DS-2CD2135F-IS not connecting to DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR

Paul Lewis

n3wb
Reaction score
It will be fine through the existing network, don't connect directly, that will likely cause additional complications with addressing.
But the PC and camera do need to be on the same IP address segment.
What IP address shows in SADP and what IP address is your PC set to?
The camera is 192.168.1.64 and my local ip is 192.168.0.5. I have tried changing my ip to 192.168.1.66 and connected both camera and computer with cat6 cable to the router . Still couldn't connect to the camera ...used 192.168.1.64:8000 just times out driving me mad !

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to use port 80, just use the ip address. The easy way to this is with a £7 desktop switch, as said above first the camera must be activated. This done by giving the camera a strong password.
Make sure your pc ip is set to 192.168.1.x subnet mask 255.255.255.0 (a lot of places change the mask).
Connect both to the switch, using Firefox goto 192.168.1.64
That's it's just add the password at the prompt.

You in the city doing this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
...used 192.168.1.64:8000 just times out driving me mad !
As @whoslooking suggests - port 8000 is the 'media port' and has nothing to do with the web GUI, it's for other purposes.
With your PC IP address set to 192.168.1.66 you should be able to access the camera web GUI with this address in your browser: http://192.168.1.64
That should be all you need.
Then you'll need to go through the 'activation' dialogue to create a strong password. Which you will need to document in a safe place.

Last edited by a moderator:

frop

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought these cameras from eBay (DS-2CD2135F-IS). The Chinese seller told me it would work on my NVR (7608NI) only if it was updated to firmware 5.3.3 or higher (the ebay description said it wouldn't work on multi-language box). I am having a bunch of trouble connecting these through the NVR or seeing it on iVMS-4200. I just ordered a poe ethernet switch to attempt to plug the laptop and cam directly on the same switch instead of working through the NVR. I read above in this thread and tried to change the NVR to pick up 192.168.254.1 on hikvision with the password 123456789abc (since ebay seller had that password in the description). Nothing is working. Do i need to change the IP or something since they said the default is 192.168.1.64? I am a networking novice.

Thanks

frop

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspect that what you are seeing there is the IP address assigned to the NVR PoE port.
A suggestion to try:
Pick one of the PoE ports, note down the IP address currently assigned, change the mode to 'Manual' instead of Plug&Play.
Plug the camera into the LAN again, and with SADP change the IP address to that of the PoE port you picked above, with default gateway=192.168.254.1
Plug the camera into that PoE port.
On the NVR PoE port camera configuration, use 'Modify' to ensure the IP address is as it was originally, as was set on the camera.
The protocol=Hikvision, the port=8000, the username and password are as you used when the camera was on the LAN.
Click OK and check Live View to see if the camera now shows.
Good luck!
dude... I have been struggling with this thing for a while. Then finally I think I understand.... The nvr sets all its own ip to 192.168.254.** so default is 192.168.254.1 then the ip is one the box shows as unused. I got the box to connect over my router to the camera but not directly from the box, but finally I did it! Same cameras too, DS-2CD2135F-IS to same DS-7608NI-E2/8P

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for getting there! Yes, it can be a bit confusing when there is more than one network in play.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone with this cam post any sample images? It's on Newegg for $86

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone with this cam post any sample images? It's on Newegg for $86
You dont want a dome camera...you will likely have ir reflection issues....
Also note that newegg is not the seller, its a third party.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have a DS-2CD2135F-IS V5.33 camera and a DS-7108N-SN/P NVR. I am having the exact issues that ex-r-wagon is having. I can connect via SADP and directly to the camera for live video with the PC browser, but not the NVR. I first noticed that the password is different than every other HIKVISION camera and FORCES you to have a complex password. The issue is the NVR won't allow you to enter anything but numbers for the password. I assume this incompatibility is causing some of my problems.
I has the same with a Chinese Dome camera I bought, what I did was factory reset it and it then connected to the POE port via Plug and Play. Before that it complained that the password supplied with the camera, admin123, was not secure enough. It would let me change it, but then moaned that the IP address was wrong.