Feedback on camera placement

lukmm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Sort of noob here; been reading up a lot.
I have created a layout of the house and shown arrows where I am thinking of putting the camera and their direction. The red arrows are 2MP starlights, the blue ones are 4K Lorex/Dahua from Costco (6 camera system).

The left side and the back side of the house are above a watershed area and not much activity there other than trees and some wildlife. Hence, I have mostly focused on the front and side yard. One camera is focused solely on the front door.

I feel like I can use less cameras especially around the back door. Appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Attachments

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
Sort of noob here; been reading up a lot.
I have created a layout of the house and shown arrows where I am thinking of putting the camera and their direction. The red arrows are 2MP starlights, the blue ones are 4K Lorex/Dahua from Costco (6 camera system).

The left side and the back side of the house are above a watershed area and not much activity there other than trees and some wildlife. Hence, I have mostly focused on the front and side yard. One camera is focused solely on the front door.

I feel like I can use less cameras especially around the back door. Appreciate any feedback and suggestions.
Welcome Luk,

In general most people will have the following threats:

Porch pirates / Package thieves
Car thieves

Thus I like to ensure that in either case that anyone coming to the front door area or to where the cars are parked will walk through 2 camera field of views to get a better chance at a good facial ID image capture. ( as drunkpenguin points out be certain to place cameras low enough for that chance )