EasyPTZ: a new simple camera viewer for Windows

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like preset grouping in new version :)

I'm currently testing the joystick so I'll get the details.

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In my case the joystick worked better in the previous version.

- when I move the camera to the left or right, the camera often goes left-up or left-down
- the same is true with moving right
- camera do not move left-down

I think camera shoud move left-up, left down, right-up and right-down only when joystick position is fully pressed left-up, left-down, right-up and right-down.

easyptz01.jpg

Last edited:

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
(1)
hat_horizontal = pan
hat_vertical = pan

Presing hat keys nothing happens.
Log show nothing.

(2)
#hat_horizontal = pan
#hat_vertical = pan

Pressing hat keys left and right focus camera, up and down zoom camera.
Log shows when pressing keys.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's because of differences with a gamepad. I'll be able to test with one of those later today.

As far as diagonals, one nice thing is that it's not necessarily exactly "left up" evenly, there can be amounts of diagonal. In other words instead of there being 8 points, there can be 16 points, as on this compass:

So instead of simply having LeftUp we get UpUpLeft (faster up than left) etc. That works really well on the joystick I have, apparently not well on gamepads yet, but I'm sure it's an easy fix.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Changing the hat action should be working now in v0.89952, let me know if not.

I also added a value to the config file to tune the joystick called "joystick_threshhold". It basically controls how sensitive the joystick is by ignoring any signal below that number. Possible values would be .1 (super sensitive) to 1 (every signal is ignored).

Code:
# This is the threshhold below which the joystick signal is ignored.
# Recommended is .4, and for example if it's 1 everything
# is ignored. Sensitive larger joysticks like flight sims can have
# lower values (even .1), while gamepads are probably around .5
joystick_threshhold = .4
The old version that you preferred had a value of .6, and the last one you tested had a value of .1. Clearly the ideal is somewhere in between... As I test with more types of joysticks I'll find good defaults, but in the meantime that's how to tune it. Let me know if you find a good value. I'll do some testing of course when my shiny new gamepad arrives in the mail, which is hopefully later today.

Last edited:

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great :)

Hat action works :)

Put "joystick_threshhold" to .5 and it works great :)

Just one problem with joystick.
Camera will not move left-down.
When I pres left-down, camera goes only left.

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Antoher idea...

When camera is full screen, right mouse click open preset menu.
First full screen stage show 15 buttons for presets below, but preset menu shows preset names and all presets:)

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good idea, I just made a rough version of it in v.8996:

gizmoware.net/easyptz

To access the Presets Window, click Presets -> Presets Window, or click P or right click the video window. To hide it, click P or click some blank space on the presets window.

Note another new feature: when the Presets Window is visible, you can type a preset number and click Enter and it'll go to that preset. Or if you type 3 digits ("003") it'll go to that number without pressing enter. Note that at the bottom of the Presets Window you can see the number you're typing. Experimental.

Currently the Presets Window only shows the first 40 presets, I'll add the ability to load more later.

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great :)

Very useful when using two monitors. On the first monitor I have camera full screen and on second monitor presets window.

Thank you.

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wrybread, coming back to IR (far and near)...

If "on/off" is not possible, I would be very happy with "0" and "1", which is very much the same to "on/off"

And is it possible to have for Iris "+/-", because of no focus points, like my DLRS has, the camera needs to be adjusted manually.

Thanks a lot.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry meant to say, I'll see about adding some IR controls (at least a basic toggle on/off) and iris controls next week.

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I had a problem (under WIN10, 64bit), that changes within the "EasyPTZConfigs.txt" in the normal path "C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPTZ" did not happend in the EasyPTZ program.

After some testings, i surged on my c: drive for all "EasyPTZConfigs.txt" and found it twice.

1st in the regular path like obove, and 2nd in a App Cache path.

So I had to copy manually the new "EasyPTZConfigs.txt" to that location, and now the changes are in the EasyPTZ program.

Here is a screenshot for that cache path:

upload_2019-3-2_22-31-54.png

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm that's a weird one. Could you try the version I just uploaded (v0.901)?

Also I added the ability to make a button adjust the iris of the camera. Set the button action to "iris+" or "iris-". I'll be adding more dedicated buttons for these things soon, but that's a start.

gizmoware.net/easyptz

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mhhhh, 1st thought to V0.901... to many (=+30) cameras... I did not change the config file, but now I have 30 cameras upfront mine... Did you change there something?

Regarding the cache, I have to test this with some add. entries...

upload_2019-3-3_1-49-0.png

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Whoops! I just uploaded a fix for that.

Let me know what you find with the cache. An easy way to test it would be to click File -> Settings and make some change, to a camera name for example, and see if it works.

Last edited:

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Helly wrybread,

sorry for my late reply... I had less time.

I just checked with V0.902 and 25 cameras (instead my normal 19 cameras), and it shows me my old config with 19 cameras and not the test config with 25 cameras...

So easyPTZ don't update the cached config file.