Dahua VTO2111D-WP Information and Hacking

Neshco

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure. It's POE, and im not sure if something like that exists? power is fed through the RJ45 port, through 803.11 spec.
Can I access somehow SD Card remotely (without removing/opening device)?

Thank You

moho

n3wb
Reaction score
It does make that voice 'calling now' and/or 'call was not answered' if you dont pick up - but they can be disabled in the options.

Mine is hardware disabled right now due to the zwave sensor I have added - the resistor I added doesnt allow the voice to be triggered which I like better.

I do not find the disable option for 'calling now' and/or 'call was not answered' voice in the options, could you please tell me, how to do it?

moho

n3wb
Reaction score
Please, does anybody know the solution, where in the options to turn off the "calling now..." speech...and my second question is, how to make it happen, that I can see and hear if somebody is ringing at the front door on my app, when I'm not home (over the internet), it is connected over PoE with own local IP.
I have Dahua cameras and NVR installed and everything is working fine with the apps.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Please, does anybody know the solution, where in the options to turn off the "calling now..." speech...and my second question is, how to make it happen, that I can see and hear if somebody is ringing at the front door on my app, when I'm not home (over the internet), it is connected over PoE with own local IP.
I have Dahua cameras and NVR installed and everything is working fine with the apps.
I don't know on how to disable the sound, but for the see if someone is in front of the VTO cam: add the VTO as an additional channel in your NVR, and add motion detection on top of it. This will, off course, only work if there is no street (eg passing vehicles) in front of your camera. Then your NVR can send push notifications to your app.

Hope this helps!

moho

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. The VTO is facing a road with some traffic...I managed to see the picture and to unlock through the app (it needs a scan of the SN and to connect it in the P2P option in the app, not the IP as the cameras). But still...how can I make it ringing on my phone, if someone press the button and I'm not at home? This option was actually the reason, why I bought the Dahua VTO.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. The VTO is facing a road with some traffic...I managed to see the picture and to unlock through the app (it needs a scan of the SN and to connect it in the P2P option in the app, not the IP as the cameras). But still...how can I make it ringing on my phone, if someone press the button and I'm not at home? This option was actually the reason, why I bought the Dahua VTO.
Hi, unfortunately, I've got a "basic" VTO2000A (see [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit), at one time, I did get a "ring" signal on my GSM, however I could not "pick up" the line. However with the VTH it did work. Then some updates came to the app, and out of the blue, it did work on my LAN (when I am home, that is). To make it work when being outside/abroad, I do have a VPN server in place, which helps the configuration of i/gDMSS plus: I did not use P2P or any other trick, I only configured it to connect to my local IP (VTO 10.10.x.x). So when NOT having the VPN tunnel open, I do receive a push notification that the button is pushed, however I cannot open the communication channel, as the VPN tunnel needs to be opened to reach the 10.10.x.x. It only takes 2 seconds to connect, and I'm still able to fetch the call.

So my question for you is: do you receive anything when being on the same LAN? If that's not working at all (no push nothing), I suspect a firewalling issue - although everybody here states that IPC's nor doorbells should reach out to the internet, at least port 2195 needs to be open to let the doorbell send a notification to your cell phone.

Thanks!

moho

n3wb
Reaction score
hello
I do have in my LAN and in the Internet (when I choose Live Preview) a live picture and I can open the lock and talk...it is just not ringing in the app, I can't find the option to enable push notification in my mobile device (OnePlus3).

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
hello
I do have in my LAN and in the Internet (when I choose Live Preview) a live picture and I can open the lock and talk...it is just not ringing in the app, I can't find the option to enable push notification in my mobile device (OnePlus3).
Do you have gDMSS Lite or the Plus version? Open it up, choose "door intercom", go to device manager, delete everything. Then re-add the cam by the LAN IP address. Try the live feed again. If that's ok, that's step 1. Then have a look in your router/firewall whether port 2195 is closed. If it is, it will not ring at all. Otherwise, open it up. That should fix your problem!

moho

n3wb
Reaction score
ok...It works now in my home network and in the internet :) ... I opened ports and voila...

Thank you, for being patient with me as noob :)

Ros

n3wb
Reaction score
ok...It works now in my home network and in the internet :) ... I opened ports and voila...

Thank you, for being patient with me as noob :)
Did you do port forwarding or port trigger?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you do port forwarding or port trigger?
Port 2195 for push notifications is an OUTBOUND connection. If push notifications are not working, this means that your NVR/IPC cannot reach the push notifications servers who are listening on port 2195. Port Forwarding means that your internet router is forwarding a port (eg 31337) on your WAN ip to a LAN ip. Port trigger is when someone knocks on port 31337, something else happens (eg opening port 22). Both are not the techniques you are looking for: if your router has a firewall which blocks internet access from NVR TO the internet, you need to open port 2195.

Good Luck!
CC

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not get a sense on whether this was ONVIF. Anyone have definitive info on that?

jamesdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone advise if you install an SD card to the camera, it will take a photo each time the button is pressed?

If in the event some one presses the door bell and I happen to miss the alert on my phone, I'd like to know who was actually there. Would be great if this can be viewed remotely?

The other option I could connect the LAN cable to my hikvision ds7608ni-i2/8p and hope I can get it to communicate by that and set the motion detection alerts.

Thanks

mifrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone advise if you install an SD card to the camera, it will take a photo each time the button is pressed?

If in the event some one presses the door bell and I happen to miss the alert on my phone, I'd like to know who was actually there. Would be great if this can be viewed remotely?

The other option I could connect the LAN cable to my hikvision ds7608ni-i2/8p and hope I can get it to communicate by that and set the motion detection alerts.

Thanks
My VTO2111 does not record anything on a SD card.

After inserting an SD card formatted in FAT32 and set up the VTO to use SD card instead FTP, it seems that the SD card is recognized since the following command lists the new storage location:

http://192.168.1.124/cgi-bin/storageDevice.cgi?action=factory.getCollect

list[0]=/dev/mmc0 (does not list anything if no SD car inserted)

Another post in the forum says that the firmware does not support recording on SD card yet... Note that I have the firmware General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_V3.000.0012000.0.R.20180731.bin

But even if it worked, it probably would not record a snapshot when the doorbell button is pushed but only when the call is answered! At least that is how my VTO does with the FTP storage. See Dahua VTO2111 notification to home automation system

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks catcamstar. Is it possible to plug the vto2111D directly into NVR4108-8P-4KS2
nvr and still have it work like a doorbell with iDMSS app and the VTH? Or do I need a Poe injector/switch to LAN?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks catcamstar. Is it possible to plug the vto2111D directly into NVR4108-8P-4KS2
nvr and still have it work like a doorbell with iDMSS app and the VTH? Or do I need a Poe injector/switch to LAN?
Hi @dudemaar, I do not have hands-on experience with the VTO2111D. With the VTO2000A, POE would only work with the required VTNS switch, plugging that VTO into an NVR did not work. So do check the specifications first.

Good luck!
CC

Ros

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there is any way to control or change settings for the infrared/night vision? Is there a way to have it constantly on during the night? I don't seem to find any settings for this and need help...