DS-2CD2412F-IW...setup problem

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
Reset the camera
fenderman,

I will reset when you return to my home.

OK, if we assume the packaging is correct, try this:
Just leave your router at its normal settings.
Change the IP address of your PC to 192.0.0.128, subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway does not matter, but if the PC complains, use 192.0.0.1
Confirm the PC is wired to the router.
Confirm the camera is wired to the router.
At a command prompt on the PC, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' to set a continuous ping going.
Power on the camera.
Check for any ping responses.
If you get continuous responses, the camera is confirmed as using the IP address 192.0.0.64. Start your browser, go to URL 'http://192.0.0.64' and hopefully you will get a login screen, and should be able to use 'admin 12345' for 'Username password'.
If the camera does show a few ping responses that stop after a few seconds, and do no recur of their own accord after some 10s of seconds, the camera is either set to use DHCP or a different static IP address.
Assuming your router DHCP is working OK, we would expect SADP to find the camera for either case.

Good luck!

alastairstevenson,

In the process of testing I not connected my laptop to the router, it may be the problem?

Thanks !

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to add a behavior of the camera that leaves no doubt:

- When I turn on the camera is the only connected ALARM LED, other LEDs STATUS and other are off, that would be a problem?

Thanks !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be best to connect the laptop to the router with a cable, and turn off WiFi on the laptop. Then confirm the LED is on at the router port the laptop is connected to.
If the camera is connected using a cable to the router, the yellow LED on the camera marked 'Link' (2 below the Alarm LED) should be on, also the LED on the router port that the camera is connected to.
If these are off, there is no network connection.

With both laptop and camera connected by cable to the router - try SADP.
And then try my suggested tests above.

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
Adonias, first things first make sure your power supply is working properly and all the lights that should be on are on. Then make sure your router is set up correctly. Then i would suggest resetting the cam (see Fenderman....he's the one who got me out of trouble). Also, just a stab in the dark, but is your firewall set to allow SADP.? You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling SADP, and "allow" all the pop-up options.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then check out your lan cable, the 12v power supply is fine as long as it works, the information here in this post is all correct. SADP works well windows 7, but can be blocked by windows firewall so check that too.

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped me !!

The problem was solved by connecting the notebook to the router, but setting fixed IP and DNS (was absent in previous tests).

Now, I will configure external access(Nat) !

Thanks!!!

Adonias Viana