FTP storage for various types of IP cameras at different locations

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a number of IP cameras at different locations both for security and to monitor wildlife around the garden. The cameras are pretty basic like eg Foscam C1's and other generic makes but although most of them have SD card storage, I'd really like to be able to FTP to a central storage from different IP addresses.

I'm hoping to spend around £10 / month but perhaps this is an unrealistic figure? Can I ask for other's experiences and recommendations please.

I've no idea how much data I'd be using but it would definitely be less than 1TB / month as the cameras are motion detecting rather than continuous.

I'd thought about trying to setup my PC at home to record from the different locations but I think it's much too complicated for me.

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just tried the Blue Iris Cloud but unfortunately it doesn't work for Foscam. Any other cloud suggestions appreciated.

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I needed something urgent so I used the Foscam cloud which worked out around £40 / year. A little expensive but the play back is decent and it has a 7 day history.

I then discovered which allow me to connect 10 cameras with storage up to 24GB at £74 for the year with up to 16GB transfer. The beauty here is that it's a flexible plan. It uses images rather than video and even better is that it has seperate tabs for each camera upload.