Ezviz 1080 POE - Horrible Motion alerts

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
On setting 3-5 every little thing sends Motion notification, setting 1-2 send nothing - a truck can drive into the camera and there will be no notification.

Some guys on Amazon says Ezviz sent them a "test" firmware which helped. Contacted Ezviz and they are clueless - told me to adjust the sensitivity... I am lost and really need the alerts to work properly. Based in South Africa, and every minute that goes by we might have a armed robbery or home invasion...

Appreciate any support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Based in South Africa, and every minute that goes by we might have a armed robbery or home invasion
Then perhaps you should have purchased decent cameras instead of junk. Sell them, return them, or give them away and then purchase decent hardware and software which will provide the results which your require.

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
Then perhaps you should have purchased decent cameras instead of junk. Sell them, return them, or give them away and then purchase decent hardware and software which will provide the results which your require.
I had the hikvision ones before and worked fine for my needs. Obviously if I knew they were going to be crap I wouldn't have bought them.

No need to be a doos.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On setting 3-5 every little thing sends Motion notification, setting 1-2 send nothing - a truck can drive into the camera and there will be no notification.

Some guys on Amazon says Ezviz sent them a "test" firmware which helped. Contacted Ezviz and they are clueless - told me to adjust the sensitivity... I am lost and really need the alerts to work properly. Based in South Africa, and every minute that goes by we might have a armed robbery or home invasion...

Appreciate any support.

Hi @Chris_sa

Does the EZVIZ kit do the Hikvision VCA functions ( what us Dahua calls IVS )?

johandup

n3wb
Reaction score
I rather depend on beams which is a proven technology.
My neighbour gave up on getting his cameras doing this. Apparently the infrared lights attracts bugs at night which renders the motion detection useless. So he disabled it.
And see if you can buy a camera without ir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I rather depend on beams which is a proven technology.
My neighbour gave up on getting his cameras doing this. Apparently the infrared lights attracts bugs at night which renders the motion detection useless. So he disabled it.
And see if you can buy a camera without ir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Another piece of bad advice. 3 for 3 now. You do understand that there are camera designs that are rarely affected by spider webs. They are called turrets. You also understand that you can turn OFF the ir on a camera. Why would you need a camera without IR if you can turn it off?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Johandup

You are new you have a lot to !earn

I use zone crossing in bi with no problems. I use the camera to collect video, not process it. The ir and bugs cause absolutely no problems.

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally managed to a firmware update. It now includes Line Crossing, intrusion alert, ability to add 4mp EZVIZ cameras to 1080 system and ONVIF. So far things are much improved...

I was looking at this cam to add to existing EZVIZ system

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777PNBY4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A22E1JQ3DE3K79&psc=1
Hi @Chris_sa

Good news.

btw - I recall the brand SV3C not being well liked by many members. As you have a Hikvision OEM NVR I would look for a Hikvision OEM camera.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an SV3C. it is crap, it is sitting unused. It does not have a good camera and also it does a very poor job of implementing H.264, it uses 50% more recording space for the same picture as my Dahua IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE