DS-7604NI-E1/4P Issues

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1st you can't use Chrome at all to view the camera's feed, use Firefox, you will also have to update the plug in and save and remember it.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've managed to get a live feed from the camera to the NVR but struggling to head my head round the bit to get a live feed to my laptop

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you are getting there, you've made plenty of progress.
but struggling to head my head round the bit to get a live feed to my laptop
You know the IP address of the NVR, let's says it's 192.168.1.20
Use Firefox to connect to the NVR web interface with this in the Firefox address line, adjusting for your specific NVR IP address:
http://192.168.1.20
and see what response you get.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help on this and it is appreciated :cool:

I've put the NVR ip addy into Firefox. It opened up the Hikvision page and after putting in username and password it doesn't show the live feed in there but has all the configuration settings, etc.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's missing the webcomponents plugin.
Normally there would be a prompt to install.
I'm not sure how you'd re-trigger that prompt in Firefox, sorry.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you look at the middle of the feed screen, it should show a link click it to install the plugin.
You should get a pop up asking to save and remember (top left)
If you already have the plugin installed you will need to allow it. (top right) again click save and remember.
Close and reopen the browser and you should have you live view.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When it's in firefox it just shows a black screen on live play and no picture. I treid it back in Google Chrome and it did show the above in the middle of the screen. I followed the instructions and re opened the browser up and it showed the instructions in the middle of the screen again. I can still see the camera in the NVR but can't get the camera to open in its ip addy in either browser.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the Chrome you are using is up to date - it no longer allows the use of NPAPI type of plug-ins, so webcomponents will no longer run.
I can still see the camera in the NVR but can't get the camera to open in its ip addy in either browser.
Are you saying that you can see video in the NVR web GUI from the camera?
If so, the plugin is working OK. Or is this via the VGA monitor that's connected?
If you have the camera plugged into one of the PoE ports you will not be able to access the camera directly, the network that runs on the PoE ports is separate and not accessible from the LAN that the NVR LAN port is connected to.

To eliminate uncertainty:
What is the IP address of the PC?
What is the IP address of the NVR?
What is the IP address of the camera, and how do you know that? ie can you see it in the menus accessed via the VGA monitor that the NVR is connected to?

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help on this, but I'll have to leave it like this for the time been. I won't be able to have another go at it till the middle of January. Once again Thanks and I hope to get it up and running then :)