DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got notice that my camera will be here by the end of the day tomorrow 5/18/17. Pretty fast shipping. By the way this is a bullet style camera so it should be a direct replacement for the one it is replacing which is a 2032 3MP/4mm.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you can that would be good. The one that is doing it switches to night mode/ IR for about 10 minutes before my outdoor lighting comes on. As soon as the lights come on it switches back to day and stops alarming. The other camera has enough street lighting that it stays in day mode. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity down and it still does it. The only other thing I'm wondering is if some IR reflection might be the problem?
Had the tampering altering on for a couple of evenings now and not had an alert from it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had the tampering altering on for a couple of evenings now and not had an alert from it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Okay, thanks for the update. It's not a big problem and I think has a lot to do with the mounting location and IR reflecting off the house eaves.

Now I've got my 2335 focused I'll have to re align the Dahua Starlight and do another comparison.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can that would be good. The one that is doing it switches to night mode/ IR for about 10 minutes before my outdoor lighting comes on. As soon as the lights come on it switches back to day and stops alarming. The other camera has enough street lighting that it stays in day mode. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity down and it still does it. The only other thing I'm wondering is if some IR reflection might be the problem?
I never have tampering set. Only invites false alrams. Lost signal yes, but not tampering. Considering not enabling that and save the headache.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I never have tampering set. Only invites false alrams. Lost signal yes, but not tampering. Considering not enabling that and save the headache.
I don't think this is about false alarms it's more around the fact the Image flashes that then triggers the Tampering alerting.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Parley, so there's a setting in the NVR web page for the ratio format of the Liveview, which also seems to do the playback ratio. You can set "Auto Fill" (current setting that stretches it), 16:9 or 4:3. So I can have 4:3 and get two cameras right, 16:9 and the others okay and "Auto Fill" might as well just be called 16:9- that's basically what it seems to do! I need to check what effect it has on the NVR HDMI output now that I've left it in 4:3. I haven't found any settings on the NVR itself.

Some good news the DS-2CD2335FWD-I 3MP Ultra Low Light 6mm seems to have good focus across the lens. Some screen captures below- night shots as normal but with a wet road and some low cloud. I need to check settings and see what bit rate is best:

6mm day

6mm at night- set auto switch to night and IR if lights fail

The 4mm has been moved and works very well in it's new position.

Previous Hik DS-2CD2342FWD-I 4MP 2.8mm at night other end of house (1/25th locked in colour, 10 Watt LED flood light from above.)

Same conditions with DS-2CD2335WFD-I 3MP 4mm Ultra Low Light - set to auto day/ night 1/25th

DS-2CD2335WFD-I 3MP 4mm Ultra Low Light day time

DS-2CD2335WFD-I 3MP 4mm Ultra Low Light with all LED floods lights off, auto switched to night with inbuilt IR on.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z 2MP Starlight re-aimed and zoomed in a bit closer to cover the car. Pushing it's limits in colour and the IR just washes out big time (still in same location under eaves.)
@triumph202 On another thread you mentioned that the 2342 clarity is better than the 2335 camera. You posted only one daylight picture of the 2335 but not of the 2342. Could you post a daylight comparison between the 2342 and the 2335? I have the 2342 but unfortunately it is no longer available and I am forced to choose between the 2335 (3MPixel ultra low light) and the 2355 (5Mpixel, non low light). Your picture of your garden with 2335 is very clear (especially the brown gravel).

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have noticed that on my Low Light DS-2CD2025FWD-I bullet camera the mounting plate is a little larger than the 2032 camera that it is replacing. So I will have to drill two new holes as I can reuse one of them. No big deal. I am looking forward to the results. So the 2mm low light cameras are available in the bullet style.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok here are the daytime photos. Not much difference except the aspect ratio. Left photo is original and the right photo is the new Low Light 2MP/4MM. I will post the night time photos this evening which is the reason for the swap. Looking at the width of the photo it looks like could have gone to a 6MM camera in this location.

Attachments

Last edited:

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@triumph202 On another thread you mentioned that the 2342 clarity is better than the 2335 camera. You posted only one daylight picture of the 2335 but not of the 2342. Could you post a daylight comparison between the 2342 and the 2335? I have the 2342 but unfortunately it is no longer available and I am forced to choose between the 2335 (3MPixel ultra low light) and the 2355 (5Mpixel, non low light). Your picture of your garden with 2335 is very clear (especially the brown gravel).
I no longer have a 2342 and 2335 mounted in the same location for direct comparison, but there is a difference between my cameras in daytime. (Don't forget I'm using a 55" 4k TV to view the video via the 4k output from my NVR.) I also had poor focus issues with my 2335 6mm and my 4mm seems a bit soft on the LHS of the image. My four 2342 cameras seem to have better optics and focus. At night the 2335 is far superior, but if you're using IR then the 2342 won't be such a disadvantage. You do get H265 with the 2335 - if your system can utilise that?

PS: Who told you the 2342 is no longer available? Shop DS-2CD2342WD-I online Gallery - Buy DS-2CD2342WD-I for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I have some night pictures available. Quite the difference with the new Low Light camera being the top picture. I like the result. Quite the upgrade and time to order another camera for this month. I will continue to slowly replace my cameras with the new Low Light versions. By the way on the bottom picture left it looks like an insect has landed.

New Camera #1 Night.jpg Old Camera #1 Night.jpg

Last edited:

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Parley, judging by the shadows you have some decent street lighting across the yard. You should try the 2335 locked in colour/ day mode (or change the sensitivity to 7 and it might automatically stay in Day.)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I might do that. I have a camera out front that I want to replace as a higher priority. Right now it is a Hikvision turret 4MP/4MM. I am debating whether or not to stick with a 4MP and go with a 6MM lens or a 2MP or 3MP. Decisions, decisions.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
For the front camera that I am replacing I decided to order the DS-2CD2335FWD-i in 6mm. The older one is 4MP/4MM. So the new low light camera will be 2MP/6MM.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Parley, judging by the shadows you have some decent street lighting across the yard. You should try the 2335 locked in colour/ day mode (or change the sensitivity to 7 and it might automatically stay in Day.)
I forgot to say that some of that extra light is from the IR on other cameras in the back yard. Especially the grass right in front of the camera and also the far left wall.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being a distributor of HIK does not mean that you can import and distribute in your area of commercial responsibility whatever you like. In my area (South Europe) HIK decided to push specific models to distributors.
I've come across the same thing in Australia. They had the 2335 on the Aussie website but as soon as I asked for a price (from the local retailer) Hik Australia said they weren't available and took them off their site! So I bought them from AliExpress.

I might do that. I have a camera out front that I want to replace as a higher priority. Right now it is a Hikvision turret 4MP/4MM. I am debating whether or not to stick with a 4MP and go with a 6MM lens or a 2MP or 3MP. Decisions, decisions.
I noticed you've ordered a new camera, but have you thought about changing the lens on your "old" 4MP? I changed one of my DS-2CD2342WD-I from the factory 2.8mm to a 16mm lens. I've been quite impressed with the quality of the image. There's a capture at the bottom of this page Change a Hikvision lens from 2.8mm to 4mm or 6mm?

Last edited:

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after you checked these new 3MP Low-Light cameras,
You recommend on DS-2CD2335FWD-I model ?

Regards.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I've come across the same thing in Australia. They had the 2335 on the Aussie website but as soon as I asked for a price (from the local retailer) Hik Australia said they weren't available and took them off their site! So I bought them from AliExpress.

I noticed you've ordered a new camera, but have you thought about changing the lens on your "old" 4MP? I changed one of my DS-2CD2342WD-I from the factory 2.8mm to a 16mm lens. I've been quite impressed with the quality of the image. There's a capture at the bottom of this page Change a Hikvision lens from 2.8mm to 4mm or 6mm?
The cameras that I am replacing are not all that great at night as you can see in the posted photos. So that is why I am slowly changing them to the Low Light cameras which are a nice improvement for the night time. Just tying to see what lens fits best for the location. I already have a camera there so it helps to make a determination for improvement. Now down the road I may indeed change out a lens and use your great write up.