DS-2CD2032F-I - firmware

ddasty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair .
I've bought (second hand) 2 ipcam DS-2cd2032FI with 5.30 firmware . Camera's are china version and have in the serial number CH "code"
I followed al lot of post in this forum but i dont understand well if is possible to update firm of these camera .
I have issue of reset ip address and send mail via Gmail .

Br , Sandro

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
China version cameras will generally 'brick' when updated with firmware 5.3.0 or higher.
But if the 'enhanced mtd hack' is done, it will change the camera to being fully updateable.

Wyzard

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair .
I've bought (second hand) 2 ipcam DS-2cd2032FI with 5.30 firmware . Camera's are china version and have in the serial number CH "code"
I followed al lot of post in this forum but i dont understand well if is possible to update firm of these camera .
I have issue of reset ip address and send mail via Gmail .

Br , Sandro
Hello Sandro,

I have the same type of camera. With Alastair's instructions I was able to update it to 5.4.5.

ddasty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hy guys
I'm little confused because as say Alastairs's instruction , start point is :
"When running firmware 5.2.5 extract a copy of mtdblock6
Do not do this with newer firmware - another Hikvision nasty trick :"
I mean new firmware could be 5.30 ?

Br , Sandro

Wyzard

n3wb
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do not do this with newer firmware - another Hikvision nasty trick :"
I mean new firmware could be 5.30 ?
I was using 5.3.0 when I got hit by this nasty trap, that's why I'm suggesting using 5.2.5 it's always worked ok.

ddasty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I've just downgraded (after some fight with firewall and right version of digicap) to 5.25 even if is in china language ... Is it right ?
Now what can i do for update to the latest fw ?

Br , Sandro

ddasty

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeahhh @ 03.12 of Saturday morning i have hacked my first Hiki cam ! Now i have firmware in Italian and updated to latest (5.45).
Many thanks to the forum and people have fun to share information .

Br, Sandro

Reaction score
Hi
Can someone please help me I have DS-2CD2032F-I camera running on 5.3.0. the WEB GUI is in english. Do I need to downgrade to 5.2.5 before upgrading to 5.4.5. Can someone please give me a high level process and pointer to the threads where each of the steps are described in details.

The basic information reported from the web gui are:

Device Name IP CAMERA
Device No. 88
Model DS-2CD2032F-I
Serial No. DS-2CD2032F-I20151114CCCH553769791
Firmware Version V5.3.0 build 150814
Encoding Version V5.0 build 150327
Number of Channels 1
Number of HDDs 0
Number of Alarm Input 0
Number of Alarm Output 0

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson

Thanks a lot for a quick response, the link is very useful but I have following queries to ensure I understand the correct course of action, before embarking on the journey.

1) Its a China region camera on version 5.3 but the Web UI is in English. So, do I still need to downgrade to v5.2.5, before I can upgrade? And please confirm that I have to use brickfixv2EN.dav and not brickfixv2CN.dav.

2) Whatever I try the telnet server just initialises but nothing happens irrespective of how many time I reboot the camera. What else do I need to do?

3) As the camera is on firmware 5.3, on which the default ip range has changed from 192.0.0.x to 192.168.1.x, Do I still change both the PC and the camera to 192.0.0.128 and 192.0.0.64?

4) Do I need to set the camera to any default username / password or it does not matter?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So, do I still need to downgrade to v5.2.5, before I can upgrade?
Not with the brickfixv2 method - you should be able to do a normal web GUI update as the brickfixv2 install initial step.
And please confirm that I have to use brickfixv2EN.dav and not brickfixv2CN.dav.
Whichever one doesn't give a 'language mismatch'. It all depends on how the camera has been 'hacked to English'.
Whatever I try the telnet server just initialises but nothing happens irrespective of how many time I reboot the camera. What else do I need to do?
This is only required once you have run the brickfixv2 update - a result of doing that is to provide telnet access.
As the camera is on firmware 5.3, on which the default ip range has changed from 192.0.0.x to 192.168.1.x, Do I still change both the PC and the camera to 192.0.0.128 and 192.0.0.64?
I does not matter what the original IP address is - but once you have done the brickfixv2 install and the camera has rebooted into 'min-system' mode, the PC IP address must be set to 192.0.0.128
Do I need to set the camera to any default username / password or it does not matter?
It does not matter.

This is all in the step-by-step guide, and shown in the video. You just need to follow it.

Reaction score
Thank you Alastair
All worked like a charm. Now I am on 5.4.5.
However the camera stream cannot be viewed in Chrome. I was hoping the new firmware would fix the playback issue.

Reaction score
Will this process also work on DS-2CD3145F-IS. The camera is on V5.3.8 build 160108? and if it does what would be the devtype value? its not in your instruction.