[FIXED]Help Needed: Cameras keep disconnecting and reconnecting after Dahua NVR firmware update to V4 from V3.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are some details:
NVR: DHI-NVR5216-8P-4KS2E

2 X CAMERA(Type1): DH-IPC-EBW81230 (DAHUA); SYSTEM VERSION: 2.800.0000010.0.R

4 X CAMERA(Type2): IPC-HDW5831R-ZE (NO LABEL); SYSTEM VERSIONS: 2.622.0000000.7.R, 2019-06-19. AND 2.622.0000000.9.R, 2019-12-10

I asked the vendor (Andy) I purchased the above products if there were any firmware updates. He referred me to NVR5208/16-8P-4KS2E (dahuasecurity.com) for updating the NVR. I did the update and after booting up the cameras started behaving as I stated. I had not changed any of the settings. Please help.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Must be a misunderstanding. I think he has his own list of Firmware to support his models. I dont thing the dahua site firmware will work with his hardware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes Dahua firmware will work on Andy's equipment UNLESS you are trying to load the firmware for the wrong device or a same model/different chipset version.

I hope in your case the release notes mentioned fixing an issue you were having as most of us don't update if the device is working for our needs....

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes Dahua firmware will work on Andy's equipment UNLESS you are trying to load the firmware for the wrong device or a same model/different chipset version.

I hope in your case the release notes mentioned fixing an issue you were having as most of us don't update if the device is working for our needs....
Andy gave me the link for the specific nvr I wanted to update. Decided to update nvr’s firmware to fix a present and persistent issue with one of my cameras shutting off when there was consistent motion being recorded. Otherwise I would have left the firmware alone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That could be you are exceeding the bandwidth of the NVR and motion bumps up the bittate to beyond NVR capacity and it blacks out.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the 16P version, its a workhorse.
More detail would be helpful. Are they continuously off/on? what rate roughly?

Have you tried to isolate individual cameras to see if one is creating a problem? I'd start by unplugging one of the 12MP cams, reboot and see what you get. Then unplug another. Kinda wonder if you dont have some kind of IP conflict

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the 16P version, its a workhorse.
More detail would be helpful. Are they continuously off/on? what rate roughly?

Have you tried to isolate individual cameras to see if one is creating a problem? I'd start by unplugging one of the 12MP cams, reboot and see what you get. Then unplug another. Kinda wonder if you dont have some kind of IP conflict
Had not tried isolating individual cameras to ferret out the one causing the problem. I will give that a go. I had plugged out all the cameras; turned off the nvr for a minute; turned it back on and plugged in all the cameras. I noticed that the cameras' visual feeds on the monitor were no longer disconnecting and reconnecting to/from the network with the same rapid frequency. And, instead of all the cameras being affected there were just three (all 4K cameras). The 12MP cameras have been consistently reliable since plugging them all back into the NVR. This was all yesterday. Today I notice that only two of the 4K cameras seem to be giving me issues: one will freeze; then disconnect with the message "10.1.1.xx Network Disconnected". The camera will be out for about 20 seconds or more, then just as it's about to reconnect to the network the other 4K camera will freeze, disconnect…the cycle repeats. As I type this I see all the cameras working as they should…nope…spoke too soon…one just froze again but came back without giving me the error message or triggering the other one to disconnect.

As for IP conflict…I wouldn't know what to look for, so please let me know which screen grab would help. Thanks for taking the time to help.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you changed any network settings on the cameras themselves? Not the NVR, the direct camera interface?

Can you show a screenshot of the camera registration page with them all plugged in?
CamRegV4-PoE.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It really is starting to sound like a bandwidth being exceeded issue.

What FPS and bitrate are you running the cameras?

Has this been happening since day one or did you recently add a camera or up FPS/bitrate and then problems happened?

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It really is starting to sound like a bandwidth being exceeded issue.

What FPS and bitrate are you running the cameras?
Quick answer is maximum f/s and bitrate. So for the 4K cameras: FPS = 25; Bit Rate (Kb/s) = Custom. The 12MP cameras: FPS = 25; Bit Rate = 10240Kb/s.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - for kicks drop the two 12MP cams down to 5FPS and 1000 bitrate and see if it settles out.

If not then do same for a couple of the 4K cams.

If the system gets stable, then you know you are exceeding the bandwidth of the NVR and need to run lower resolution, bitrate or FPS.

BTW - we see this all the time and doing this gets a system stable. Some have had to go to multiple NVRs to run all the higher resolution cameras they have.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK - for kicks drop the two 12MP cams down to 5FPS and 1000 bitrate and see if it settles out.

If not then do same for a couple of the 4K cams.

If the system gets stable, then you know you are exceeding the bandwidth of the NVR and need to run lower resolution, bitrate or FPS.

BTW - we see this all the time and doing this gets a system stable.
Will try this.
Question: If I did want to run all 6 cameras at maximum FPS and Bit Rate it sounds as if I would need a different NVR with that capability?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will try this.
Question: If I did want to run all 6 cameras at maximum FPS and Bit Rate it sounds as if I would need a different NVR with that capability?
Possibly if you get an NVR with much greater bandwidth, but even then you are running a lot of high resolution and many folks have needed to go to mulitple NVRs to support their cams.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Possibly if you get an NVR with much greater bandwidth, but even then you are running a lot of high resolution and many folks have needed to go to mulitple NVRs to support their cams.
So two NVRs. I will search the forums for that. Cheers.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Parley is one of the members I recall having to run more than one NVR for his high resolution cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running one 4K cam at 10240 and one at 16Mbs plus 6 4MP cams at 10240 all at 30fps - same NVR except 16P vs 8P
The NVR should handle it

Max 320 Mbps incoming bandwidth
Up to 24MP resolution for live view and playback
> 1-channel fisheye dewarping (AI by NVR)