inside the camera?
Yes the reset button is inside the camera. (Dahua camera reset proceedure.)

tripnotics

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone used this camera with Surveillance Station on a Synology NAS? Is it a straightforward setup?

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice, I'm planning on buying, at least two maybe three of those and a wedge. Waiting on some money(Andy, this is why, I'm not placing the order yet).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'm gonna find out in an hour or so, but if I want the cams to switch day/night automatically I want them set to Normal Profile and Day/Night mode set to Auto?

I'm curious because these were not the default settings. It was default to Full time Day.
iirc, yes Auto.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess I'm gonna find out in an hour or so, but if I want the cams to switch day/night automatically I want them set to Normal Profile and Day/Night mode set to Auto?

I'm curious because these were not the default settings. It was default to Full time Day.
The Day & Night settings under conditions do not automatically switch to the day or night profile. This setting just determines if you want the camera to switch between color and B&W automatically or if you want to force it manually to stay in either color or black and white. The profile will not switch automatically. You can set a schedule to have it switch profiles at a certain time or run one profile full time.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I read some old posts about profiles, I think I understand it and its limitations. I'm gonna try switching by IR at first since my property is full of motion flood lights that can make it look day light at times. I used to use BI for day/night profiles because my old cams took forever to switch back and forth and would result in several seconds of black video. We'll see how this works out tonight. This is also my first time getting audio with cams. That's gonna be pretty cool going forward.

Very exciting!

I also just wanna publicly thank Andy @EMPIRETECANDY for a great transaction! I think these shipped on Monday and they arrived on a Saturday. Pretty great shipping times for not being Amazon. Thanks again everybody. Time for pizza and beer to see if I can forget about this stupid head cold now. :rofl:
Don't forget to play around with enabling and disabling the noise filter. Makes a big difference. I like it disabled better I think. It is on by default I believe.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand UNIX CCTV is now selling a rebranded Dahua turret camera. Anyone know if its indeed the starlight model?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand UNIX CCTV is now selling a rebranded Dahua turret camera. Anyone know if its indeed the starlight model?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Appears to be so... how much are they asking for it? ( need to login to see price )
[ update - looks like this maybe coax based system .. not IP PoE ]

Eyemax 1080P 4-in-1 Starlight True WDR IR Turret Camera with 2.8mm Lens
No rating
EIU-A2042-WSL28
> Starlight, 120dB true WDR, 3DNR > Max 30fps@1080P > HD and SD output switchable > 3.6mm fixed lens (2.8mm, 6mm optional) > Max. IR length 50m, Smart IR > IP67, DC12V

Eyemax Archives - UNIX CCTV

Last edited:

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

tWeEzY

n3wb
Reaction score
If only i could get this camera to play nice with a Hikvision smart event features, I'd be on it. By this I mean I want to hook this up through a Hikvision NVR POE and still have access to features such as Dahua trip wire, etc instead of only being able to use motion detection.

Last edited:

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does Dahua play the region game like Hikvision does when it comes to region and language firmware locks? Can I easily buy a Dahua off aliexpress and update the firmware without any thought?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Dahua play the region game like Hikvision does when it comes to region and language firmware locks? Can I easily buy a Dahua off aliexpress and update the firmware without any thought?
Just like hikvision you need to buy an international version....the camera in this thread is international...simple easy...or you can be cheap, save a few bux and buy yourself hours of headaches...up to you.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.