DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where can i get the hik 2335? Im in Calif.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Get it from Aliexpress, use the seller China Security Wholesale and mention I sent you over. -This will ensure you get a in-focus lens. They know me after a few encounters and ensure that goods dispatched are in perfect working order :winktongue:

jj1969

n3wb
Reaction score
Never used aliexpress how do i search that Security Wholesale person?

jj1969

n3wb
Reaction score
This one correct. Its $145?

Last edited:

jj1969

n3wb
Reaction score
What nvr is recomnended for the Hikvision 2335s? Preparing to make a purchase and want to make sure I do it right.

Last edited:

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What nvr is recomnended for the Hikvision 2335s? Preparing to make a purchase and want to make sure I do it right.
If you're starting from scratch have you compared Dahua cameras? They have a big range of the Starlight 2MP cameras at very good prices for the features. I've only compared the IPC-HDW5231R-Z, the IPC-HDW4231EM-AS is more the direct competitor for the DS-2CD2335FWD-I . From tests done by Nayr it appears to have better contrast than the 5231R-Z so it would be interesting to test it against the 2335.

(I'm sticking with Hikvision because of better compatibility with my already purchased NVR. It's a DS-7600NI-I2/8PI haven't used any other NVR's so can't comment/compare it to any other brand. It does the job and I like that it has the 4K output. )

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered a 12mm DS-2CD2035FWD-I from China Wholesale Security and received a 12mm DS-2CD2335FWD-I - I emailed the vendor and they told me to ship it back. Has anyone returned a camera - is shipping to China anymore involved than shipping in the states? Are custom forms required? is USPS the best option (vendor told me to ship using the cheapest option)? I assume China Wholesale Security will only ship the 2035 on receipt of the 2335 - understandable but still frustrating?

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To be honest, I would take the turret over the bullet any day of the week. Both are low level light so you must have a reason for wanting the bullet?

Reaction score
I ordered a 12mm DS-2CD2035FWD-I from China Wholesale Security and received a 12mm DS-2CD2335FWD-I - I emailed the vendor and they told me to ship it back. Has anyone returned a camera - is shipping to China anymore involved than shipping in the states? Are custom forms required? is USPS the best option (vendor told me to ship using the cheapest option)? I assume China Wholesale Security will only ship the 2035 on receipt of the 2335 - understandable but still frustrating?
I used DHL to return a camera to Longse last year. Essentially, you have to properly categorize/describe the item. "electronic camera" is an appropriate description text but I can't recall what the numeric class of the item was. Declare the value to be $50 or less to lower any chances of high customs charges. Unless of course if it's an expensive camera, in which case declare it at $100. Expect to pay about $100 to ship it back to China.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's interesting as last time I checked they didn't even offer the 12mm 2335 for sale! Are they going to reimburse you for the freight costs- if they aren't you'd probably be better off keeping it.

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To be honest, I would take the turret over the bullet any day of the week. Both are low level light so you must have a reason for wanting the bullet?
Yes, the install location is narrow and the turrett doesn't work very well for the location. Also, for that camera location I like to paint the body of the camera and the mini bullet is much better for that application - with the turrett as you adjust the eye the paint gets scratched up too much.

Are they going to reimburse you for the freight costs
Vendor said they would - not sure how that would work if I initiate and pay for shipping? CC credit maybe -- don't know. It's a bit frustrating but imagine I will just keep or sell it.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the install location is narrow and the turrett doesn't work very well for the location. Also, for that camera location I like to paint the body of the camera and the mini bullet is much better for that application - with the turrett as you adjust the eye the paint gets scratched up too much.

Vendor said they would - not sure how that would work if I initiate and pay for shipping? CC credit maybe -- don't know. It's a bit frustrating but imagine I will just keep or sell it.
The bullet will have constant issues with spider webs. There are a bunch of threads showing perfectly painted/plastidip turrets. If you use a wall mount you can get great angles with the turret.

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads showing perfectly painted/plastidip turrets.
Thanks Fenderman. I would be interested to know specifics brands/techniques to achieve this...mine are perfectly painted until I make an adjustment and then the eye or camera body is scratched - not waiting long enough / wrong paint (used Krylon - Camoflage - with Fusion Paint Technology) / need to loosen the socket set screw all the way perhaps?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I would be interested to know specifics brands/techniques to achieve this...mine are perfectly painted until I make an adjustment and then the eye or camera body is scratched - not waiting long enough / wrong paint (used Krylon - Camoflage - with Fusion Paint Technology) / need to loosen the socket set screw all the way perhaps?
i havent personally done it but look at the posts..you may be better off with plastidip...Painting DS-2CD3332-I black? Suggestions
worst case you touch it up after adjusting...

jj1969

n3wb
Reaction score
What hard drive is decent to use on the Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD 13MP?

jj1969

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought a hard drive was necessary for my cams but maybe i read wrong.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought a hard drive was necessary for my cams but maybe i read wrong.

hard drives are huge...
you might mean SD card...or NVR...or VMS.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a shortage of 6mm cams being produced or what? Received and order of 10 x 2335's 4mm yesterday but my local supplier is having trouble sourcing 6mm for whatever reason.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a shortage of 6mm cams being produced or what? Received and order of 10 x 2335's 4mm yesterday but my local supplier is having trouble sourcing 6mm for whatever reason.
When I bought my 6mm one 2 months ago, I was told that it was the most popular model, likely due to the focus and that it fits nicely in the middle of the lens ranges.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@sharpharp What do you mean by " .... due to the focus ...."? and by " ... it fits nicely in the middle of the lens ranges."???