Ezviz camera help requested

Pathogen

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to view the camera feed on PC in 'Ezviz studio' on a Windows 10 machine, which doesn't work. I could find no information on this system from Ezviz/Hikvision and while the NVR motherboard is stamped 'DS-80242', it does not correspond to the old DS-8xxx devices in any way. It is a 4K 8-channel POE which apparently (based on the missing components on the board) has a 16-channel big brother. The camera are 4K EXIR bullet type that get nice and warm. The NVR shows an upper limit to the bitrate of a camera at about 16Mbs.

Once the system is added to Ezviz account, camera feeds CAN be viewed via web browser (after plugins install), and everything appears to work fine, however, the Ezviz Studio application does everything BUT display video feeds.

The cameras can be configured deeply using the Studio, and even within the configuration panel live video feeds CAN be seen in the sub panels for changing settings like motion detection boundaries, so that would suggest there is some sort of lock-out happening, because obviously the Windows 10 is in fact receiving the video stream.

When the PC is directly connected to the internal NVR network via camera port, it can then see the camera devices, but when attempting to access their control panels directly, Studio asks for an 'activation code', but nothing like 'ABCDEF' or '12345' or 'password' or even the "Material Code" number printed below the serial number on the packaging the camera came from. It seems to allow a few attempts then starts throwing a 'network error' rather than a 'wrong password' message.

My thinking is that the Studio knows the password just as the NVR does, but its being kept hidden from me, the person who owns the device and paid a hefty chunk of coin for it.

Can anyone offer and tips to pursue this? I'm stumped. I really would like to be able to view the feeds on my PC, and better yet, without having to have the NVR connected to the world wide web.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For what it's worth I'm at the start of your journey, too. I'll let you know when and if I get peeved enought to rip these apart and yank the firmware chip off the board for dumping.

It appears you have older firmware than me- rejoice!

V5.5.3build180122
V7.3 build 180122

CS-CV110-A1-

DS-2CDVT-FCMPT-S
CS-CV110-A1-68R

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to view the camera feed on PC in 'Ezviz studio' on a Windows 10 machine, which doesn't work. I could find no information on this system from Ezviz/Hikvision and while the NVR motherboard is stamped 'DS-80242', it does not correspond to the old DS-8xxx devices in any way. It is a 4K 8-channel POE which apparently (based on the missing components on the board) has a 16-channel big brother. The camera are 4K EXIR bullet type that get nice and warm. The NVR shows an upper limit to the bitrate of a camera at about 16Mbs.

Once the system is added to Ezviz account, camera feeds CAN be viewed via web browser (after plugins install), and everything appears to work fine, however, the Ezviz Studio application does everything BUT display video feeds.

The cameras can be configured deeply using the Studio, and even within the configuration panel live video feeds CAN be seen in the sub panels for changing settings like motion detection boundaries, so that would suggest there is some sort of lock-out happening, because obviously the Windows 10 is in fact receiving the video stream.

When the PC is directly connected to the internal NVR network via camera port, it can then see the camera devices, but when attempting to access their control panels directly, Studio asks for an 'activation code', but nothing like 'ABCDEF' or '12345' or 'password' or even the "Material Code" number printed below the serial number on the packaging the camera came from. It seems to allow a few attempts then starts throwing a 'network error' rather than a 'wrong password' message.

My thinking is that the Studio knows the password just as the NVR does, but its being kept hidden from me, the person who owns the device and paid a hefty chunk of coin for it.

Can anyone offer and tips to pursue this? I'm stumped. I really would like to be able to view the feeds on my PC, and better yet, without having to have the NVR connected to the world wide web.
HI @Pathogen

Do check out Purduephotog's thread:
EZViz NVR setup without a monitor

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
v5.4.4build170621 / v7.3build161115
When the PC is directly connected to the internal NVR network via camera port, it can then see the camera devices,
When doing this, is the PC IP address in the same range as the NVR PoE ports use?
In the normal Hikvision NVRs, that's 192.168.254.x

As a complete long shot - with the PC connected to an unused NVR PoE port, and it's IP address set to a value in the same range as they are using, point the browser at the camera IP address with this URL, replacing the camera IP address as needed :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

In the unlikely event that this pulls out a file - zip it up and attach here and I will take a look at it.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1st set it all up on your phone in the ezviz app or with internet explorer on the ezviz webpage.

Ezviz studio is very limited, your better of using IVMS 4200.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1st set it all up on your phone in the ezviz app or with internet explorer on the ezviz webpage.

Ezviz studio is very limited, your better of using IVMS 4200.
Did you ever figure out what password to use in IVMS4200 to get into the NVR? I can not, nor can I add the cameras to a POE hub and have them work.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found the password for the camera; I can now add it to the Blue Iris to view. However there is no webserver running, so no configuration. I'm going to put a switch in between the two and mirror the port to see what traffic is going on.

That said, there is a serial port, but I don't have a 4 pin 1.0mm cable and I dont' feel like soldering. I'll see if I can break it down further.

I'll get some higher resolution shots of the body and whatnot, and hopefully someone can tell me what this is 'rebranded' from.

MyMama

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the password for the camera; I can now add it to the Blue Iris to view. However there is no webserver running, so no configuration. I'm going to put a switch in between the two and mirror the port to see what traffic is going on.

That said, there is a serial port, but I don't have a 4 pin 1.0mm cable and I dont' feel like soldering. I'll see if I can break it down further.

I'll get some higher resolution shots of the body and whatnot, and hopefully someone can tell me what this is 'rebranded' from.
PM me if you are willing to share the default password. I have the exact camera but not able to get past the Hikvision login without the password.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PM me if you are willing to share the default password. I have the exact camera but not able to get past the Hikvision login without the password.
Wait, you have this camera- and it has a web interface? Then I want your firmware! :) I've got nothing :(* and it's really frustrating.

I have two that haven't been attached to the NVR yet, maybe it does something nasty to them...