DS-2CD2032F-I - firmware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However the camera stream cannot be viewed in Chrome
That's because the webcomponents plugin is not allowed in Chrome.
This was changed quite a while back.
There are various solutions - a forum Search will show them.

Jordan74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ! My bullet _DS-2CD2032F-I_ for some months has no longer recording on the MicroSD card... I think it depends on the microSD reader... I am not a technician but I am quite expert because I have been using hikvision cameras for many years. The motion detection works correctly because i receive alerts ,But when I check playback , it says : no recorded history found... This bullet camera has always worked correctly now it is a few months that no longer works is there any way to repair it?? Do u think with a firmware update can solve this problem??if yes someone would be so kind post for me link for dwlnd good firmware t'ha works..?what do you think could be the problem? if the MicroSD reader is damaged, can it be repaired? I have already dismantled it all and I used a specific spray to remove any oxidation in all the electrical contacts ... I cleaned the circuits well But the camera always has the same problem ... I don't want to buy a new one I would like to try to repair this are there any solutions ? Thanks so Much!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The motion detection works correctly because i receive alerts ,But when I check playback , it says : no recorded history found...
You haven't said if you've tried another SD card.
They do wear out and fail over time when used to record video in an IP camera.

Do u think with a firmware update can solve this problem??
Unless you did a firmware update that caused the problem, it's not likely that a firmware update will solve the problem.

Also, on an update there is a chance to 'brick' the camera if it is a Chinese camera.
What is the existing firmware version and does the serial number have the letters CCCH in it?
When you bought the camera, was it stated that it was an updatable model?

Jordan74

n3wb
Reaction score
first of all thanks for your quick reply, then as regards the micro ssd memory I used a samsung Samsung MB-MP32D / EU MicroSD HC EVO 32gb card until a few months ago it worked correctly ... of course I tried to change card I have also inserted a Toshiba 64GB Exceria M301 MicroSD Card SDXC but nothing with neither. The camera has original firmware comes from England serial number: DS-2CD2032F-I20150821CCWR535895019.
FW version V5.3.0 build 150513
Encoder version V5.0 build 150327
I seem to remember that when I purchased this bullett, the firmware was upgradeable ....
I have never done any firmware upgrade is completely original

Click on the image for an extended view

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That serial number suggests it is an English updatable device, with quite old firmware.

When you tried the new SD card did you try a format via the camera.

Jordan74

n3wb
Reaction score
Certainly Not only I tried to format the SD card through the camera and also through the Ezviz application ... I did factory reset, and I have done a couple of times camera reset from the general configuration via IP Browser ... But nothing has changed The camera works perfectly I get push messages Of movements But it doesn't record anything ... I tried to review the configurations From satap tool Directly from the browser If there was something Wrong I don't know what you can advise me about it.. Initially I thought it was a problem of communication with EZViZ, but I don't see the playback Not even from the browser... this I think means that the camera does not actually do its job of recording or reading , I say this because in my opinion the movements are recorded. .. Because I checked the SD card in the PC I seemed to see that some video files were recorded that I viewed with VLC player .... then it could only be reading and not writing? another strange thing that I noticed that ... after formatting the micro SD via IP browser of the camera like your advice, and one time i've done it also from the PC....... the micro SD card it was not actually formatted because I saw some old movie data...

When you tried the new SD card did you try a format via the camera.

The only doubt that could come to me I have not tried a new micro SD to format Because the one I tried belongs from another camera And it was a test just to check if it worked with another SD

It could depend from micro SD I don't know what to think anymore I have another non-upgradable Chinese firmware hikvision dome camera, purchased from China .... I never had a problem!

lebije

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new on this forum and with a small experience in IT.
I've 2 x HIKVISION DS-2CD2032F-I version 5.2.5 that have stopped to respond partialy.
Partialy because they both are getting an IP adress and one of them is still sending me pictures on alerts.
From your Forum, I understand that they are Chineese (yes I knew it as I bought them on Aliexpress) and that an upgrade via Hikvision is not possible.

So I try to use your tool in order :
-To change the Chinese code into US
- To upgrade them.

I tried to connect the cam directly to my laptop via RJ45, I changed my ip adress to 192.0.0.128 and run the TFTPserv.
But nothing is showing on TFTP, apparently no connection with the Cam.

What do you suggest me to do ?

Tx - Benoit

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to connect the cam directly to my laptop via RJ45, I changed my ip adress to 192.0.0.128 and run the TFTPserv.
The Hikvision tftp updater (as required in the first step) doesn't work reliably on a direct connection between camera and PC.
Best to wire both to a switch or router.
And it also works best with a 12v external supply as opposed to using PoE.

But nothing is showing on TFTP,
What IP address does it show it initiallised on?

lebije

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hikvision tftp updater (as required in the first step) doesn't work reliably on a direct connection between camera and PC.

So what should I do ?

Tx Benoit

lebije

n3wb
Reaction score
It's done through the switch
I've got the following message on the TFTP

tftp server (192.0.0.128) initialized
device 192.0.0.64) test tftpserver

and then nothing happen...

on the brickV2, i've 2 dav file, 1 chinese and 1 us. i suppose that i need to use only 1, right ?

any idea ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that's some progress.
But the tftp updater has not yet had a connection, or downloaded a file.
Try temporarily disabling the Windows firewall.

lebije

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Alastair,

I did manage the upgrade on the 1st cam
The device is now a DS-2CD-Min-System with another sn 0120151014CCRR77649143
It is recognized by SADP tool as a firmware V 4.0.8 build 1309...
I can change the IP adress, subnet mask & gateway. I can't change the HTTP port .
Also, I can't acces the Cam through his IP adress.

What should I do to access the cam ?

Tx for your help

Benoit

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It is recognized by SADP tool as a firmware V 4.0.8 build 1309..
That's the 'min-system recovery mode'
It's a basic system with no web services, that's entered when the normal full bootup isn't possible.

I did manage the upgrade on the 1st cam
What exactly did you do to the camera?

If you followed the brickfixV2 method, post the fixuplog.txt file and the mtd6ro_orig and mtd6ro_mod and I will check them for you.

If you got to Stage 3 - what firmware did you then use?
If it was 5.4.41 then it's too large a change. The camera configuration data will be corrupted.
At Stage 3 the latest firmware that can be used reliably is 5.4.5

lebije

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the 'min-system recovery mode'
It's a basic system with no web services, that's entered when the normal full bootup isn't possible.

What exactly did you do to the camera?

If you followed the brickfixV2 method, post the fixuplog.txt file and the mtd6ro_orig and mtd6ro_mod and I will check them for you.

If you got to Stage 3 - what firmware did you then use?
If it was 5.4.41 then it's too large a change. The camera configuration data will be corrupted.
At Stage 3 the latest firmware that can be used reliably is 5.4.5

I put the BrickfixV2 firmware(the EN one) into the TFTP directory and I rename it digicap.dav
I start the TFTP and the upgrde was done
Is there different BrickfixV2 firmware for different Hik Cam ?

Tx - Benoit