First time setup, cameras not working

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very hard to read ,is that error from when you select modify ?
EDIT : Is it only D2 that's offline ?
The password that you used was it the one on the camera box.
With a NVR 4.0 GUI, SADP can be disable to check you need to log in to the NVR via the web GUI

Last edited:

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, that's the error message after selecting modify. It only stays up a few seconds. I'll check the Web gui for sadp settings

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey vette-kid, I had a similar error message (2015) after running through the 'R0 BrickfixV2' process. I did some Googling which was inconclusive. What I did to resolve it was go to another PC in my LAN that was running SADP Tool and did it from there, problem solved. Once it was activated and on line, there was no problem. My thinking was that it had something to do with an IP address issue as the first PC had the IP address changed to match the Camera. I didn't think that SADP was fussy about this but perhaps it was under those certain circumstances. You can refer to my post below:

Thank you Alastair.

I have a Chinese version DS-2CD3132-I Camera that started on v5.3.(something) that got bricked in Feb 2017 when I tried to do a firmware update. I followed the 'mtd hacking' sticky(ies) at the time and got it back to 5.2.5 in English but accepted that it couldn't be updated until I saw your posts. Concerned about the 'back door' issue I have followed your instructions and went direct to v5.4.5. Everything went reasonably according to script but I have had a few issues I thought I should share as follows:

1. I kept getting a fail on the last step of Stage 1. I changed the active folder for the TFTP software to save the 'mtd files' closer to the root of C Drive and then it worked. I expect where I had everything set up in a documents folder made the path too long. I shifted the digicap.dav file there too.

2. Once the Camera rebooted after the v5.4.5 firmware install and appeared in SADP Tool I couldn't 'Activate' it for love nor money. No matter the password combination I kept getting a "Error 2015:Others" response. However, I went to another PC on my Network with SADP Tool and went through the process there and it worked fine. After activation I was then able to update network configuration and return my main PC back on the same IP range as normal. Perhaps it was because my main PC was still set as 192.0.0.128 ?

3. Logging in to the Web GUI, there is no Live View. After about 5-6 seconds a box appears down the right lower corner 'Live View Failed'. I can go to configuration and all other tabs no problem. I checked in iVMS-4200 and the Live View worked after I added the device and did a Camera reboot, but still nothing in the browser. I downloaded Onvif Device Manager and both Live Video and Video Streaming are working off the main stream. However, intermittently a red box appears momentarily that says No Signal. It clears after a couple of seconds and then keeps working so that maybe a network issue which I still need to confirm. I have downloaded the Web Components package for IE that you recommended on another thread but am yet to do an install and restart the browser. It is currently running 3.0.6.1 so I will try that later and report the result.

Thanks again for your great effort and enthusiastic interest. It is inspirational to see you respond to every comment with such care and consideration. You are truly a legend.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well SADP is enabled on the nvr. I checked through the Web GUI as well as directly through the nvr.

I'll try another computer and see what happens, that's a bit more challenging since my other computer is a desktop and not on the same floor.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that's the error message after selecting modify. It only stays up a few seconds.
There's reports from yesterday that the new version of SADP will not work with hacked cameras.
There is method that should connect them without using SADP as long as they are true plug/play with the correct password.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As with any method there is a risk with changing IP address and passwords, your NVR has a self-service password reset facility enabled by three security questions and the cameras should have the same. Have you set this up for any working cameras yet?

Hikvision will not offer any password support for grey market equipment.

To limit your risk you could try this on one camera only.
Disconnect all cameras from the NVR and change the password which is used for plug/play to the one on the camera box 123*******.
With a 4.0 GUI it’s either the NVR login or a second password that you have set.

Then connect one only of the hacked 3345’s to a spare port with plug/play settings. It should connect, once connected change the NVR password back to what it was with the camera still connected. It will ask to transfer this new password to all cameras with plug and play settings.

This will only work with cameras that have true plug play still and all the risk is yours.

Good luck

Last edited:

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it is the SADP Tool version causing the issue, perhaps you can uninstall and then install an earlier version from here.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
vette-kid said:
Yes, that's the error message after selecting modify. It only stays up a few seconds.
There's reports from yesterday that the new version of SADP will not work with hacked cameras.
There is method that should connect them without using SADP as long as they are true plug/play with the correct password.

DGWASW, Today at 1:49 PM
I double checked. PC where I could not activate the brickfix Camera is running latest SADP Tool (3.0.0.100)

The PC where I could access and activate the brickfix Camera is running the earlier version of SADP Tool (3.0.0.10)

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I double checked. PC where I could not activate the brickfix Camera is running latest SADP Tool (3.0.0.100)
Interesting.
Also your SADP link and download portal are both offline at present.
With vette-kid setup it’s either SADP or the Lan to USB dongle.
My guess it’s SADP (v3.0.0.100) I use (v3.0.0.10)

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a copy of 3.0.0.10 here if needed. Yes, the Europe portal seems to be down.

Or perhaps try here.

Last edited:

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair.

Perhaps it is best not to remind them....

I have 3.0.0.10 at 29,186KB and 3.0.0100 at 26,571KB. The HikVision download page only provides the one version option which is why I was pointing at different sources.
I checked the HikVision file and it downloads at 29,186KB so it should be OK. There is probably a hash reference or something to be sure but I am not across that. Googling
I even found the Swann download page offered an earlier version but when you click on the link it prompts to save the file version 3.0.0.100. I guess not everything is always
as it seems.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well I just checked the version and I have 3.0.0.10 Odd thing is that I downloaded that directly through hikvision. That is the version they show on the website. I'm a bit confused by all the talk of 3.0.0.10 being the old version as that's the latest they show.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The many Hikvision sites are not always consistent in their offerings.
The Europe Portal usually has the best selection of all types of downloads.
I'm a bit confused by all the talk of 3.0.0.10 being the old version as that's the latest they show.
3.0.0.100 is very new.
3.0.0.10 and 3.0.0.100 here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
But 3.0.0.10 does seem to be the most common.
3.0.0.10 here :Tools
3.0.0.10 (new) here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
3.0.0.10 here : ftp://ftp.hikvision.ru/09.%20%D0%A3%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%8B/SADP/
3.0.0.14 here : 海康威视是以视频为核心的物联网解决方案提供商
3.0.0.10 here : Hikvision USA
2.2.3.6 here : Tools
3.0.0.9 here : http://www.hikvision.co.uk/Tools_82.html
3.0.0.10 here : http://www.hikvision.com.au/tools_82.html
3.0.0.10 here : http://www.hikvision.ca/en/Tools_82.html

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the computer firewall set to allow SADP access on local networks ?.
I'll have to check, but I can see the devices through SADP. I just cannot seem to modify. I have not tried to modify any settings on the nvr or other cameras though. I'll check when I get home.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
vette-kid, the code for the subject Cameras that you listed (DS-2CS3345-I) doesn't appear to exist but that seems to be just a typo.

However, DS-2CD3345-I listed on the SADP screen does come up. It is not listed on HikVision Global but is listed on HikVision Chinese market web page.

I also found a seller on Ali Express and if you check they put a clear note in Red Text about not trying to upgrade the firmware. This supports what Andy
from Empire Tech posted about them being hacked versions.

This Camera is probably set on the R6 platform so I am not sure what your options might be if there is a problem with them or they are not compatible
with your NVR. It might be best to wait and see what Andy gets back from his HikVision contact as he mentioned in Post #9 ?

It doesn't seem that it is the same SADP Tool version issue that perhaps caused the problem that I experienced.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just going through this again, the very first image you posted has an error message for Camera 3 as "The User..."

Everything post that is referring to a network error because of an IP Address range difference. Perhaps it still comes down to being a password issue ???

There are some other threads on this site, here and here, that might be worth reading through.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bamix, yes it was a typo 2CD3345 is correct. Really wish I had read these posts before ordering these, I would have stayed away.