Failed Motion Detection - Car broken into...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For the first option, create a cloned camera and set it to record 24/7..you can even assign it to record to a different drive...(hide the clone so you dont see duplicates)
For the second option, simply set the cams to record 24/7 which leaving motion enabled...this will generate icons in the timeline to indicate a motion event...

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For camera's that are used for primary security they should always be set 24/7 recording for Secondary area's I.E internals or small trap areas motion is ok.

In the UK CCTV is only used to protect your own property and boarders due to privacy laws, strange how that goes out the window when someone who has no security gets robbed.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when I added the cloned camera to run 24x7, it drove my CPU up to 92% with one of my 5 cameras... meh. I bought a cheap eyesurv $99 NVR, locked it away in a closet and have it recording 24x7.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when I added the cloned camera to run 24x7, it drove my CPU up to 92% with one of my 5 cameras... meh. I bought a cheap eyesurv $99 NVR, locked it away in a closet and have it recording 24x7.
Was that camera set to record direct to disc? What processor are you running?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes it is... an i7 hyperthreaded quad core. 16gb of ram.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4790k, 4.0ghz, 5 2332s running 20fps at 1080p, all direct to disk. OS is on an SSD, video is on a surveillance seagate 1tb sata...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4790k, 4.0ghz, 5 2332s running 20fps at 1080p, all direct to disk. OS is on an SSD, video is on a surveillance seagate 1tb sata...
Something is not right...that system setup run at about 20 percent...were you remoting in via teamviewer or something?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah I have no idea, I built this system from scratch, virgin installation of Win7 Pro 64bit, no A/V software installed, no other apps installed other than the HikTools, and TeamViewer for remote console when I'm not in my office to view it. I've tried disabling TeamViewer in windows services just to see if that was it as well. No Go.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah I have no idea, I built this system from scratch, virgin installation of Win7 Pro 64bit, no A/V software installed, no other apps installed other than the HikTools, and TeamViewer for remote console when I'm not in my office to view it. I've tried disabling TeamViewer in windows services just to see if that was it as well. No Go.
Are all the windows updates and latest drivers installed?
What does the system idle at normally?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've sent a total of 5 emails to him, not a single one has ever been replied to. (Part of my frustration with BI is the lack of documentation, tutorials, and support) but yes I do know that he is a 1 man band, and that he is super busy. It would be nice tho if you sent an email, at least he would setup a ticketing system, where you would get a ticket # and response trackability.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've sent a total of 5 emails to him, not a single one has ever been replied to. (Part of my frustration with BI is the lack of documentation, tutorials, and support) but yes I do know that he is a 1 man band, and that he is super busy. It would be nice tho if you sent an email, at least he would setup a ticketing system, where you would get a ticket # and response trackability.
He generally responds to emails...it is possible that yours is going to spam..try a using different email address..I would start will uninstalling and starting clean.