Funny / Satire

Hiflyer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know what happened 173 years ago this summer....

September 9, 1850?

California became a state! The people had no electricity, the state had no money and almost everyone spoke Spanish. There were gunfights in the streets.

So basically NOTHING has changed except back then the women had real tits and the men didn't hold hands.

And that, my friends, is your history lesson for today.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1692336750128.png

Welder, see’s a wanted ad in the paper, welder needed, 25$-55$ an hour.
Welder comes in for the interview, same scenario as the video.
The welder is left to perform his welds, supervisor returns to inspect them.
The welder has completed two welds side by side.
One weld looks like it was done by a high school kid who just smoked a joint, the other was the finest weld he had ever seen.
The supervisor asks him, what’s going on and why the quality of the welds are so drastically different.
Welder: The ad stated that the position paid 25$-55$ an hour
Supervisor: Yeah…
Welder: Well, that there weld on the left is a 25$ an hour weld, an the one on the right is a 55$ an hour weld, which one would you like sir?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Worked around a PG&E lineman in Northern CA named...Dick Johnson. :lol:
Had an Executive in a company I worked for named Jack Daniels...

Oh yeah, had a girl in our neighborhood back in High School with the name of Mary Fuchs, bet she made sure when she wrote her name the h looked like an h, LOL

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Company I retired from after 36 years provided very large industrial equipment, so large it had to be constructed on site. The construction department was officially called the erection department. One of the guys in that department was named Richard Rising. Although I never spoke to him, coworkers told me he answered his phone with the greeting, ”Erection department, Dick Rising.”