Email Bug fixed Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000008.0.R.190619.zip

radionerd

n3wb
Reaction score
I was successful with all but one model cam, I pushed the firmware to one of my fish eye's IPC-EB5531. It took a very long time to upload, then about ten minutes later it came back. It boot loops about every 30 seconds, can't get into web config at all. Was able to reset and initialize from my XVR several times. Pushed and held down the reset button a few times too. Tried to push firmware again from Dahua Config tool with no luck.
I'm afraid to try upgrading my other Fisheye.
Edit: upgraded 2nd Fisheye IPC-EB5531 successfully

Bootlooping 1st Fisheye IPC-EB5531 (Original FW: 2.622.0000000.18.R, Build Date: 2017-11-10)

Successful firmware updates using General_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000008.0.R.190619.bin:
2nd Fisheye IPC-EB5531 was successful
IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E (Had to zoom in and out) (Original FW was: DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin)
IPC-HFW5231E-ZE (Original FW was: [NTSC]DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110)
DH-IPC-HFW4830EP-S (Original FW: DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin)
IPC-HDBW4231F-AS
IPC-HFW5231EP-ZE

Last edited:

radionerd

n3wb
Reaction score
First post does not say it is compatible with IPC-EB5531.
Andy said it was in an email. I think it probably is compatible since it does connect to my XVR with video for about 30 seconds before it reboots. Just my luck I think ;-)

I didn't kill the stream prior to pushing firmware, I didn't read about that until after I borked it ;-)

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you don't care about the email bug, is there any reason to install this update?

radionerd

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy said it was in an email. I think it probably is compatible since it does connect to my XVR with video for about 30 seconds before it reboots. Just my luck I think ;-)

I didn't kill the stream prior to pushing firmware, I didn't read about that until after I borked it ;-)
First post does not say it is compatible with IPC-EB5531.
Andy re-confirmed IPC-EB5531 is compatible. So I killed second stream, set to lowest resolution, crossed fingers, and updated my second Fisheye. It uploaded much faster, and restarted faster. All Good on latest firmware. I reset to default to clear up spastic switching Day to Night. It is rock solid.
Thanks Andy!

Kinchyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the "email bug" I've recently had where my gmail notifications from IVS aren't working (IPC-HFW5231E-ZE) but I thought email notifications left from the NVR?? I also made some other changes to my network so wanted to rule this "bug" out.
Are there work around for the other issues? Sounds like code that "just fixes email bug" has introduced other issues which seems odd unless this firmware was correcting other bugs. Radionerd sounds like you've had success which has me leaning toward applying (I have 5231 but you have 5531 hoping not much different...)

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All went smoothly, however I am having severe focus issues.
Have you tried this?

Log in to the cameras webpage directly and on the "Live" image tab look at the small icons at the bottom left below the live image from the camera - click the one with a "+" symbol then the "Zoom and Focus" menu will appear - now in the "Zoom and Focus" menu press "Restore All" and when that settles down press "Refresh" - for me that is more effective than zooming in and out to get the lens back to normal (and various VMS software seems to get the lens stuck until I use "Restore All" etc.) - did it improve your focus issues?

Andy - will this firmware work for IPC-HFW5831E-ZE ?

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Have you tried this?

Log in to the cameras webpage directly and on the "Live" image tab look at the small icons at the bottom left below the live image from the camera - click the one with a "+" symbol then the "Zoom and Focus" menu will appear - now in the "Zoom and Focus" menu press "Restore All" and when that settles down press "Refresh" - for me that is more effective than zooming in and out to get the lens back to normal (and various VMS software seems to get the lens stuck until I use "Restore All" etc.) - did it improve your focus issues?

Andy - will this firmware work for IPC-HFW5831E-ZE ?
yes, no problem to work with it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This version's firmware has some new bugs ,dahua post the latest new update today, i am checking if can be released here for updating.

1 The main stream can not get the image with the last version(75) of chrome
2. NVR can not get the motion detection video from the IPC sometimes

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the "email bug" I've recently had where my gmail notifications from IVS aren't working (IPC-HFW5231E-ZE) but I thought email notifications left from the NVR?? I also made some other changes to my network so wanted to rule this "bug" out.
Are there work around for the other issues? Sounds like code that "just fixes email bug" has introduced other issues which seems odd unless this firmware was correcting other bugs. Radionerd sounds like you've had success which has me leaning toward applying (I have 5231 but you have 5531 hoping not much different...)
Nobody replied to your post, but I got the same HFW5231 as you, it can send (if connected to the internetz) mails with the new firmware, but if you have an NVR, it is easier to let the NVR send the mails than the cams.

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, no problem to work with it.
Thank you for your reply Andy - installed your firmware and working well.

For once I have actually found newer firmware V2.800.0000009.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-20 at

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/uk/support/downloadCenter/firmware?child=161

The firmware file is within the main archive file - some of the other files are interesting - unfortunately I did not see a firmware release notes file in the download bundle.

Andy - are there any known bugs in the firmware I am linking to - OR - are you about to publish even newer firmware - would love some release notes.

Here is an old firmware release notes file - the reason I am uploading it is it makes a useful cross reference of compatible cameras and also shows that 71 different models of Dahua camera all use the same firmware package.

Has anyone come across where you can get newer firmware releases notes files?

If you find my post useful click "Like"

Attachments

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have installed the slightly newer firmware of V2.800.0000009.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-20 - all went well and it seems to deliver more detail in low light images in both colour and black and white modes.

The archive at the Dahua UK link I supplied above is a 191MB ZIP file download so here is the Branded Dahua Firmware file (from the Dahua archive) by itself so if you are suffering from the problems Andy describes of :-

This version's firmware has some new bugs ,dahua post the latest new update today, i am checking if can be released here for updating.

1 The main stream can not get the image with the last version(75) of chrome
2. NVR can not get the motion detection video from the IPC sometimes
Then this one day newer firmware could be a solution.

Have also actually found Firmware release notes for Andy's V2.800.0000008.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-19 Firmware - sadly no list of camera models but the compatibility lists are interesting

Attachments

Last edited:

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here is the latest new firmware for these models, please try to upgrade asap for the email alarms failed.

General one is without dahua logo
DH one is with dahua logo.

Models support.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.
IPC-HDW4XXX-ASE
IPC-HDW5XX-ZE
IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE

Attention: For the hacked models/Original english models, please don't use these firmware to make any upgrade, or else your cams will be burned or language will be change back into Chinese.

Andy
The DH version worked on my HDW4431EM-AS ! It had a problem where when I used the config tool, I couldn't get it to show the screen, change settings, anything. That fixed it.