Dahua VTO2111D-WP Information and Hacking

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there is any way to control or change settings for the infrared/night vision? Is there a way to have it constantly on during the night? I don't seem to find any settings for this and need help...
I havent figured it out, either. Mine is dark at night.

Ros

n3wb
Reaction score
I havent figured it out, either. Mine is dark at night.
Are you running firmware V3.120.0012000.0.R.20180731 ? It used to work for me with the older firmware...
Do you know the meaning of the sensor value in local config>sensor ? What does it do?

Last edited:

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you running firmware V3.120.0012000.0.R.20180731 ? It used to work for me with the older firmware...
Do you know the meaning of the sensor value in local config>sensor ? What does it do?
No i'm on 4-4-2017 v1.000

WAY OLD but I'm afraid to update it and brick it.

Have you done a firmware update?

I do have that sensor value, mine is at 60, I've never touched it.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have "Day/Night Mode" menu in in System Config>Video Set ?

Yes. The update seems fine..., but see my question above

Yes with values Auto, colorful, and B/W.

Mine is set to auto but is dark at night. I just thought that this unit does not have IR on it. I dont see any red LED's at night on the camera so I figured I didnt. Changing the modes does not give me a nice IR night shot like my other dahua cameras.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have this menu at all... dont update)
Good to know, I wont update!

but either way, changing the value doesnt make the image any brighter - only makes your dark night image colorful or B/W.

Ros

n3wb
Reaction score
but either way, changing the value doesnt make the image any brighter - only makes your dark night image colorful or B/W.
Try picking up the phone i.e. opening the audio connection to VTO - see if the IR turns on.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try picking up the phone i.e. opening the audio connection to VTO - see if the IR turns on.
Finally got around to this...

Yes, there is IR! It only turns on when the IDMSS app has the camera selected, though! Is there a way to use IR at night 'always on'?

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
It will work to activate a wired bell or a wireless zwave sensor/zwave chime through a home automation hub but you need to 'hack' the unit using these instructions (it doesnt have a chime/bell feature or connection by default):

Hacking Dahua Video Intercom VTO2111D-WP to add a ding dong bell
I would be interested in adding an external bell to the Intercom, as if i'm outdoor sometimes i can't hear internal unit ringing, on the hacking page there is no picture of the wiring, could somebody tell me where i could find it? Thanks in advance.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would be interested in adding an external bell to the Intercom, as if i'm outdoor sometimes i can't hear internal unit ringing, on the hacking page there is no picture of the wiring, could somebody tell me where i could find it? Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately there is no 'diagram', I didnt make one either. I used a circuit play board to mess with resistors and etc like in the photos from the link above. In the photos of the hacking tutorial you can kind of see what resistor goes where.

I did this almost 2 years ago as well so i dont remember much.

Olivier57

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to find a list of url/cgi-bin commands available or protocol to communicate with VTO2111D-WP with a C# software

Thanks for your help,

Olivier

Pat D

n3wb
Reaction score
Have this set up and experiencing quite a lag with the audio, about 2 to 3 seconds when answering from a push of the door bell button. Have had a look through settings and played with resolution and formats but can't seem to get it right.

Anyone have or had a similar issue and resolved it or have any suggestions on how to rectify?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Have this set up and experiencing quite a lag with the audio, about 2 to 3 seconds when answering from a push of the door bell button. Have had a look through settings and played with resolution and formats but can't seem to get it right.

Anyone have or had a similar issue and resolved it or have any suggestions on how to rectify?
Can you please explain a bit your network topology and how you are "watching" the feed when lagging (eg VPN over 4g through wifi router towards VTO)?
Thanks,
CC

Pat D

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you please explain a bit your network topology and how you are "watching" the feed when lagging (eg VPN over 4g through wifi router towards VTO)?
Set up is router>Poe injector>vto with static ip

Lag is observed on iOS and Android phones on LAN and 4g.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Set up is router>Poe injector>vto with static ip

Lag is observed on iOS and Android phones on LAN and 4g.
Does your router show "statistics" on bandwidth on eth port to your VTO? In SmartPSS, you can view the footage of your VTO with bandwidth consumption too. If you already see "crippled" footage, I think you might have a wiring issue.

Good luck!
CC

Pat D

n3wb
Reaction score
I have taken the vto from the premises back home with me to test. The other issue I had was extremely slow loading or no connection to the web service page, but is now working fine at my place.

I will fit it back and take my laptop to see if I get better communication with that on site to rule out the local router and/or wiring.

It is a Technicolor router on site which I really don't like, wondering if that could be slowing it down.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Debugging is "one step every time", so indeed, switch that router to a single switch, and try if it is the point-to-point UTP wiring. If OK, then it's the router. Simple!
Good luck!
CC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for help to install my new Dahua Doorbell VTO 2111D-WP. It is connected in ethernet to my livebox but I can't manage to initialize it. Error message is : "failure to search device". I tried to reset it several times. I tried to connect with iDMSS with iPhone connected to Wi-Fi from this same box. On the network device management of my box on my PC the VTO is not detected either. The ethernet port on my box flashes with green light which means that trafic is on the line but the orange light is off which means the connection is not working.
Another precision : the VTO is next to my garden door about 15 meters from my house so I need ethernet connection as the Wi Fi won't be strong enough to connect the VTO.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for help to install my new Dahua Doorbell VTO 2111D-WP. It is connected in ethernet to my livebox but I can't manage to initialize it. Error message is : "failure to search device". I tried to reset it several times. I tried to connect with iDMSS with iPhone connected to Wi-Fi from this same box. On the network device management of my box on my PC the VTO is not detected either. The ethernet port on my box flashes with green light which means that trafic is on the line but the orange light is off which means the connection is not working.
Another precision : the VTO is next to my garden door about 15 meters from my house so I need ethernet connection as the Wi Fi won't be strong enough to connect the VTO.
Thank you!
We found one part of the solution : the Serial Number and QR Code on the device was the wrong one! Auto-detect corrected the mistake.
BUT
We didn't manage to make the device ring... We can access the camera, speak and hear but when someone ring nothing happens....
Someone has an idea?
My device is too far from the box to access Wi-Fi : is this the problem?
Thank you so much for answers