FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Levin83
After all day troubleshooting, including complete reset of cameras and NVR, I finally figured out the snapshot issue.
Since it worked in the dark, and black and white images are much smaller in file size, I realized that it was a file size issue. The NVR can't proccess a file larger than ~1.2mb(Email or FTP). The default level of 5 produces 1.5mb+ for area with grass and trees. I had to rurn that quality setting down to 2 (Setting located in the NVR under cameras, encode, snapshot tab; note the drop down for schedule vs event)
A camera pointing at street/driveway produces 30-40% smaller file size and this explains why some of my cameras were producing snapshots while others only at night.

I think the NVR is not powerful enough to handle 4x 2160p X265 + 2 secondary streams. The 4.x firmware seems to tax it even more than before.

In the future, I might move the cameras to LAN so they can do some of the work but I wish I could use the NVR PoE instead of getting separate injectors/switch.
Interesting find. I'm not sure about the powerful-ness part. I have 4x 4k cams, 2x amcrest 2k cams 1x dahua 1080p and 1x amcrest 1080p. I don't have any issues recording and having IVS tripwire notifications in the 4 cameras but I never used the ftp part of the nvr.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting find. I'm not sure about the powerful-ness part. I have 4x 4k cams, 2x amcrest 2k cams 1x dahua 1080p and 1x amcrest 1080p. I don't have any issues recording and having IVS tripwire notifications in the 4 cameras but I never used the ftp part of the nvr.
It may be a firmware glitch then although I do recall having this problem 2 years ago but then I gave up on the email snapshots. Is your NVR the 8 port or 16 port?

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It may be a firmware glitch then although I do recall having this problem 2 years ago but then I gave up on the email snapshots. Is your NVR the 8 port or 16 port?
8 port. My cams are set to I think the 4096 bitrate and h265 encoding

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought the Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28mm from Amazon. I think the camera is ONVIF compatible with the NVR but the NVR won't pick up the camera.
I have checked the setting on the camera. I tested it with ONVIF enable and with disable but the NVR won't pick up.
Is it possible to connect other cameras brand to this NVR?
Thanks

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought the Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28mm from Amazon. I think the camera is ONVIF compatible with the NVR but the NVR won't pick up the camera.
I have checked the setting on the camera. I tested it with ONVIF enable and with disable but the NVR won't pick up.
Is it possible to connect other cameras brand to this NVR?
Thanks
The amcrest should work. Make sure you enter the correct username and password.

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do I need to add the camera via the NVR interface?
I try to add it via the web gui. Maybe that is why it did not pick up?
Either or. Via nvr or web gui. From the top of my head since I'm not on a computer you basically go to camera then search, if it doesn't show up you can manually enter your IP, from one of the drop down boxes for camera brand choose private. Enter login and PW, maybe click the connect button then add it.

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Either or. Via nvr or web gui. From the top of my head since I'm not on a computer you basically go to camera then search, if it doesn't show up you can manually enter your IP, from one of the drop down boxes for camera brand choose private. Enter login and PW, maybe click the connect button then add it.
My home ip is 192.168.x.x. and the NVR is 10.1.x.x.
If I I plug in the amcrest camera, how do I know which IP that the NVR assign to?
Thanks

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My home ip is 192.168.x.x. and the NVR is 10.1.x.x.
If I I plug in the amcrest camera, how do I know which IP that the NVR assign to?
Thanks
Don't worry about the 10.1.x.x subnet. Did you plug the amcrest to your nvr? Did It show up in the cameras list? Or did you plug the camera elsewhere like a switch or your router?

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't worry about the 10.1.x.x subnet. Did you plug the amcrest to your nvr? Did It show up in the cameras list? Or did you plug the camera elsewhere like a switch or your router?
I plug the camera to the NVR. So that is why you are only seeing 3 cameras connected.
The NVR is able to find other wifi Amcrest but the new one POE I bought.

Attachments

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI, I had issues with AlarmCenter (IP based notifications). 4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000003.1.R.200813 resolved the issues. Symptoms were - AlarmCenter would stop reporting after reboot; Camera rules would have their "report alarm" unchecked (setting lost) after reboot. It is fixed now and this firmware keeps the IP connection alive instead of connecting/disconnecting for each event.