Gas prices

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not realistically happening in a significant way for another 30 years or so. :idk:

You'll be making them there and we'll be buying them appliances here... Go to big box store to buy like we do refrigerators now. lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The USA has more oil, coal, natural gas supplies than just about anybody, but the dems don't care and would rather outsource and make the Saudi rich. It is way worse than a couple of golfers going to play golf in their new league.

If we are producing, we have better control over pollutants and all the stuff they claim to be concerned with.

But alas that isn't the narrative they present.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The USA has more oil, coal, natural gas supplies than just about anybody, but the dems don't care and would rather outsource and make the Saudi rich. It is way worse than a couple of golfers going to play golf in their new league.

If we are producing, we have better control over pollutants and all the stuff they claim to be concerned with.

But alas that isn't the narrative they present.
They export a lot of oil and gas to China as I know. :)

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Aha because i watch and talk with lots of great people here. So know the real things than the fake news. Looks like Joe wants to make the oil price as higher as possible to force people to drive battery cars. :p
You hit that nail right on the head, Andy. He wants everybody off petroleum, scrap every internal combustion engine and put every driver into a brand new $70,000.00 EV that runs on coal generated electricity....:banghead:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You hit that nail right on the head, Andy. He wants everybody off petroleum, scrap every internal combustion engine and put every driver into a brand new $70,000.00 EV that runs on coal generated electricity....:banghead:
And look at all of the reports of how stressed our electric infrastructure is and is being taxed to the breaking point with this heat wave many are experiencing and now we want to throw millions of vehicles onto that already overloaded system...

What could possibly go wrong.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Aha because i watch and talk with lots of great people here. So know the real things than the fake news. Looks like Joe wants to make the oil price as higher as possible to force people to drive battery cars. :p
So you don't think Men can become Women and Women can become Men? ;):rofl::lmao::rofl::lmao:

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which of these gas prices is/are Joe responsible for? I've seen the claim that prices here in the US are so high because Joe shut down a pipeline project (that wasn't even near being completed and that wouldn't supply the US with oil anyways), but what about all these other places? How did Joe make their prices go so high? He's one powerful dude. Impressive considering he's a bumbling idiot with dementia (again so the story goes). Is there anything that man can't do?

*disclaimer: I didn't vote for him or the other guy - they were both horrible. Can we please start supporting third party candidates instead of falling back on the stupid line of "well, this is the most important election of our lifetime. If __ wins, we will never recover! ____ isn't perfect and I don't really even like him, but he's better than the other guy!" Meanwhile, there's a viable third candidate on the ballot in all 50 states that folks ignore to vote for the "lesser of two evils". How's that working out for ya?

Attachments

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Which of these gas prices is/are Joe responsible for?
I'm not sure if the question is about the absolute prices or the differences between the countries. For the differences, it's mostly about taxes. As one example, compare Germany at $8.26/gal vs. USA at $4.46/gal. The German gas tax is 0.65 euro per liter, roughly $2.76/gallon. Then the VAT of 19% is added to the total including the gas tax. Starting with $8.26, taking out the VAT reduces it to $6.90, then taking out the gas tax gives the no-tax fuel cost as $4.14/gal. The the USA, the state gas tax varies by state in the range of $0.1513 to $0.6815/gal. The median including federal and other taxes is close to 50 cents/gal. Taking the USA price from your graphic of $4.46/gal minus 50 cents tax gives a no-tax fuel cost of $3.96/gal, not a whole lot different than in Germany.

So the answer for the discrepancy between Germany and USA gas costs is taxes, which Joe has not affected as far as I know.

If the question is who is responsible for the absolute gas prices that have risen sharply in all of the countries, it's Joe and the other boneheaded leaders who have caused a supply disruption, leading to higher prices.

USA gas tax reference:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which of these gas prices is/are Joe responsible for? I've seen the claim that prices here in the US are so high because Joe shut down a pipeline project (that wasn't even near being completed and that wouldn't supply the US with oil anyways), but what about all these other places? How did Joe make their prices go so high? He's one powerful dude. Impressive considering he's a bumbling idiot with dementia (again so the story goes). Is there anything that man can't do?

*disclaimer: I didn't vote for him or the other guy - they were both horrible. Can we please start supporting third party candidates instead of falling back on the stupid line of "well, this is the most important election of our lifetime. If wins, we will never recover! __ isn't perfect and I don't really even like him, but he's better than the other guy!" Meanwhile, there's a viable third candidate on the ballot in all 50 states that folks ignore to vote for the "lesser of two evils". How's that working out for ya?
HI @qflyer

"Which of these gas prices is/are Joe responsible for?"

All imho.

1) Please see the info @Smilingreen posted on Biden's executive order .. this is a critical action.

2) imho .. again .. I felt one of the key motivators for Putin to invade Ukraine was feeling that the USA was weak due to:
a) USA failure to do a good job in Afghanistan​
b) USA failure to keep a good relationship with Saudi Arabia ( and now we are begging them to give us cheaper oil .. guess bone saws do not matter now .. )​
c) Executive Order from Jan 20th .. cutting off balls of USA energy ...​
d) quality of USA leadership .. Joe and Harris .. neither inspire a brand of Strength ..​

Honestly, I believe the USA could have played the game in a way to have stopped Putin from invading Ukraine .. perhaps my view is not accurate .. but I do see many reasons for Putin to have seen USA as a weakly run nation during this administration ..

That stated .. I completely agree .. Can we please start supporting third party candidates

Both parties I'd like to throw out right now ..

I found this top secret document that explains in-depth exactly why our gas prices have shot through the roof and show no sign of ever coming down. The magic part is: The one person sole responsible for all of this: You ready for this?.........he even dated and signed his name at the bottom of it.......
Good job @Smilingreen

Solid evidence ..

example here:

View attachment 130800

and of course .. the responsible party ..

View attachment 130801

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
HI @qflyer

"Which of these gas prices is/are Joe responsible for?"

All imho.

1) Please see the info @Smilingreen posted on Biden's executive order .. this is a critical action.

2) imho .. again .. I felt one of the key motivators for Putin to invade Ukraine was feeling that the USA was weak due to:
a) USA failure to do a good job in Afghanistan​
b) USA failure to keep a good relationship with Saudi Arabia ( and now we are begging them to give us cheaper oil .. guess bone saws do not matter now .. )​
c) Executive Order from Jan 20th .. cutting off balls of USA energy ...​
d) quality of USA leadership .. Joe and Harris .. neither inspire a brand of Strength ..​

Honestly, I believe the USA could have played the game in a way to have stopped Putin from invading Ukraine .. perhaps my view is not accurate .. but I do see many reasons for Putin to have seen USA as a weakly run nation during this administration ..

That stated .. I completely agree .. Can we please start supporting third party candidates

Both parties I'd like to throw out right now ..
I agree with you. Biden's weak leadership is partly to blame. If President Trump was still President I do not think any of this would have happened. By the way the Keystone pipeline would be coming on line about now.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
My problem with third party candidates is that we end up like we did in 1992 (ancient history I know, haha). While Bush wasn't great as a result of Perrot we ended up with eight years of Slick Willy, who had a slick willy. It would take a particularly outstanding candidate with a very special "appeal" and an outstanding agenda in ALL areas to get elected.

I realize that this is a somewhat "circular" argument but it is the reality of the situation. I have yet to see a third party candidate, even locally, that has that unique combination of personality and agenda which, in the end, is very unfortunate.