Dahua VTO2111D-WP Information and Hacking

mifrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there is any way to control or change settings for the infrared/night vision? Is there a way to have it constantly on during the night? I don't seem to find any settings for this and need help...
As said in a previous post, the IR led is only ON during a call. Digging a bit in https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/Amcrest+HTTP+API+3.2017.pdf I tried the following:

http://192.168.1.124/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting

Response when not in a call (IR light OFF): table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off
Response during a call (IR light ON): table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=SmartLight

Unfortunately, the command below does not turn the IR ON.

http://192.168.1.124/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=SmartLight

However, during a call the command below turn off the IR for a couple a seconds, then it turns back ON automatically.

http://192.168.1.124/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off

It looks like the device firmware overwrites the commands.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
FInally! Someone who mounted a doorbell video camera that points parallel to the front door on a side wall instead of the same wall the door is on. I was always wondering how that would work out. My doorbell is not on the same wall as the door. I installed a wedge cam and you can see the location of it below and what it sees. I was just wonder who else had a similar situation.

FrontDoor 1000.jpg

Doorbell 1000.jpg

Last edited:

andy tren

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new member, I'm interesting about DHI-VTO2111D-WP, I'm wondering, I would like want to know, Annke NVR have back panel PoE port as same 802.3af, what possible doorbell PoE connect straight to NVR PoE port will work show camera? if so need parameter setting ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new member, I'm interesting about DHI-VTO2111D-WP, I'm wondering, I would like want to know, Annke NVR have back panel PoE port as same 802.3af, what possible doorbell PoE connect straight to NVR PoE port will work show camera? if so need parameter setting ?
I don't have this VTO, but from Dahua Wiki I deduct that if your NVR provides 802.3af, it should work.

But keep in mind that for recording footage, this should work, however keep in mind that for push notifications, your nvr must allow outbound communications which I doubt it will. To be tested.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
All right, I got it, thanks for your inform, ok I will try test when I order doorbell, and other doorbell I not know name brand, show link HD WiFi Video Doorbell Motion Detect 2MP IR CUT 2.4GHz RJ45 POE Full Duplex | eBay

What do you think? that have onvif for easy use NVR, not surely, thanks.
ONVIF compatible is always a plus. And staying away from proprietary applications and strange P2P stuff that makes both your network insecure, and limits connectivity to your NVR.

Good luck!
CC

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a new VTO2111D-WP, and am tying to set it up.
So far:
  • I can access via ConfigTool
  • I can access it through the Web browser by IP
  • I can add it as door bell on iDMSS Plus app and can talk and view

I want to:
1. be able to add it to my NVR (I have 8 channel Dahua with my 5 other cameras). They are on the same switch and subnet, but I can't seem to add it to the NVR - I tried both as Private and ONvif, but it doesn't seem to connect (it has the red X at the bottom). What am I missing?
2. Be able to use my existing (currently installed door chime)
3. I have a Smart Things hub that controls a smart lock. I want to be able to unlock the door from my idmms app.
4. If I press the ring button on the doorbell, it doesn't ring on my app. How do I configure this in the settings of the doorbell?

Thanks for you help

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I want to:
1. be able to add it to my NVR (I have 8 channel Dahua with my 5 other cameras). They are on the same switch and subnet, but I can't seem to add it to the NVR - I tried both as Private and ONvif, but it doesn't seem to connect (it has the red X at the bottom). What am I missing?
2. Be able to use my existing (currently installed door chime)
3. I have a Smart Things hub that controls a smart lock. I want to be able to unlock the door from my idmms app.
4. If I press the ring button on the doorbell, it doesn't ring on my app. How do I configure this in the settings of the doorbell?
1. If you try to manually "add device", it will be a struggle. What worked with me was to simply "search device" for the IP address, if the NVR does see it, simply add (with the login password). Do not change any setting (like MD/IVS/stream settings) as your NVR is not compatible with the VTO and will mess it up. Factory reset is the only way out of the VTO.
2. Do you have a VTH screen? Some of them have relais outputs for chimes
3. I'm unsure about your VTO, but my VTO2000A does also have relais output to open electric fences/gates, which works like a charm on the iDMSS app
4. there are many ways to achieve, but my setup (with a VTH) does work like a charm. Others succeeded by installing a SIP firmware on their VTO and let that "ring" your device.

Good luck!
CC

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
1. I will give it a try.
2. No VTH. It will replace my current doorbell, so I was hoping I would be able to wire it somehow. I saw a hack somewhere, but it involved using the WiFi, not the POE.
3. I was thinking more something like when I press the unlock button, it would walk to my Samsung hub, which would unlock the door. It would save me from opening the Samsung app and unlocking it from there.
4. No VTH here. I thought it was supposed to work with this model through cloud notification to the all? I read someone doing a port forwarding, but this doesn’t make sense to me(especially if I am outside).

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
Update on:
1. I reset to default, searched and found on the default IP (.110) as Private on port 37777, and still cannot add it?????? I can add it as camera on port 37777 from my idmss app and is working great from the app.
4. I fixed it by adding subscription as per Dahua Wiki

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Update on:
1. I reset to default, searched and found on the default IP (.110) as Private on port 37777, and still cannot add it?????? I can add it as camera on port 37777 from my idmss app and is working great from the app.
4. I fixed it by adding subscription as per Dahua Wiki
Good you fixed 4. For 3. above, there was this forum guy who wrote an interface which queries the "latest" logs on the VTO to detect a ring. You still got a "delay" (because you are not instantly checking the logs). I cannot find it quickly (I searched for VTO API), but you might be luckier to find it.

For 1: I checked on my NVR: my VTO is on port 37777, admin user and pasword, Private protocol, channel 1 and remote channel 0. Decoder buffer on default. If you look on your webinterface, which color of lightbulb you get in "Status" column?

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
Good you fixed 4. For 3. above, there was this forum guy who wrote an interface which queries the "latest" logs on the VTO to detect a ring. You still got a "delay" (because you are not instantly checking the logs). I cannot find it quickly (I searched for VTO API), but you might be luckier to find it.

For 1: I checked on my NVR: my VTO is on port 37777, admin user and pasword, Private protocol, channel 1 and remote channel 0. Decoder buffer on default. If you look on your webinterface, which color of lightbulb you get in "Status" column?
Exactly what I have - I can find it, add it, but it never turns green. I even created a second user account to test with - no go :(

At the same time I have no problem with the Config tool and idmss app as IP cam

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG ...

WTH?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly what I have - I can find it, add it, but it never turns green. I even created a second user account to test with - no go :(
WTH?
Just a hunch, you created a "new" account (Operator), but what about the default "admin/admin"
Also, you seem to be still on v3 firmware of your NVR, I'm on v4, maybe that changed something to this integration?

Hope this helps!
CC

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Somebody knows howto change the iframe interval and decoding options i dont have these in the new sip firmware

jamesdt

n3wb
Reaction score
does anyone know which contact sensor or zwave sensor is most suitable to use with this camera? I'm looking to hack it and add a routine on our amazon alexa devices to play a bell/ring sound when the trigger comes from the door bell button being pressed.
Option 2 is to add the hardwire bell like other users have done but my first preference is a low voltage contact/trigger sensor that that will work.

The dahua app is not consistent enough at sending the alerts to our mobiles and tablets, often we are missing the front door when we are home.

Thanks!

jamesdt

n3wb
Reaction score
would this be suitable

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
does anyone know which contact sensor or zwave sensor is most suitable to use with this camera? I'm looking to hack it and add a routine on our amazon alexa devices to play a bell/ring sound when the trigger comes from the door bell button being pressed.
Option 2 is to add the hardwire bell like other users have done but my first preference is a low voltage contact/trigger sensor that that will work.

The dahua app is not consistent enough at sending the alerts to our mobiles and tablets, often we are missing the front door when we are home.

Thanks!
this is the one I use:
It has two manually wireable terminals which can trigger the sensor and those two terminals are what works with the cameras harness

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jamesdt

n3wb
Reaction score
this is the one I use:
It has two manually wireable terminals which can trigger the sensor and those two terminals are what works with the cameras harness
Thanks for the prompt reply. Its now got me thinking as I don't have a z wave hub currently. I wonder if it would be possible to use a Tuya wifi door switch so i don't require a hub. I see others have opened these up before to modify and add their own external wires / switch to activate the contact.

I recall you using a PN2222 transistor with the base connected to a 220k resistor, a diode, and then you soldered a wire from the end of the diode to the top right corner of the push button pcb.

Did you solder wires to each of the other transistor terminals to the contact wires on on the ecolink switch you used? I'm hoping i can replicate the same on the Tuya wifi door switch in the attached photos.

Thanks again

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply. Its now got me thinking as I don't have a z wave hub currently. I wonder if it would be possible to use a Tuya wifi door switch so i don't require a hub. I see others have opened these up before to modify and add their own external wires / switch to activate the contact.

I recall you using a PN2222 transistor with the base connected to a 220k resistor, a diode, and then you soldered a wire from the end of the diode to the top right corner of the push button pcb.

Did you solder wires to each of the other transistor terminals to the contact wires on on the ecolink switch you used? I'm hoping i can replicate the same on the Tuya wifi door switch in the attached photos.

Thanks again
you can activate anything so long as it has the same ability as the zwave switch.

Sorry I dont recall anything about the wiring I did as it’s been years and I only did it once. I believe I typed out most of it in this thread though.