Gas prices

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It's almost like neither party is capable of balancing a checkbook, so why do we keep voting for them?
You may remove "almost" from that statement. As to the question, it's that we as a society only care about how much stuff or power we can get right now, damn the consequences. I sometimes fantasize what the country would be like if state legislatures still appointed the senators, and there was congressional term limits.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If everyone saw inflation coming, umm, why didn't the "fiscal conservative" republicans vote no to the trillions of "stimulus" dollars Trump gave away? Why don't they vote no every time a deficit spending bill comes along? It's almost like neither party is capable of balancing a checkbook, so why do we keep voting for them? Vote third party all the way and if one isn't an option, write in or vote against the incumbent. Every time. It's the only way to fix anything - get rid of both parties. They're both the same - big government and big spending.
A "Middle of the Road Party would be nice" (and if asked, most people would actually place their political views there), but it's a two party country like it or not.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Wait until China decides that Taiwan is their property and actually acts on it.
With the dems top economic "expert" stating she didn't see inflation coming (she stated this last year) and she doesn't see recession coming (which every other person having a brain sees coming), things are only going to get worse.
Taiwan like a ball, China and US both need it, if destroys it, will not meet both interests. Will not have a war at least 15 years, don't worry. Sometimes threat not really make a war, but just show to their people, you see we are doing some great thing to get back TW, just transfer conflict. Like Joe complain China will seize the world, lol.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Somebody cut my tounge out, now, before I say something really stupid about our whitehouse resident.....This was his plan since before day one.:mad:
Don't think anything needs to be said because the consequences speak for themselves, which is why the D's have positioned themselves for massive election failure.

Doesn't take a genius to know you don't promote "alternatives" by crippling current vital infrastructure. Therein is the fundamental flaw of all leftist thinking; that progress isn't made by crippling the fastest runners. You can't burn everything down and then proclaim progress has been made.

It's like the opposite of "if you build it, they will come". Instead it's "If you destroy it, I hope something better comes".

JustDisGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Canadian here. You guys in the U.S. continue to enjoy some of the lowest fuel prices in the world. We're paying $2.10/litre here, which works out to about $7.95CAD/US gallon, or $6.09USD/US gallon.

We don't have Biden here. Why are you guys complaining about Biden and your cheap fuel?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Canadian here. You guys in the U.S. continue to enjoy some of the lowest fuel prices in the world. We're paying $2.10/litre here, which works out to about $7.95CAD/US gallon, or $6.09USD/US gallon.

We don't have Biden here. Why are you guys complaining about Biden and your cheap fuel?
Simple, it was 60% cheaper before Biden came into office. He deliberately sabotaged our oil companies and drilling so as tp purposely raise prices. We were completely energy independent. The fact that your government screws with you doesn't make us feel any better when ours does it as well. There's no reason we should be begging terrorist Saudis or dictators in Venezuela for their oil. We can do it ourselves if our hands are not tied. You should be pissed as well at your oil prices. Your argument that it's more expensive in other countries is irrelevant. We need to pull as much of that shit out of the ground as we can and flood the market. The high oil prices coupled with trillions of dollars in wasted covid funds have contributed to 30% inflation.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Simple, it was 60% cheaper before Biden came into office. He deliberately sabotaged our oil companies and drilling so as the purposely raise prices. We were completely energy independent. The fact that your government screws with you doesn't make us feel any better when ours does it as well. There's no reason we should be begging this saudis or Venezuela for their oil. We can do it ourselves if our hands are not tied. You should be pissed as well at your oil prices. Your argument that it's more expensive in other countries is irrelevant. We need to pull as much of that shit out of the ground as we can and flood the market. The high oil prices coupled with trillions of dollars in wasted covid funds have contributed to 30% inflation.
Exactly. The whole thing with Biden saying they, the Oil Companies, made more money than God, and then the rebuttal by the Oil group saying he sabotaged them. If you look at it, Oil Companies didn't fare well under Trump. Exxon for instance hit a record low during Covid, because there was such an excess of USA produced oil. I have some Exxon and was not liking the drop myself, but only for that reason. I loved the low gas prices for my business under Trump and how it parlayed into other material prices because of low shipping cost because of fuel cost, or things made with oil. I had some of my best years ever under Trump.

I bet if you looked at people close to Biden you would find they bought Exxon when it was low. And made more money than God themselves. I really feel someone needs to look into the holding of everyone in the White House currently. What I am reading is that it is still a good time to get into Exxon, it's a "Buy", even now, that because of what Biden has done it is expected to go much higher.

Edit: you say 30% inflation. It’s closer to 40%. And also… master of the plannedemic, faucI, bet ya he bought Exxon at the low also.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hi @JustDisGuy

Remember Biden also screwed the Canadians .. at least those in Alberta .. by cancelling the XL pipeline ..

1655537624027.png

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If everyone saw inflation coming, umm, why didn't the "fiscal conservative" republicans vote no to the trillions of "stimulus" dollars Trump gave away? Why don't they vote no every time a deficit spending bill comes along? It's almost like neither party is capable of balancing a checkbook, so why do we keep voting for them? Vote third party all the way and if one isn't an option, write in or vote against the incumbent. Every time. It's the only way to fix anything - get rid of both parties. They're both the same - big government and big spending.
I'm going to offend many here, but the answer is that they are 2 sides of the same coin. That coin is surrendering liberty and expanding federal authority. One side might surrender it more slowly, but the end result is a continual erosion of the individual and the construction of ruling elite. Both parties are willing to trade long term prosperity and security for short term political victories.

The problem with humans is their inability to be independent thinkers and take each issue on their own merits, but instead pledge their allegiance to a team. So, you get what we have here; the prelude to civil war.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I know gas is high and has no doubt led to an increase in gas thefts but drilling into a gas tank is not a good idea:

If he had only called "Byrds Fire Protection"...........:rofl: Nominations for Darwin awards are humorous to watch.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score