Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI, this firmware is not applicable for IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M. I gave it several tries, all failed to apply.
Regards
FYI,
Andy did provide me with the correct NTSC firmware DH_IPC-HX4X3XF-Multi-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_V2.622.0000000.23.R.180330.bin. That firmware loads fine for my camera.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

I am thinking to add black color for the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, will be good or not? Because many guys ask for black cams. So i am thinking to get black one.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am ordering 2 each IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras from Andy today to replace my Longse camera that went tits up after 2 years. His Amazon store states IVS optional.. Not sure what that means or how I get it when ordering thru Amazon. I am glad we can use more than one function now as compared to the earlier models.. ..Thanks to everyone here who contributed to reviewing this camera and Andy's support. I enjoyed reading your posts for the last 2 days!..... My wife wants me to hook up a speaker to this camera so she can talk ( YELL ) at the kids outside. Can you guys walk me thru this?

Thanks

Eustace

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
His Amazon store states IVS optional.. Not sure what that means or how I get it when ordering thru Amazon
When you setup the camera, there's a section where you tell it you want to use IVS. Settings > Event > Smartplan, I think.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sipekey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I am very new to this forum and I am not too sure if I am posting this in the correct thread.

I just bought two cameras, DH-IPC-HD5231R-ZE from aliexpress and I have installed them. I am currently having issues with one of the camera as the top right and bottom left corners are blurry. I have tried focusing the cameras but still I can't get the whole image to be focused.

Can you please advise.

Thanks.

cam1 and cam2 comparison.JPG Cam2 image.JPG

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope I don't have issues like that. I just ordered 2 each..

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I just bought two cameras, DH-IPC-HD5231R-ZE from aliexpress and I have installed them. I am currently having issues with one of the camera as the top right and bottom left corners are blurry. I have tried focusing the cameras but still I can't get the whole image to be focused...
Although this is not his responsibility, perhaps @EMPIRETECANDY is able to suggest a silution...or the reason this malfunction is occurring.

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are there hikvision equivalent to those dahua starlight cameras in the $100 - 150 range?

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can these turret/dome cameras be installed sideway? or do you need a mount?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can these turret/dome cameras be installed sideway? or do you need a mount?
Whether or not you need a mount has a lot to do with how you plan to run the wires.

Most of mine are mounted sideways like below. I was able to drill a hole behind the camera and push both the Ethernet and power cables through so no mount was needed.

1C2ACA35-5F10-454B-B010-B4DBCBDEC0C8.jpeg

spaded21

n3wb
Reaction score
So the HDW5231R-ZE has replaced this model, correct? Why the change and is the new version better? Looks like it doesn't have the separate IR lights anymore (assuming that's what the two smaller circles are)? I have 3 of the Z version and I was looking to add one more, but wanted them to all be the same.

Last edited: