[FIXED]Help Needed: Cameras keep disconnecting and reconnecting after Dahua NVR firmware update to V4 from V3.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good catch. ^^^^^
What's the significance? I'm asking out of pure ignorance and a desire to know. I made sure to include since bandwidth had been queried a few times.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the significance? I'm asking out of pure ignorance and a desire to know. I made sure to include since bandwidth had been queried a few times.
From my standpoint only that you are close to being maxed out on the incoming bandwidth. Earlier, I added up your KBPS from each camera as advertised and they did not come close to the 320 MBPS maximum. I was just wondering what was up with that.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From my standpoint only that you are close to being maxed out on the incoming bandwidth. Earlier, I added up your KBPS from each camera as advertised and they did not come close to the 320 MBPS maximum. I was just wondering what was up with that.
I have an IVS on each of the cameras, a few have more than one. Does that effect increased bandwidth?

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any luck with the Default? I had two bourbons for you since we last chatted
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The two bourbons put it over the top.

Seriously, I did the factory reset according to your instructional -very good by the way. Used -and will continue to only use- the Web GUI to do the reset and set up. Cameras have not disconnected since I plugged them in around 7:40am, this morning. Thanks a lot for you help.

Question: In the picture affixed, the IP address pointed to belongs to which device/client?

Attachments

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah it really seems to be leaning towards something went wonky with the firmware update and hopefully the factory resets and reflashing will get you going again.
FIXED!!!! Did a factory reset according to Bigredfish's instructions.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you to all that spent time to puzzle out this problem over part of your weekend. I will respond to those individually so that they get a push notification saying same.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The two bourbons put it over the top.

Seriously, I did the factory reset according to your instructional -very good by the way. Used -and will continue to only use- the Web GUI to do the reset and set up. Cameras have not disconnected since I plugged them in around 7:40am, this morning. Thanks a lot for you help.

Question: In the picture affixed, the IP address pointed to belongs to which device/client?
Bourbon helps everything;)

Hard to say what that IP is. I have seen my printer, a streaming box, another NVR, stand alone wifi camera?

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bourbon helps everything;)

Hard to say what that IP is. I have seen my printer, a streaming box, another NVR, stand alone wifi camera?
I have 3 Nest cameras. I'm baffled the NVR would pick those/one up. I'll do a IP address search on my router. Thanks again.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes

Turn off H.265 use H.264H

Get to the web UI I referred to, under "Maintain"
View attachment 162947 View attachment 162948

I would unplug the cameras first, assuming you havent changed passwords from initial setup, when the NVR reboots , and you intiate it by saying no to the nag screen for P2P, plug cameras back in one at a time. Cameras currently have the same master password you origianly set on the NVR. Recommend you use that same password again

Refer to this post
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

When you connect each camera back to the NVR, the first thing to do after they appear in the bottom pane, is to log into them and change from H.265 to H.264.H
Unfortunately the newer NVRs default to H.265 which sucks for various reasons. We can revisit later.
Why is H.265 bad compared to H.264.H?