FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

kavanoz

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this NVR last year, unpacked, tested and put in my storage as I didn't have time to install wiring for the cameras. Now when I try to logon, I couldn't remember the admin password. There is a forgot password option where you capture the text via QR code and send to support email address. I sent them 3 emails and received no response.
I tried Dahua default passwords and temporarily daily password generator but none of them worked for Le Change NVR.
I opened the box and saw a button on the lower left corner, close to the heat sink, hoping it was the reset button. I pushed on it while running, while booting, unplug the power and plug while pushing, long press (10, 20, 30 secs), repeating short presses but nothing worked.

What can I do to reset this thing?

Another question on the installation of the bullet cameras that came with this set. I want to install them under the soffit/eave. It looks like I I will be able to adjust the vertical angle (up/down) but there is no way to adjust horizontal angle. So I have to activate it, check the picture, adjust the angle, mark the position and screw it. Is that it or am I missing something?

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rotate the mount to allow the notch to be horizontal to achieve left/right position.

The ball will allow up down...

My setup was open box and had a password, iirc, there was a "different" email to send inquiries to for them to reset the PW

They needed the UPC and a pic of the receipt to be able to reset it

On a side topic, I want to keep IVS and Face detection, although the NVR does appear to be lacking horsepower when all 6 cameras are running.

Recorded video sometimes is "jittery", although this is just the NVR itself, not the recorded video (can verify via PC streaming)

Also noted is there is some kind of "pulsing" action going on in my real-time video.

I don't know how to explain it other than that...It appears to happen every 5 seconds or so, I can see the image kind-of pulse.

Any idea what this is?

Other than that, it has been a great setup for the price point and the image is hands down better than my old fo**am setup..

Would be nice to have alarming contacts, but maybe on my next NVR...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought this NVR last year, unpacked, tested and put in my storage as I didn't have time to install wiring for the cameras. Now when I try to logon, I couldn't remember the admin password. There is a forgot password option where you capture the text via QR code and send to support email address. I sent them 3 emails and received no response.
I tried Dahua default passwords and temporarily daily password generator but none of them worked for Le Change NVR.
I opened the box and saw a button on the lower left corner, close to the heat sink, hoping it was the reset button. I pushed on it while running, while booting, unplug the power and plug while pushing, long press (10, 20, 30 secs), repeating short presses but nothing worked.

Another question on the installation of the bullet cameras that came with this set. I want to install them under the soffit/eave. It looks like I I will be able to adjust the vertical angle (up/down) but there is no way to adjust horizontal angle. So I have to activate it, check the picture, adjust the angle, mark the position and screw it. Is that it or am I missing something?
Hi @Salih Albayrak

iirc there should be a reset button on the camera, which should allow a factory reset.. not certain what the password would be after that.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
worst case you can potentially reset it by tftping the firmware. tread lightly and read carefully.

kavanoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Rotate the mount to allow the notch to be horizontal to achieve left/right position.

The ball will allow up down...
I was about to write to say that that the part (where the screw to tighten the ball is located) is fixed to the base and cannot be rotated. Then I applied more force and it rotated. That was what I was missing.

Thanks for the guidance.

I think he is looking for the login to the NVR :)
Yes and finally support people responded to my emails. But the code they sent had expired, since it had been more than 24 hours when it was generated. I requested a new code and they responded immediately. I guess they don't work on the weekend. I was able to reset the password and logon.

Manual firmware update check for the camera and NVR always time out. And I could not find any firmware files on Le Change site. Did anyone flash Dahua firmware to the NVR or cameras in order to take advantage of more mainstream support for updates?

maxxborist

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting duplicate push notifications using iDMSS. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Ford Fleks

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi Kavanoz,

I was in the exact same situation: bought it last summer, tested it and put it away. Finally ran the cables for the 1st two cameras this past week. Hooked everything up and, of course, could not remember the password or the unlock pattern. So I changed the "Reset Type" to "Security Question" option instead of "QR code" and was able to reset the password. But then my cameras would not connect. I was getting the message that the basically indicated that the user login credentials were incorrect. After tinkering and with it for a while, checking the wiring and directing few choice words at it, I arrived at the conclusion that, when I initially tested the cameras, the NVR login settings that I used for the NVR, passed through to to the cameras' settings. Once I reset the password on the NVR, they (passwords) no longer matched and thus cameras were not connecting. So i ended up resetting the cameras and that did the trick. To reset the camera I had to remove the little cover on the bottom that says SD Card. I hope this helps and save some other folks time.

Ford

kavanoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Kavanoz,

I was in the exact same situation: bought it last summer, tested it and put it away. Finally ran the cables for the 1st two cameras this past week. Hooked everything up and, of course, could not remember the password or the unlock pattern. So I changed the "Reset Type" to "Security Question" option instead of "QR code" and was able to reset the password. But then my cameras would not connect. I was getting the message that the basically indicated that the user login credentials were incorrect. After tinkering and with it for a while, checking the wiring and directing few choice words at it, I arrived at the conclusion that, when I initially tested the cameras, the NVR login settings that I used for the NVR, passed through to to the cameras' settings. Once I reset the password on the NVR, they (passwords) no longer matched and thus cameras were not connecting. So i ended up resetting the cameras and that did the trick. To reset the camera I had to remove the little cover on the bottom that says SD Card. I hope this helps and save some other folks time.

Ford
Thank you Ford. I had the same problem with the cameras I used for testing. I was able to use reset using the reset button for the dual cam I got from Andy as it's was already exposed once you remove the cover. For the NVR, I hadn't set secret question so it wasn't an option for me. I guess I hit the support a specific bad time, because my later requests were handled without delay.

deshaun

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in finding a compatible firmware update? From everything I've read, the LeChange box is based on Dahua NVR4XXX or NVR5XXX.
Every time I've tried to flash an update, it fails halfway through.

If anyone with some technical knowledge on modifying the files to work on the LeChange NVR, that would be great. I know there has been success with modifying other rebranded cameras and NVRs.

There have been numerous updates according to the firmware site:
https://dahuawiki.com/images/Firmware/?C=M;O=D

ip_poe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in finding a compatible firmware update? From everything I've read, the LeChange box is based on Dahua NVR4XXX or NVR5XXX.

If anyone with some technical knowledge on modifying the files to work on the LeChange NVR, that would be great. I know there has been success with modifying other rebranded cameras and NVRs.
+1 I'd really like to know as well! Very dissatisfied with the stock buggy firmware from 2017 and absolutely zero support from "LeChange".

Never buying from an unproven brand again, was hoping to be able to upgrade this to Dahua FW. Tempted to just run it through a dedicated PC running BI, or to just bite my loss and buy an NVR with real support.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 I'd really like to know as well! Very dissatisfied with the stock buggy firmware from 2017 and absolutely zero support from "LeChange".

Never buying from an unproven brand again, was hoping to be able to upgrade this to Dahua FW. Tempted to just run it through a dedicated PC running BI, or to just bite my loss and buy an NVR with real support.

There have been numerous updates according to the firmware site:
Index of /images/Firmware
Hi ip_poe, deshaun,

1) iirc the LeChange kits had the Dahua OEM lite NVRs, thus probably the NVR4xxx-xp-4ks2 models. The cameras in the kit should be one of the IPC-HFW48xx models. So you can look for firmware for those. ( perhaps there's a link provided here for that - feel free to point it out if you find it here )

2) LeChange is Dahua's brand, which recently became IMOU iirc. And yes, they certainly screwed up the launch of that brand here in the USA. ( looks like they are having better luck with their purchase of Lorex )

If your NVR dies, you have a few options
A) A new Dahua OEM NVR ( I would go with the NVR52xx model from Andy for those cameras )
B) Dahua's SmartPSS software on a PC + external POE switch
C) Blue Iris ( or other 3rd party VMS ) software on a PC + external POE switch.

The nice thing is that those cameras are using IP standards thus you have some significant flexibility for when you have issues.

Bmr4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do I need to do to eliminate the delay I have for getting my motion events recorded?

Sensitivity is in the 90s
Threshold is 0s
anti-dither is 0s
prerecord is 7s

If a car drives by my house I get the motion alert on my phone but the recording completely misses the car. I have continuous recording also turned on so I have to back up the footage to see the event.

Thanks

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do I need to do to eliminate the delay I have for getting my motion events recorded?

Sensitivity is in the 90s
Threshold is 0s
anti-dither is 0s
prerecord is 7s

If a car drives by my house I get the motion alert on my phone but the recording completely misses the car. I have continuous recording also turned on so I have to back up the footage to see the event.

Thanks
Hi mbr4life,

As this is a Dahua OEM kit you may want to search the Dahua OEM NVR forum / camera threads on this.

Also check if you can prepend some seconds of the video to the motion detection created clip. ( I am not certain if this can be done with the NVR / camera - just what I would look for )

Furthermore, play with the IVS settings - tripwire and intrusion detection.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any news about firmware updates? I downloaded DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.190102.zip unzipped and tried updating via browser with the file DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.190102.bin but it came back with "update failed". It will not take the whole .zip. Chinese (are there any non Chinese???) cameras world is crazy. No proper instructions, bad translations...what a headache.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I uploaded on the forum, make a search and you will find it. You also have to double check if your NVR can be updated, some NVRs/CAMS can't be updated at all.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I uploaded on the forum, make a search and you will find it. You also have to double check if your NVR can be updated, some NVRs/CAMS can't be updated at all.
Can you please provide link to thread? Thanks.