firmware 5.4.0 for R6 anyone tried?

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome thanks I really don't understand how to navigate the US site.

See attached the older firmware enabled me to have WDR on Auto.

I found with the DS-2CD2345-I if I had WDR on at night it would give me a blurry image and i couldn't get peoples faces at all. It has an auto switch so WDR turns of at night and it works great.

These DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 don't seem to suffer from that same issue however and that feature may not be required?

Would be good to get more dialog from Hikvision.

5.4.0.JPG5.3.8.JPG

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Image looks dimmer in 5.4.0.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
had that for months, got direct from hikvision when I was helping them debug firmware, it make no difference, only difference I can see it adds 'High profile' to gui in cam.

Lorian

n3wb
Reaction score
had that for months, got direct from hikvision when I was helping them debug firmware, it make no difference, only difference I can see it adds 'High profile' to gui in cam.
How did that go - any indication if they have got to the bottom of the issue - I'm assuming its regarding the weird I-Frame/pixilation issue that occurs since 5.4.0. Still there in 5.4.1 alas.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
dead silence since august, when they admitted there was a bug in firmware. As of yet no bug fix or replies to my emails / Skype pm's. like you waiting for the fix.