Gas prices

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why would I have to do that?
If you drive it long enough the batteries degrade over time. So if it's covered under warranty the you are good. Out of warranty then it's on you to replace them or sell it to some sap that doesn't know they are failing.

That is why I'm keeping my hybrid till the wheels fall off. As long as I own the car, Hyundai will have to replace the hybrid battery. They no longer offer this anymore.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you drive it long enough the batteries degrade over time. So if it's covered under warranty the you are good. Out of warranty then it's on you to replace them or sell it to some sap that doesn't know they are failing.

That is why I'm keeping my hybrid till the wheels fall off. As long as I own the car, Hyundai will have to replace the hybrid battery. They no longer offer this anymore.
Yeah, that’s a common talking point and old leafs in very hot climates have had trouble with degradation, but I’ve not seen any degradation so far in this one, and had only minimal in my previous EV.

I’m about as worried about replacing a battery at 200,000 miles as I am about replacing an engine in an ICE at 200,000. I’ll send it to the junk yard and buy a new car. I’m almost 1/3 of the way there and still have full range.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
All I can see in this, Private industry built the total infrastructure with private money,
Oil companies out of their OWN POCKET built from the hole in the ground, pipe line,
refineries, fuel distribution network and in some cases the gas station.

Remember the Sherman Anti-Trust action against Standard oil? The only government
money spent was for tear down not building of business.

With this electric car pipe-dream, the government aka you and I are fronting all the money for
"one's free" efficient transportation. Billions and billions of our fiat money have been spent
on infrastructure that people tend to overlook and never factor into their real mileage.

In the end, had not the Federal Government pumped BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars into EVs through "free" money
given to the automakers and the buying public, then one would not be able to enjoy the false economy of electric vehicles.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind a Prius if it was part of my fleet. I wouldn’t drive it as a daily though unless I’m driving through congested areas

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So with these lower prices folks are seeing…what did Biden do to cause it? You are all convinced Biden caused the higher prices, so how’d he get them to come down?

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
People cutting back on their driving.
Nope, Biden made gas prices go up, so he definitely made them go down. Perhaps it was his speech telling oil companies to bring prices down?

supply and demand,war, pandemics, etc have nothing to do with it. It’s all Biden, as this thread has made clear.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
So with these lower prices folks are seeing…what did Biden do to cause it? You are all convinced Biden caused the higher prices, so how’d he get them to come down?
As stated people are cutting back on their driving. I am sure vacation travel is way down. Flights are also being cancelled. By the way why is Biden threatening the Permian Basin oil supply?

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As stated people are cutting back on their driving. I am sure vacation travel is way down. Flights are also being cancelled. By the way why is Biden threatening the Permian Basin oil supply?
That’s a demand issue, which has nothing to do with prices going up so it doesn’t have anything to do with prices coming down. (Again, according to you all on this thread).

When prices went up, nobody said “oh look, summer travel season is here so prices are going up.” It was “Biden did that!”

be consistent.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s a demand issue, which has nothing to do with prices going up so it doesn’t have anything to do with prices coming down. (Again, according to you all on this thread).

When prices went up, nobody said “oh look, summer travel season is here so prices are going up.” It was “Biden did that!”

be consistent.
It is a supply and demand issue. It sure as hell has to do with the price of petroleum products. You need to get real. Biden has played a big role on the supply side. From cutting back on the drilling on the North Slope of Alaska, fracking on government lands to oil leases. Now he is playing games with the biggest oil reserve in this country called the Permian Basin.

Edit: How could I forget the Keystone Pipeline. :p

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is a supply and demand issue. It sure as hell has to do with the price of petroleum products. You need to get real. Biden has played a big role on the supply side. From cutting back on the drilling on the North Slope of Alaska, fracking on government lands to oil leases. Now he is playing games with the biggest oil reserve in this country called the Permian Basin.
So when gas prices go down, we have to talk about the multitude of factors that cause that to happen.

When prices go up, “Biden did that!”

So funny

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you for real??? Did you not read what I posted? I am beginning to think that you are a troll.
Yes, prices went up because Biden. No mention of a war in Russia. No mention of summer travel season. No mention of speculation. No mention of global supply. Just “Biden did this!”

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Fox News Host: Biden's Energy Policy Is an Impeachable Offense

It's a lengthy commentary but this one shreds the endless stream of nonsense the Biden administration has manufactured in a pathetic attempt to cover for their serial failure on gas prices, inflation, and the supply chain fiasco. Fox News’ Tucker Carlson went on a near 20-minute tear into this administration. Carlson knows the Left hates him. His segment served as another reminder of why they hate him—and it’s something he wears with pride. He eviscerates all their narratives with ease. Carlson explained what we all know which is that Biden’s energy policy is grounded in intentional harm. The Green Left wants to end fossil fuels and the internal combustion engine. The Left thinks they know best. They knew this would be a painful transition, but they don’t care. Biden’s senility works in their favor; they can drag him along.

Carlson aptly noted that this country is rich and powerful due to cheap energy and our bountiful resources. Those resources are being sold off to pay down debt and help our enemies in their quest to remove us as a regional power on the world stage. All of this while Americans are being brutalized at the pump every day and then slapped again when inflation eats away more at their paychecks through bills and at the grocery store. Stores that now have trouble being stocked with common items; baby formula being the latest issue. In Biden’s America, you can fill up your tank, you’re poorer, and you can’t feed your babies. Giving away our energy assets while Americans are being crushed at the pump is an impeachable offense in Tucker’s eyes. What do you think:

…[A] petroleum analysis firm called GasBuddy, decided to do a simple calculation. They wanted to put rising gas prices in context. Here's what they did: math. They determined every year over year price change in gasoline prices in the United States going back to 2002, 20 years, and they found this. From November of 2020 to November of 2021, that would be roughly from Election Day to the end of Joe Biden's first year running the country, gas prices in the United States went up by more than 66%. That was the single highest year-over-year increase since 2002, which happens to be the year the government started tracking those data.

Now, this happened before Russia invaded Ukraine. Why did it happen? Super simple. Joe Biden on the campaign trail told us he was like Superman, and then he proceeded to jump off the garage. He told us he was going to end fossil fuels and because no one took him seriously, because he's senile and wasn't actually going to win, no one followed up with, "What, are you insane? How are you going to do that?

He canceled pipelines. He terminated oil and gas leases. He rejoined the Paris Climate Agreement without explaining why we should and by the way, if the climate is such a crisis, an existential crisis, and China and India are using more fossil fuels than they did 10 years ago, and nobody says anything about it, maybe they're not really sincere about this global warming thing and then on top of all of that, Joe Biden pumped trillions more dollars into the U.S. economy, thereby devaluing the U.S. dollar and making everything, including energy, more expensive.

You know what happened. That's all true and it was done on purpose. It was done to change our energy supply from what is cheap, efficient and the source of all of our wealth to something that Biden and his donors control, the green economy that will make us poor and that is, in fact, causing famine around the world right now. So, that's what happened. As a political matter, since this is still sort of a democracy, it happened way too fast and scared the hell out of people and polls showed that. Democrats and Republicans, no matter who they voted for, were worried above all about rising energy prices because it hurt them directly every single day.

[…]

…in late March, in an act of desperation, Biden did maybe the worst thing that he has done since becoming president and that's saying a lot. He started to sell off one of this country's most important natural resources, one of our most valuable assets. It's called the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the SPR. It's controlled by the Department of Energy. So, what Biden could have done is produce more oil domestically, but that would have been too easy and too good for the United States and its long-term interests."

Lot's more at the link: Fox News Host: Biden's Energy Policy Is an Impeachable Offense (townhall.com)

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fox News Host: Biden's Energy Policy Is an Impeachable Offense

It's a lengthy commentary but this one shreds the endless stream of nonsense the Biden administration has manufactured in a pathetic attempt to cover for their serial failure on gas prices, inflation, and the supply chain fiasco. Fox News’ Tucker Carlson went on a near 20-minute tear into this administration. Carlson knows the Left hates him. His segment served as another reminder of why they hate him—and it’s something he wears with pride. He eviscerates all their narratives with ease. Carlson explained what we all know which is that Biden’s energy policy is grounded in intentional harm. The Green Left wants to end fossil fuels and the internal combustion engine. The Left thinks they know best. They knew this would be a painful transition, but they don’t care. Biden’s senility works in their favor; they can drag him along.

Carlson aptly noted that this country is rich and powerful due to cheap energy and our bountiful resources. Those resources are being sold off to pay down debt and help our enemies in their quest to remove us as a regional power on the world stage. All of this while Americans are being brutalized at the pump every day and then slapped again when inflation eats away more at their paychecks through bills and at the grocery store. Stores that now have trouble being stocked with common items; baby formula being the latest issue. In Biden’s America, you can fill up your tank, you’re poorer, and you can’t feed your babies. Giving away our energy assets while Americans are being crushed at the pump is an impeachable offense in Tucker’s eyes. What do you think:

…[A] petroleum analysis firm called GasBuddy, decided to do a simple calculation. They wanted to put rising gas prices in context. Here's what they did: math. They determined every year over year price change in gasoline prices in the United States going back to 2002, 20 years, and they found this. From November of 2020 to November of 2021, that would be roughly from Election Day to the end of Joe Biden's first year running the country, gas prices in the United States went up by more than 66%. That was the single highest year-over-year increase since 2002, which happens to be the year the government started tracking those data.

Now, this happened before Russia invaded Ukraine. Why did it happen? Super simple. Joe Biden on the campaign trail told us he was like Superman, and then he proceeded to jump off the garage. He told us he was going to end fossil fuels and because no one took him seriously, because he's senile and wasn't actually going to win, no one followed up with, "What, are you insane? How are you going to do that?

He canceled pipelines. He terminated oil and gas leases. He rejoined the Paris Climate Agreement without explaining why we should and by the way, if the climate is such a crisis, an existential crisis, and China and India are using more fossil fuels than they did 10 years ago, and nobody says anything about it, maybe they're not really sincere about this global warming thing and then on top of all of that, Joe Biden pumped trillions more dollars into the U.S. economy, thereby devaluing the U.S. dollar and making everything, including energy, more expensive.

You know what happened. That's all true and it was done on purpose. It was done to change our energy supply from what is cheap, efficient and the source of all of our wealth to something that Biden and his donors control, the green economy that will make us poor and that is, in fact, causing famine around the world right now. So, that's what happened. As a political matter, since this is still sort of a democracy, it happened way too fast and scared the hell out of people and polls showed that. Democrats and Republicans, no matter who they voted for, were worried above all about rising energy prices because it hurt them directly every single day.

[…]

…in late March, in an act of desperation, Biden did maybe the worst thing that he has done since becoming president and that's saying a lot. He started to sell off one of this country's most important natural resources, one of our most valuable assets. It's called the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the SPR. It's controlled by the Department of Energy. So, what Biden could have done is produce more oil domestically, but that would have been too easy and too good for the United States and its long-term interests."

Lot's more at the link: Fox News Host: Biden's Energy Policy Is an Impeachable Offense (townhall.com)
LMAO. Biden gets all the blame for inflation and supply chain problems?

Yeah, the national debt increasing by about 8 trillion in 4 years had nothing to do with it. It’s not like trump printed checks with his name on them and sent them out to most Americans. Nope, that didn’t contribute to inflation.

Supply chain issues? States (including deep red ones) telling everyone to stay home for months didn’t contribute. Thank god we had trump sending out checks to help out during that time. Oh, and let’s also thank trump for getting rid of the unemployment rules that require you to actively look for work to continue receiving benefits.

Man, Biden is the worst isn’t he?