DS-2CD3145F-IS firmware upgrade

norkator

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Hikvision camera bought from Aliexpress: DS-2CD3145F-IS current firmware version: V5.3.3 build 150514
I got another one which had newer much nicer user interface, any possibilities to be able to upgrade chinese bought hikvision cameras.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DO NOT upgrade that camera or you will most likely ruin it. I run 5.2.X firmware on a number of my cameras and they all run fine. Leave well enough alone. Let it be. :)

norkator

n3wb
Reaction score
DO NOT upgrade that camera or you will most likely ruin it. I run 5.2.X firmware on a number of my cameras and they all run fine. Leave well enough alone. Let it be. :)
Okay, there's a reason tho for why I'm asking this too. I can't get connection to my SMB server share with this current camera. Another one works straight away, which actually has older firmware. No problems on share permissions what so ever. Tested thousand of times. Works everywhere else.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

norkator

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I have to ask from the seller if he has any ideas about firmware, till now I'm using SD card but I want to extend recording time.

zarek

n3wb
Reaction score
Asked all the sellers on Aliexpress, but no one have a firmware file or refuse to let me contact their sources.

zarek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm Seems they do not have 5.4.2 yet as the pirate guys at Aliexpress.com have - they must work on Hikvision.

spetrie

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Hikvision camera bought from Aliexpress: DS-2CD3145F-IS current firmware version: V5.3.3 build 150514
I got another one which had newer much nicer user interface, any possibilities to be able to upgrade chinese bought hikvision cameras.
Do you have issues with camera rebooting? Not sure if it is related to firmware or hardware. Did you ever find a English firmware upgrade or downgrade?

d0m

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same device and firmware version.
DS-2CD3145F-Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxx
V5.3.3.

Did someone had success in updating them?

sunshineh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I also have a DS-2CD3145F-IS and my actual firmware is V5.3.9 build 160612.
At daylight it is working OK, but at night I only can see a dark gray picture. I can't recognize anything on it!!
Is there a newer/better firmware or do I have to add an extern ir-light?! Do you have any tipps for me?

sunshineh

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a picture from the cam in a normal night, it isn't a really dark night.
I also have a floureon cam and this cam is working great, also tonight!20200608_Live-Ansicht.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a picture from the cam in a normal night, it isn't a really dark night.
That's an IR reflection problem.
Quite common with dome cameras, the causes can vary.
A common one is the positioning of the camera, relative to surfaces that reflect the IR back to the dome and fog up the image.
The dome itself can also contribute if it has micro scratches, or is dusty and needs careful cleaning.
There is quite a lot of user experience of dome reflection problems on the forum that should yield some search results.

If the dome is readily accessible - maybe temporarily remove the dome and the difference will confirm that it's caused by IR reflection.