DS-7604NI-E1/4P Issues

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a new Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1-4P ordered from a UK seller. I've inserted a WD30PURX 3TB HDD and plugged the two cables into the motherboard. When I power it up there is no picture from it any source. It will bleep when it's turned on, no picture of any sort, then bleep a few more times ans just keeps repeating it over again.

I had a search and it say it may be the the wrong HDD, the HDD is fubared (brand new) or the HDD needs initialising. I really thought this was just a plug and play job, but Oh no :laugh: Any ideas what's going wrong?

Also has anyone had the joy of hooking up there system with the BT Home Hub5?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it beep without the HDD connected?
You should be able to just connect the LAN port to your network, find the device with SADP, and log in to the web GUI. Without the HDD or with it.
If that does not work - you should contact the seller and request a replacement.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for your reply.

I just tried it and it beeps without the HDD connected. It comes up with "not supported mode" on both my tv and monitor and it doesn't seem to appear to be located anywhere on my network. I was hoping it was just something silly but looks like it needs replacing.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The resolution is set incorrectly for the HDMI, you will have to set it up with a PC monitor not connected by hdmi, the bleeping is caused by no hard drive or not formated / initialized.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've tried it with a VGA cable into my desktop and laptop and still nothing. I've tried adding a device via the windows 10 "add device", etc and nothing at all apart from the beeping and the fan running.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I presume I have to able to access the NVR menu to be able to format/initialise the HDD?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried it with a VGA cable into my desktop and laptop and still nothing. I've tried adding a device via the windows 10 "add device", etc and nothing at all apart from the beeping and the fan running.
The vga cable needs to go into the monitor not into the desktop or laptop, those are outputs not inputs.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What size is the pc vga screen, as I have found a lot of 15" need to be set to auto or they fail to work as the resolution is just to low.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Gents. I now have access to the menu. Now the fun part of adding the IP camera :cool:

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good job you guys are on here. I'd have binned it otherwise. Any good links for adding the Ip cam via a BT HomeHub5?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All you need to connect them up is an Ethernet cable and a power supply. And set their ip address with SADP.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do I need a power cable if they're POE? I'll have a go at finishing off tomorrow but a big Thank You for help :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any good links for adding the Ip cam via a BT HomeHub5?
Do I need a power cable if they're POE?
Sorry, I assumed from the above that you intended connecting the camera(s) to your BT HomeHub.
No, you don't need a power cable if you plug the camera into one of the PoE ports of your 7604NI-E1/4P NVR.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The best thing to do with the bt home hub is open a window and throw it as far as you can,, but seriously it's not very good and very limited but will do.
You need to setup your port forwarding.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol! But so true. Does depend on whether it's a 1 or 2 or 3 - and who the manufacturer was.
I'm sure I have a couple still sitting in a cupboard somewhere.
Some problem with only getting 10s of kilobits instead of 10s of megabits through the switch ports.
I just can't throw anything away, even junk.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi again, I just wondered if someone could explain the next step.

I've currently got the NVR hooked into a monitor to view the menu. The NVR LAN port is cabled to my HH5 to the red WAN port. I've then put a cable going from the number 1 on the NVR to the 2325 IP camera. Is that correct? I'm in the menu to to edit number 1 camera and not 100% sure what the step is. When I go into the POE menu it gives a tick to show number 1 is connected. Apologies for been a dumba55

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
We all have to learn these new things - and forums like this are good because people are willing to share and help.
It sounds like the camera may be working OK - do you see an image in the Live View on the monitor?

You will find it very convenient to access the NVR web GUI from your laptop or PC, when you have connected the NVR to one of the hub switch ports - one of the cluster of 4 yellow ports.
Then you need to find and set it's IP address.
The Hikvision tool SADP is worth downloading and installing. http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html
When you run this it will find the NVR and allow you to set the IP address to one on your LAN.
Or you could see and change the IP address via the monitor menus in the Network screens.
When you have the IP address set to one on your LAN, use the IE browser on your laptop to access it, and log in with the same username and password you used on the monitor menus.
You will be asked to install the webcomponents plugin. This is necessary for viewing and configuration.

Try this and then let us know how you get on.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for that :cool:

I reset the HH5 and that has allowed me to get the NVR seen on the modem. The NVR shows it's connected online. I've d/loaded SADP and I can see both the NVR and the camera on there. I followed this link and have done the ipconfig in cmd. The link shows ethernet adaptor LAN and with an IP number. Mine only shows ethernet adaptor ethernet and with no default gateway. There is a default gatway ip number showing on the Wireless LAN adapter wi fi.

I've currently got a cable going from the NVR to the modem, then plugged the ip cam into the poe port on the NVR. The NVR menu shows in camera management in POE info that it's connected but no picture. I clicked on the ip number assiigned for cam 1 in the NVR menu also now in SADP via Google Cgrome and it says click here to d/load plug in but I don't recall seeing one. I done the same thing via IE sand its blank.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It will only show the camera in SADP when I've ran a cbale going from laptop to one of the POE plugs in the NVR.