DS-2CD2632F-IS not more working after update v5.4.0 R0

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What can we do ? We really need help ...

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the downgrader, the use Hiktools to change the region flag, then tftp it on to the camera
You will find it on this IP 192.0.0.64

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Then if i have understood :
(I never done that....)

- i need A firmware ...
- i use hicktool to change the flag for the language like the first post in speaking of hicktool
- then i use tftp to transfert it
- unplugged and plugged the camera after confirmation from tftp

Witch firmware did you suggest to edit ?
Or perahps, it exist already a file with rights correction i can directly transfert ?
(In any case i can only use tftp to speak with the camera ...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...The 5.4.0 firmware may have updated the bootloader, which may then prohibit a downgrade...
I remember reading a warning that came with the 5.4 firmware which states that one of the limitations of 5.4 is that you cannot downgrade it once it has been installed. rant.gif

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Q2U,

Yes something perahps change but i'm not able to check it what's going wrong.
I'm now afraid to do somethink else without precautions ...
But i update it via Gui internet for the camera . Then why it accept the update without A minimum of checking ? But just remained blocked on "rebooting".

Why did it not checked the actuel version , serial number or what it want and then said me "update firmware refused, wrong country " or something else ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But i update it via Gui internet for the camera . Then why it accept the update without A minimum of checking ? But just remained blocked on "rebooting".

Why did it not checked the actuel version , serial number or what it want and then said me "update firmware refused, wrong country " or something else ?
This has always been a serious weakness in the Hikvision firmware update process. It's not clear if it's just poor design, or deliberate.
You are right that it should do some proper model and version validity checks before allowing an invalid update to do damage to the device.
But it doesn't - they are more focussed on trying to trip people up on region matching.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...why it accept the update without A minimum of checking...?
Good question; it seems rather insane that the firmware updater would not first check the hardware and -- if required -- warn the user. Unless the software engineer is simply nasty.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At present you can't downgrade lower than the original firmware, but if you were originally on 5.30 you can.

The firmware is in the downgrader you don't need to add it.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And once again the need to update was for what purpose ? seems many many upgrade with the ultimate result being a downgrade and a new paper weight = if it ain't broke don't fix it !

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And once again the need to update was for what purpose ? seems many many upgrade with the ultimate result being a downgrade and a new paper weight = if it ain't broke don't fix it !
Maybe for SMTP TLS? Noticed my 5.4 camera has TLS now

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At present you can't downgrade lower than the original firmware, but if you were originally on 5.30 you can.

The firmware is in the downgrader you don't need to add it.
Hello, on my previous post, i've tried to downgrade to originally firmware : with the chinese firmware, it dont go to end. With the firmware from Hikvision Europe, i've the confirmation but camera dont want to work and dont appear in sadp too after unplugged and plugged to restart it .
The serial number show it's s chinese camera....
Seems camera is blocked somewhere on reboot.... Did it dont exist a tool to have a log to see what the camera is doing ?

Edit : have you a link for this special downgrader you speak ? Is it one i dont use yet ?

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it was to solve the problem with TLS and have some features more and corrections ...
I know ... I certainly made a mistake.... Now i pay my error ....
I'm an helper in Windows computers. I am the first to say "dont upgrade bios if not necessary".

I'm new this thoses cameras, and for me update a firmware was like update my iOS ...
And when something is wrong , why it's so difficult to come back or make something like caméra work again ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re,

Thanks for the link. For me CN firmware 3.5.0 dont go to end (missing confirmation "system updated" from tftp
3.5.0 go to end but after rebooting , camera dont work and no gui internet and sadp too....
The pictures regarding the box say firmware 3.5.0.
Serial number with ccch letters ...
Then impossible to downgrade and leave this camera blocked ?

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re,

I've tried one more time and using Hicktools too .

- [FONT=微软雅黑]V5.3.0build150513[/FONT][FONT=微软雅黑] downloaded from Hikvision China : File transmit but no confirmation for system updated and [FONT=微软雅黑]camera always in the air[/FONT]
- V5.3.0 from hikvision Europe : File transmit and confirmation. But after reboot, camera alway in the air ....
- Tried with Hicktool to change lang : ENG to CN : [FONT=微软雅黑]File transmit but no confirmation for system updated [FONT=微软雅黑]and camera always in the air

I'm really thinking there's something wrong on reboot. It's impossible to have a log ? Perahps like that you can give me the better way to solve....[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

If that can help to help me :miserable:
At camera I've letters : QYDUSN Firmware V5.3.0_150513

I can only see the camera with arp -a (192.0.0.64) when the PC address is to: 192.0.0.128, mask: 255.255.255.0

Is there an easer tool to see where is the error. I've rode some topics speaking about U-boot but seems to need an adaptator and particular configuration that I know nothing ...
Other way, is it possible to clone a camera changing what should be changed to evitate conflicts with MAC adress or serial number ?
I've rode some topics about it but each topic is particular... My only to speak with the camera is via the RJ45 ...

holoman5

n3wb
Reaction score
Agrees that the mtd files when the times have been changed no firmware update is no longer possible?
I need to get back to the original state to make an update or downgrade?
Do the MTD files not overwritten by the update ?

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello holoman5,

I don't really understand what you are saying. I think our camera is lost on the boot. When i start it, there's a little traffic. Then led stop from my switch and restart (I think the camera is rebooting at this time).

holoman5

n3wb
Reaction score
yes exactly my camera is trapped in a Rebootloop. I've sent back and hope that they exchanged. Sorry for my english (google) ;-)