Foscam C1 Lite and FI9853EP ddns and port forwarding question

Reaction score
Hi all,

I apologise for the double posting. I can delete the previous thread I posted on the newbie section because nobody answers my question.

I wanted to access my Foscam C1 Lite and FI9853EP from work over ddns and/or port forwarding. It doesn't work until now. I can't access the cameras with the cameraid.myfoscam.org from outside the home network. I have set all prerequisites on the router and ip cam browser client at home. What should I do?

Thanks.

Reaction score
It's for my experiment. I'm trying to cyberjack them :( But I can't get them online and be exposed.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Really?
I presume it's not on your home LAN along with all your other devices and your valuable and sensitive data ...

Reaction score
No, it's not on my private LAN, fortunately.

Thanks very much for the concern, :)

Last edited:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
What prerequisites did you set up on the router?

Reaction score
What prerequisites did you set up on the router?
port forwarding: static ip address for both devices, set up the ports that should be stayed open
ddns: set on the ddns option on the web UI of the cameras

DDNS set up according to the faq; How to fix issue that DDNS is failed on HD camera?-Foscam Support - FAQs
port forwarding set up according to the faq: How to set up port forwarding on a router for HD camera?-Foscam Support - FAQs

I did all of what foscam faq told me to do.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
OK - so are you using port 1818 as in the article? Whichever port you've chosen you can use the port check tool to make sure it is open - located here Open Port Checker

Reaction score
So does it report that port 1818 is "OPEN"?
Are you putting a colon and the forwarded port, in this case "1818", at the end of your URL, as in:

Code:
http://Your-WAN-IP:1818
or
http://Your-DDNS-hostname:1818
yes

Reaction score
Maybe your WAN IP is not being properly resolved by your DDNS.
Go to whatismyip.com, get your "public" IP and try that with " http://Your-WAN-IP:1818 "

BTW, who is your ISP and what type (cable, DSL, satellite, LTE/cellular, etc.) of Internet access do you have?
my isp is 1&1 and I use dsl. I tried and it worked like a charm. But I still can't use the ddns-name.myfoscam.org and I'd really like to use ddns name. I had tried ddns with noip, it didn't work as well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my isp is 1&1 and I use dsl. I tried and it worked like a charm. But I still can't use the ddns-name.myfoscam.org and I'd really like to use ddns name. I had tried ddns with noip, it didn't work as well.
Great!
How does the WAN info get sent to ddns-name.myfoscam.org ? Is it via the camera?
FWIW, I've been using no-ip for 5 years with no hitch....let's hear about how the WAN info is sent to your DDNS.

Reaction score
Great!
How does the WAN info get sent to ddns-name.myfoscam.org ? Is it via the camera?
FWIW, I've been using no-ip for 5 years with no hitch....let's hear about how the WAN info is sent to your DDNS.
I don't know about that. I just open the ports that needed to be stayed open, just like the manual said. On the DDNS menu in the camera's Web Interface I only enable the DDNS and uPnP options. on the device status it said that ddns status is 'success' with the ddns-id and port

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I just open the ports that needed to be stayed open, just like the manual said. On the DDNS menu in the camera's Web Interface I only enable the DDNS and uPnP options. on the device status it said that ddns status is 'success' with the ddns-id and port
Generally you have a username and password associated with the DDNS service and the device (camera, NVR, router, PC) uses those credentials to log into the DDNS and refreshes a specific hostname with the latest WAN IP either periodically or if/when it changes.