DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh and it's a 2mp cam
Looks like you have lots of street light there, I have one only in quite a dark location.

That was the camera going back, will try again with the 12mm

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like you have lots of street light there, I have one only in quite a dark location.

That was the camera going back, will try again with the 12mm

There's 1 streetlight outside house and 1 across the way and that it.

It's even better in b&w but I'm happy with the colour image. .

It looks bright on the street but it really isnt. I wish I had a snap of my bog standard 3mp hik 2032 to put up as a comparison

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My 2MP Starlight is in a lower light situation and nowhere as good as reeves1985 excellent results. I'm also interested in what your day time stills look like- mine show harsh jagged edges on diagonal lines like the resolution is reduced during the day. It's bizarre. I'll have to try and get some off the NVR and post them up.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really don't know what to buy,
the starlight or the new HIK cameras,
My NVR is hik

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really don't know what to buy,
the starlight or the new HIK cameras,
My NVR is hik
Same here, I need a 6mm replacement for my crappy 4MP Hik Turret, night time picture is terrible (even with an IR illuminator)

Come on guys, Starlight or DS-2CD2335FWD-I ???? (and the HIK is 2MP not 3MP as mentioned by OPs title)

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here, I need a 6mm replacement for my crappy 4MP Hik Turret, night time picture is terrible (even with an IR illuminator)

Come on guys, Starlight or DS-2CD2335FWD-I ???? (and the HIK is 2MP not 3MP as mentioned by OPs title)
So for me it was an easy choice with a Hik NVR. Although the Starlight probably is the better camera, especially the variable focus one, I wanted to be able to use the IVS functions of the cameras.

Also you mention it's 2MP? What makes you think that, or are you thinking of the DS-2CD2325FWD-I which is 2MP.

The DS-2CD2335FWD-I does 2048*1546 and that relates to 3,145,728 Pixels.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, with a Hik NVR the Hik camera will have more functionality. I can't get my Dahua to log any motion events if I've got it in Continuous Recording. The Hik's will log a Smart event on the playback time line, so I can select "Smart" and it will only play those green markers.

The downside is the Dahua seems to have better firmware. Their WDR works better (the current Hik's I leave it off) and the brightness of my Hik's at night seems to not increase past a certain point.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So for me it was an easy choice with a Hik NVR. Although the Starlight probably is the better camera, especially the variable focus one, I wanted to be able to use the IVS functions of the cameras.

Also you mention it's 2MP? What makes you think that, or are you thinking of the DS-2CD2325FWD-I which is 2MP.

The DS-2CD2335FWD-I does 2048*1546 and that relates to 3,145,728 Pixels.
Cheers Ralph, apologies I missed the 3 part LOL

My only concern is all that carry on you had with the left side of the screen with soft focus on the 6mm. Did you get another one from them or a refund?

Anyone else by the Hikvision in 6mm and confirm that the focus issue was ok?

Ralph, is that Aliexpress seller legit? Any other resellers on there on in the UK selling the real deal any cheaper?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheers Ralph, apologies I missed the 3 part LOL

My only concern is all that carry on you had with the left side of the screen with soft focus on the 6mm. Did you get another one from them or a refund?

Anyone else by the Hikvision in 6mm and confirm that the focus issue was ok?

Ralph, is that Aliexpress seller legit? Any other resellers on there on in the UK selling the real deal any cheaper?
I can't find these in the UK at all.

The seller is paying for me to send it back for a refund, the 12mm seems good so far.
I need to order another, but I haven't seen the few people with these report any other issues, I guess I was just unlucky.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't find these in the UK at all.

The seller is paying for me to send it back for a refund, the 12mm seems good so far.
I need to order another, but I haven't seen the few people with these report any other issues, I guess I was just unlucky.

Cheers, I'll get one myself in the 6mm and report back.
Will have to find a home for my current 3MP and 4MP turrets in the meantime

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My 2MP Starlight is in a lower light situation and nowhere as good as reeves1985 excellent results. I'm also interested in what your day time stills look like- mine show harsh jagged edges on diagonal lines like the resolution is reduced during the day. It's bizarre. I'll have to try and get some off the NVR and post them up.
I'll grab a daytime image tomorrow and post up for you to look at.

I must admit I was impressed with the picture quality at night

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The starlight is the better camera

All my cameras are hik and my nvr is also hik.

You will lose some functionality with a dahua cam on a hik nvr but from my point of view and how I run them it doesnt matter the picture quality is what matters to me especially at night.

I use my nvr to mainly view the cameras and I record 24/7 So don't need access to motion recording although I do believe that there is a way to get this to work. You set it up direct on the camera and do something else to get it to log it.

But IMO if you record 24/7 get the starlight. And make and settings you need directly on the camera.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use my nvr to mainly view the cameras and I record 24/7 So don't need access to motion recording although I do believe that there is a way to get this to work. You set it up direct on the camera and do something else to get it to log it.

But IMO if you record 24/7 get the starlight. And make and settings you need directly on the camera.
From what I've found- you can search for motion events and it will list them (using the search function on the RHS of the NVR playback screen.) I haven't found a way of playing them all back sequentially, only one at a time (there might be a way to do it, I just haven't found it.) The "Smart" green markers below the Continuous line are generated with the Hik cameras; it's not all the motion events but major ones that the camera (or NVR?) determines to be of interest. So it filters out a lot of the false triggers from tree branches moving in the breeze etc. I find it useful and just scan through those the next day. I've set up the Dahua with the same options selected (via the Dahua web set up) and in the NVR but never get the "Smart" markers.

I'm also wondering if the Dahua Starlight on H265 also gives a picture with less noise than it would on H264? I was reading through an article on H265 using predictive movement to limit bandwidth, that got me thinking that it could reduce visible noise on the playback screen. I need to try running it on H264 like the Hiks (my current Hiks don't have H265) and see what differences there are in the image.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From what I've found- you can search for motion events and it will list them (using the search function on the RHS of the NVR playback screen.) I haven't found a way of playing them all back sequentially, only one at a time (there might be a way to do it, I just haven't found it.) The "Smart" green markers below the Continuous line are generated with the Hik cameras; it's not all the motion events but major ones that the camera (or NVR?) determines to be of interest. So it filters out a lot of the false triggers from tree branches moving in the breeze etc. I find it useful and just scan through those the next day. I've set up the Dahua with the same options selected (via the Dahua web set up) and in the NVR but never get the "Smart" markers.

I'm also wondering if the Dahua Starlight on H265 also gives a picture with less noise than it would on H264? I was reading through an article on H265 using predictive movement to limit bandwidth, that got me thinking that it could reduce visible noise on the playback screen. I need to try running it on H264 like the Hiks (my current Hiks don't have H265) and see what differences there are in the image.
If you use I've to setup the motion trigger like tripwire or intrusion you shouldn't really get many false triggers.

It's one of those things where you get comfortable with what you're used to a change is like WTF!

My 2032 cams don't have the smart features as I'm on older hacked firmware

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My situation is the whole of my front yard is open with no fences- even between the neighbours and my place. I don't know if "trip wires" would work too well? There are also a lot of bushes/ trees on the boundary that move around in the breeze and cause shadows as the sun appears/ disappears and moves. I'm guessing a trip wire is much like motion detection and could false trigger with shadows and other changes? It is possible on the Hik's to set up different zones for motion detection and vary the sensitivity for each zone (plus completely ignore certain areas) which is what I've basically done. I do need to experiment more with the intelligent functions.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My situation is the whole of my front yard is open with no fences- even between the neighbours and my place. I don't know if "trip wires" would work too well? There are also a lot of bushes/ trees on the boundary that move around in the breeze and cause shadows as the sun appears/ disappears and moves. I'm guessing a trip wire is much like motion detection and could false trigger with shadows and other changes? It is possible on the Hik's to set up different zones for motion detection and vary the sensitivity for each zone (plus completely ignore certain areas) which is what I've basically done. I do need to experiment more with the intelligent functions.
You can do this on the dahua quite easily
There is also a shadow mode for trees etc.
1 thing I have noticed as well is within a tripwire/intrusion zone you can collaborate the processing to check against ascertain size before it activates an rlarm/recording along with excluding areas which view problems.

My situation is my cameras are on the front and directly opposite I have a bus/coach company which would constantly trigger motion which using need or want to catch nor record.
By setting up collaborations and exclusion zones I cn completely remove the else alarms from them being constantly on the move

I can also set it on a schedule so on a night when they close it activates the full area for triggering motion

Works very well

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I record 24/7 (continues) without motion detection with my NVR,
So I don't know which camera to pick .

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I record 24/7 (continues) without motion detection with my NVR,
So I don't know which camera to pick .
If that's the case t this moment in time I'd pick the dahua and I m a hikvision fan. It jar seems dahua have leapfrogged them in terms of low light performance at entry level to mid budget prices