FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,
I read everything thoroughly in this thread so far but I still can't figure out how update my cameras to the Dahua fw.
I have download the Firmware from Dahua and even used the firmware posted it here but it is still not updating.
Where do I find the "romfs-x.squashfs.img" since it is not in the firmware zip that I download.

Thanks in advance.
Open the .bin files as archive and you will find the .img files inside.

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I read everything thoroughly in this thread so far but I still can't figure out how update my cameras to the Dahua fw.
I have download the Firmware from Dahua and even used the firmware posted it here but it is still not updating.
Where do I find the "romfs-x.squashfs.img" since it is not in the firmware zip that I download.

Thanks in advance.
You need to open the .bin file thru a program such as winzip winrar or 7zip to extract the files. I used 7zip and i couldn't extract the files unless i used a hex editor to change the headers at the very first line from DH to PK. After that i was able to extract without any issues. So to reiterate, i used a hed editor named HxD, any one will do fine. Use that to open the firmware.bin file. The first two letters you see are DH, change that to PK and save. After that, i right clicked the firmware.bin file and since i have 7zip installed, i choose 7zip>Open Archive. After that you can extract the files.

Edit i didn't notice BGChicago replied with help

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to open the .bin file thru a program such as winzip winrar or 7zip to extract the files. I used 7zip and i couldn't extract the files unless i used a hex editor to change the headers at the very first line from DH to PK. After that i was able to extract without any issues. So to reiterate, i used a hed editor named HxD, any one will do fine. Use that to open the firmware.bin file. The first two letters you see are DH, change that to PK and save. After that, i right clicked the firmware.bin file and since i have 7zip installed, i choose 7zip>Open Archive. After that you can extract the files.

Edit i didn't notice BGChicago replied with help
Hi,
I think I might have bricked the cam. I waited for like 40 minutes but nothing happen. So i killed the power to the cam. I reset that camera but I can't access it via the x.x.1.108 IP.
Yes, i tried 7zip. It extracting the file but gave me 2 errors.
Thanks

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I think I might have bricked the cam. I waited for like 40 minutes but nothing happen. So i killed the power to the cam. I reset that camera but I can't access it via the x.x.1.108 IP.
Thanks
Run constant pings to cmaera. If you get atleast 1-2 responses after power cycle - its not bricked.

7zip should vomplain about a signle file (i think it was "install"). Just read thru everything again and if you are getting pings after power cycle you will get there.

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Run constant pings to cmaera. If you get atleast 1-2 responses after power cycle - its not bricked.

7zip should vomplain about a signle file (i think it was "install"). Just read thru everything again and if you are getting pings after power cycle you will get there.
I still can ping to the camera but it is in and out. Not consistently like before.
I still can not access via the web gui.

Attachments

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks
Can you post the file name of the firmware you used? If you're not using the 190 mb file, that isn't the full firmware needed to cross flash over to dahua and you will be bricked until you use that file.

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you post the file name of the firmware you used? If you're not using the 190 mb file, that isn't the full firmware needed to cross flash over to dahua and you will be bricked until you use that file.
Hi,
This is the file name DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813 but it is not 190mb.

Attachments

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
This is the file name DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813 but it is not 190mb.
Look at my post, in the first paragraph should find the firmware you need.

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look at my post, in the first paragraph should find the firmware you need.

Hi,
I believe this is the firmware. It is listed as 190.97mb but when I downloaded, it is only 55mb.

Attachments

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is NO 190MB file hosted on Dahua website as I complained a few posts above.

The download says that it is 190 but it downloads as 55mb. I went thru this headache 2 weeks ago.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Read my post #239 on page 12. If you get error missing "update.img" - you will find the solution there (notice what I quoted d.lux).

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. Use this file here. Also, sorry @BGChicago, had i seen your post i would've helped out. I haven't been on this forum in months and i was on today because i was replying on another thread about another nvr i crossflashed and saw a new post notification on this thread.

Edit seems the file is too large to attach here. BRB gonna host it elsewhere

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. Use this file here. Also, sorry @BGChicago, had i seen your post i would've helped out. I haven't been on this forum in months and i was on today because i was replying on another thread about another nvr i crossflashed and saw a new post notification on this thread.

Thankn you very very much.
Gonna try to flash the came again. Hopefully, everything will be fine this time.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

So I guess Dahua quietly changed the archive on their servers? It still shows as 190mb on the download page but once downloaded it is 55mb.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know how long is it to flash the firmware? Once it is completed, is it going to stop the script by itself?
<10 minutes. You should see the end message. Then stop the TFTP server. Otherwise camera will start re-flashing again after reboot.