FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - LeChange a Dahua brand appears to be discontinued as the brand iirc is transitioning to another brand name.

In the mean while there are still some deals available on LeChange kits

Lechange 8-Channel 4K UHD NVR with 2TB HDD and 8 "4K" Outdoor Night Vision Bullet Cameras B&H # LENK88P082 MFR # NK88P082
$649.99 - Reg. Price: $1,099.99, Instant Savings: $450.00, Limited supply at this price update

sold out now

B&H - 8 channel NVR + 8 IP POE bullet cameras
Lechange8-Channel 4K UHD NVR with 2TB HDD and 8 4K Outdoor Night Vision Bullet Cameras

Fry's also has some kits available at some of their B&M stores - a bit more than the B&H price, if you live close to a Fry's they may actually price match the above deal.

Notes:
Dahua OEM
8 port NVR appears to be the Dahua OEM NVR4108-8P-4KS2 model ( the "lite" version and thus may not be able to do IVS on the NVR - though the cameras should still have that ability ) - holds one SATA HDD, 8 channels / POE ports
Cameras appear to be the Dahua OEM IPC-HFW48xx model - good solid cameras - similar to the Amcrest IP POE 8MP Bullet models currently sold for $144

Ignoring the NVR and HDD => $650/8 = $81.25 per camera
Counting the 2TB HDD value as $60 => $590 / 8 = $73.75 per camera

The NVR w/o HDD goes for about $180-200 from various Chinese vendors
If we assign a value of $200 for the NVR and HDD then $450 / 8 = $56.25 per camera.

As you can see, using various estimates of the NVR + HDD value the cameras will be $56.25-81.25 each. A very nice deal.

Last edited:

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently picked up the 8 port 4x camera setup deal from Frys.

So far so good and the quality is great compared to my old Foscam setup...

A few questions for any other LeChange kit users --

Anyone tried cross flashing the Dahua firmwares to the nvr or cams yet?

Do other oem Dahua cams work "out of the box" with this nvr?

Anyone interested in pics of anything from this kit?

I would mainly be interested in the firmware aspect of things since I may be able to get a little more life out of this setup with future firmware Dahua revisions...

Thanks for any further input!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently picked up the 8 port 4x camera setup deal from Frys.

So far so good and the quality is great compared to my old Foscam setup...

A few questions for any other LeChange kit users --

Anyone tried cross flashing the Dahua firmwares to the nvr or cams yet?

Do other oem Dahua cams work "out of the box" with this nvr?

Anyone interested in pics of anything from this kit?

I would mainly be interested in the firmware aspect of things since I may be able to get a little more life out of this setup with future firmware Dahua revisions...

Thanks for any further input!
HI @d.lux

LeChange = Dahua, so I would expect the firmware to be Dahua OEM except with the LeChange branding. Also use caution with any NVR firmware update - the lite NVRs some reports here that some firmware updates removes the IVS functionality when using the Dahua OEM firmware.

Last edited:

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another quick question while I am thinking of it...

Will Dahua cams plug into this NVR using the "LeChange" firmware (in the NVR)

I looked at the manual for the Dahua NVRs, and the interface is almost if not identical to the LeChange interface.

Wanting to add a few more cams and some of the Dahua PoE cams are pretty appeling...

Just curious and thanks...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another quick question while I am thinking of it...

Will Dahua cams plug into this NVR using the "LeChange" firmware (in the NVR)

I looked at the manual for the Dahua NVRs, and the interface is almost if not identical to the LeChange interface.

Wanting to add a few more cams and some of the Dahua PoE cams are pretty appeling...

Just curious and thanks...
Hi d.lux - you should be able to do that w/o too many issues. Just remember to sync the IP, port, and user/password settings between the NVR and cameras.

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I can just pick up a few Dahuas and plug them in and go?

Reason I need a few more cams is I have some dead spots and would like 2way comms and get a few nice low light cams...

Last night someone decided to steal my Christmas decorations...

I need to sit with the nvr and dial in IVS...Motion alerts are tripping like crazy and I have been ignoring them...If I had alarming setup proper, it would have been a useful event...

Can I get alarm notification "pushes" to my phone for IVS trips?

I have "alarm upload" checked, but no events are coming through...

Sorry to thread derail

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Reason I need a few more cams is I have some dead spots and would like 2way comms and get a few nice low light cams...

I need to sit with the nvr and dial in IVS...Motion alerts are tripping like crazy and I have been ignoring them...If I had alarming setup proper, it would have been a useful event...

Sorry to thread derail
HI @d.lux

I would definitely add a couple of the low light Dahua OEM starlights to the kit for color at night - should be a fairly easy add.

As to IVS tuning - I'm no expert on this subject and I would rather setup an alarm sensor and feed that to a camera which has an alarm input or to the NVR.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Lechange 8-channel kit (maybe 6 months ago)

Does anyone know where on earth I can find a compatible firmware file? weather it be LeChange or Dahua. I have searched and searched but the only one ive found failed when i attempted to use it)
Welcome @Looking at Attachments

Not certain about the best place for the firmware, for those following ( this discussion ) I believe:

The IP POE LeChange kits NVRs iirc were Dahua NVR4xxx-xP-4ks2 models

Suspect the cameras were IPC-HFW48xx ..

Last edited:

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Sorry to thread derail

Sorry to thread derail
Yes you can have IVS trip notifications sent to you on your phone . I have motion and ivs setup but I only get notifications for ivs. If you stillstill help I can send some screenshots to assist you .

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Levin83 that would be very helpful, I have tried all kinds of configs...

I was thinking of setting up my smtp server (in the nvr) to email me a text message on alerts :p

@Looking at Attachments , just for reference, my NVR is 3.215.0000000.3

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Levin83 that would be very helpful, I have tried all kinds of configs...

I was thinking of setting up my smtp server (in the nvr) to email me a text message on alerts :p

@Looking at Attachments , just for reference, my NVR is 3.215.0000000.3
Hey just to confirm before I start taking screenshots, you're talking about getting ivs notifications to your phone via gdmss or idmss app right?

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, something strange happened today and I am unsure what is going on.

It appears the NVR "can't process" all 4 cameras running at 4k simultaneously?

I "restored everything" to factory settings and started over and the issue still persists.

What is going on is, when the NVR boots up to the camera grid screen, all cameras will not show up and when viewing the cameras individually, the video appears laggy.

An example would be cameras 1 and 3 will be visible, but 2 and 4 will be a black square.

What is strange is when I click into camera 2 or 4, they become visible to view.

When I leave the cams fullscreen view, now cams 2 and 3 will be visible and 1 and 4 will be a black screen???

Also when in full screen view, i can see the video "pulsating" and appearing at time "laggy".

I am slightly confused as to what is going on as it was "all working fine" up until I began looking at IVS settings this morning.

After thinking I adjusted something wrong and resetting to factory settings and the problem continues, I am unsure what the issue might be...

Another note is when I downgrade my camera res to something like 1080, everything appears to work as desired minus the fact the video quality is out the window.

Any insight to this?

Should I start a new thread on the issue instead of piggy-backing here?

Any input is helpful.

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a limitation of the hardware. It can't display all those 4k streams at once but it'll still record just fine. If you have a split of 4 screens one of them should be set as main stream automatically and the rest substream. If you double click on any of them it should be displayed in main stream .

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, something strange happened today and I am unsure what is going on.

It appears the NVR "can't process" all 4 cameras running at 4k simultaneously?

I "restored everything" to factory settings and started over and the issue still persists.

What is going on is, when the NVR boots up to the camera grid screen, all cameras will not show up and when viewing the cameras individually, the video appears laggy.

An example would be cameras 1 and 3 will be visible, but 2 and 4 will be a black square.

What is strange is when I click into camera 2 or 4, they become visible to view.

When I leave the cams fullscreen view, now cams 2 and 3 will be visible and 1 and 4 will be a black screen???

Also when in full screen view, i can see the video "pulsating" and appearing at time "laggy".

I am slightly confused as to what is going on as it was "all working fine" up until I began looking at IVS settings this morning.

After thinking I adjusted something wrong and resetting to factory settings and the problem continues, I am unsure what the issue might be...

Another note is when I downgrade my camera res to something like 1080, everything appears to work as desired minus the fact the video quality is out the window.

Any insight to this?

Should I start a new thread on the issue instead of piggy-backing here?

Any input is helpful.
Hi d.lux,

Try H.264 and see if you get any difference. H.264 uses less compute resources than H.265. When you add IVS features to the cameras, they will be using more compute resources.

Remember the NVRs are low powered devices, and their primary purpose is to record the video streams - as computational tasks increases eventually the processing power will run short.

Also check that you are attempting to view a lower res stream from the cameras on the monitor.

If you are attempting to view all your cameras at the "4K" resolution - eventually the processing power will hit a limit and some of the video tiles will be black and you'll see an error message that it can not decode the stream ( basically it is telling you that you ran out of processing power )

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I will keep messing with it...

I figured it was just running short on cpu horsepower.

Did I read something that the 16 port NVR had a little more "umph" to it than the 8 port?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I will keep messing with it...

I figured it was just running short on cpu horsepower.

Did I read something that the 16 port NVR had a little more "umph" to it than the 8 port?
Hi D.lux,

Yes, in general the 16 channel models have more processing power. ( look at the specs on how much bandwidth they can handle )

For the next step up I would suggest testing a PC with the Dahua OEM smartpss as well as Blue Iris on a PC on the video feeds - as you can get a nice used PC which will have significantly more processing power than those NVRs. ( look for a newer gen i5/i7 if you do not already have a PC to test with ) This would give you an idea of a PC based VMS software alternative or parallel system to the NVR.

Cajun Bob

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah - good catch Andy! If those NVR's are the "lite" NVR4xxx models they might be getting near their limits with all 4K cameras as you mention and then would also be very limited on some of the more advanced functionality of the pro series NVR5xxx models. On the plus side for those basic cameras, Dahua does indicate they have all metal casings.
Mix Man SC is there any way to Private Message you. I'd like your help on a project. Thanks Cajun Bob.