Extern access to POE cams

Reaction score
Hi there

I have some POE cams linked to a POE NVR. My issue : I can't get to the cams configuration page if I am not also linked to the POE switch.

Is there any way to configure the cam or the NVR to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Quentin

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
  • For an NVR with switch it ideally wants you to login to the NVR and open the camera's webpage, this ports through the NVR. My Dahua NVR only supports this on Dahua branded cameras.
I have two cameras as ONVIF on my NVR, I cannot login to them unless I connect my device to the network switch on the back of the NVR*. Once on the switch of the NVR it doesn't give me a DHCP allocation.​
So I have to change my ethernet adaptors IP to static on the same subnet.​
I already know the switch is on x.x.x.x network and I know where cameras are allocated so this is an easy job to pick a free IP address in range.​

*(thank goodness POE standards don't send 48v unless the device wants it).

Apparently someone on here has managed to port through the NVR to access an ONVIF device, if they see this thread then please speak up! I want to know too!! :)

Reaction score
  • For an NVR with switch it ideally wants you to login to the NVR and open the camera's webpage, this ports through the NVR. My Dahua NVR only supports this on Dahua branded cameras
Hi

I understand that you manage to access your Dahua branded cams from outside your network by connecting to your NVR then to the cam page? This is what I've tried (I click on the Internet explorer icon on the cameras menu) but it opens a tab with the private IP address of the cam so I can't access if I'm not plugged to the switch.

*(thank goodness POE standards don't send 48v unless the device wants it).
Indeed :rofl:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand that you manage to access your Dahua branded cams from outside your network by connecting to your NVR then to the cam page? This is what I've tried (I click on the Internet explorer icon on the cameras menu) but it opens a tab with the private IP address of the cam so I can't access if I'm not plugged to the switch.
Apart from what I said to connect directly to the switch, I haven't found a way porting through the NVR.
I have two cameras as ONVIF on my NVR, I cannot login to them unless I connect my device to the network switch on the back of the NVR*. Once on the switch of the NVR it doesn't give me a DHCP allocation.So I have to change my ethernet adaptors IP to static on the same subnet.
I already know the switch is on x.x.x.x network and I know where cameras are allocated so this is an easy job to pick a free IP address in range.