Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok...done...what should the "max rate" in BI be relative to your camera FPS?...I read somewhere 2fps greater than your cam fps? is that right?
the fps in bi auto adjusts...setting it does nothing..
also post a video of what you are seeing...if you have an SD card in the camera, check to see if the issue is present there..

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok...I also had read iframe should be set to double the fps in camera settings..but I should change all cams to be EQUAL TO fps?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cool..thanks! Did a test. No stutter. Wow. Thanks! That article that mentioned setting iframe double the FPS seems like bogus

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
cool..thanks! Did a test. No stutter. Wow. Thanks! That article that mentioned setting iframe double the FPS seems like bogus
at one time it was a solution for some issues...there have been changes as to how blue iris handles video..

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was that article for this camera with BI or some other product? I hope that bogus info isn’t in my “notes”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silvergate

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anyone here have problem with 5231r-z connecting to Qnap SS. I am tinkering this camera and I can see it during test but will not connect after being added to Surveillance station. i already tried setting the camera's video setting the same with SS settings but no luck. Tried ONVIF profile S and the same result.

The camera came with R14. Upgraded it to R16 did not help. I am in contact right now with Qnap about this issue. I hope someone will leave a feedback here if they have successfully connected this camera to qnap and please mention also which firmware are you using also please try if the ptz zoom toolbar is working (dont confuse it with digital zoom).

If there is another camera connected to CAM1 and I connect the 5231 to CAM2, it will connect but PTZ zoom is not working within SS. I tried the camera to Blue iris and a Dahua OEM NVR and camera is working perfectly.
So I am very sure QNAP surveillance station is the problem here.

One thing I dont like about qnap support is that they respond after a few days. I just hope qnap will work together with me to bring support to this awesome camera. Still I need some feedback from QNAP users here.

qwert106

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anyone here have problem with 5231r-z connecting to Qnap SS. I am tinkering this camera and I can see it during test but will not connect after being added to Surveillance station. i already tried setting the camera's video setting the same with SS settings but no luck. Tried ONVIF profile S and the same result.

The camera came with R14. Upgraded it to R16 did not help. I am in contact right now with Qnap about this issue. I hope someone will leave a feedback here if they have successfully connected this camera to qnap and please mention also which firmware are you using also please try if the ptz zoom toolbar is working (dont confuse it with digital zoom).

If there is another camera connected to CAM1 and I connect the 5231 to CAM2, it will connect but PTZ zoom is not working within SS. I tried the camera to Blue iris and a Dahua OEM NVR and camera is working perfectly.
So I am very sure QNAP surveillance station is the problem here.

One thing I dont like about qnap support is that they respond after a few days. I just hope qnap will work together with me to bring support to this awesome camera. Still I need some feedback from QNAP users here.
i have my cams running with 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06, it works without problems on my Qnap with SS 5.1.1.3.4, also motion detection is working (IVS not working with SS)

Silvergate

n3wb
Reaction score
i have my cams running with 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06, it works without problems on my Qnap with SS 5.1.1.3.4, also motion detection is working (IVS not working with SS)
Thanks for the feedback, Do you mind check if your ptz zoom and autofocus is working within SS. Click PTZ toolbar, do not enable digital zoom.

so far these are what I gathered. Please leave a feedback.

My Camera
Firmware: V2.460.0000.14.R.20170720
Working in SS: NO (will disconnect)
PTZ ZOOM in SS: NOT WORKING

johnnyletrois
Firmware: 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06
Working in SS: YES
PTZ ZOOM in SS: NOT WORKING

qwert106
Firmware: 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06
Working in SS: YES
PTZ ZOOM in SS: ?????

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. Mystery time. I have a 5231R-Z that's been installed for a week or so. It's working fine in BI. I just went to have a look at a few settings in the web interface and the camera doesn't respond. It isn't seen by PSS or the Dahua config tool. Any ideas anyone? I will power it down and back up, hopefully not lose it completely in the process.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Mystery time. I have a 5231R-Z that's been installed for a week or so. It's working fine in BI. I just went to have a look at a few settings in the web interface and the camera doesn't respond. It isn't seen by PSS or the Dahua config tool. Any ideas anyone? I will power it down and back up, hopefully not lose it completely in the process.
more likely you are using the wrong ip or port..

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using the same IP and port that BI is using, and monitoring, successfully with. Neither PSS or the config tool even "see" that the camera is on the network. I can ping the camera with no problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using the same IP and port that BI is using, and monitoring, successfully with. Neither PSS or the config tool even "see" that the camera is on the network. I can ping the camera with no problem.
restart your router...you should be loggin in at port 80 ...so not port number after the ip

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll try rebooting the router but I seriously doubt that will do anything. Everything else is working fine and it's a brandy new Ausus RT-AC68U. If it wasn't routing how would BI still be able to receive the video stream?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try rebooting the router but I seriously doubt that will do anything. Everything else is working fine and it's a brandy new Ausus RT-AC68U. If it wasn't routing how would BI still be able to receive the video stream?
I have never seen a camera stream but not respond with the web interface... something is wrong on your end...

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I just re-booted the router and nada. No response from the web interface, PSS shows "timeout" and config tool doesn't see it at all. BI just kept right on going even during the router re-boot.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, some "consistency" has cropped up. I had to re-boot my BI machine. Now it, too, doesn't see the 5231R-Z. Next step is re-boot the camera manually.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I re-booted the camera and everything is back to normal. It does have me scratching my head though. Hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.